68th Japanese National Badminton Championships (2014)

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by pcll99, Dec 6, 2014.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  2. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Thanks for the link! Times like this I really wish I knew Japanese. The commentators sounds really enthusiatic!

#3 badrad, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  4. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

Ouch, that's gotta hurt for Momota. 20-19 to Sasaki, championship point, and Momota plays a net shot that lands very clearly smack dab on the line but is ruled out, losing him the championship. He told the umpire as much after the call but nothing was done despite it being in full view of everyone. ^^; Oh well, too bad they didn't have hawkeye, would have liked a third game.

badrad: Regarding the commentators, they're ethusiastic indeed, but I feel they're quite restrained and unopiniated. When it comes to line calls they never seem to guess and never question or criticise the calls. Not as colourful as Gillian and Frost :p Generally not particularly deep commentating either, though the female commentator shows a bit more insight. I've only seen a few of the matches so far though :p

Funny what they're saying about Akane though. The coach has apparently told the commentators that they don't really need to coach her because she's good at it herself, so they just help release the tension by joking around saying things like "those shoes are cool" and stuff and that's why we often see her smiling in the intervals. :D

5. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

The recording is A1. BWF really needs to learn from the Japanese on how they can record the matches in such high quality. The sound of the smashes is unbelievable.

6. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I read that Nozomi Okuhara lost in the 1st round.
    Who did she lose to?

7. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

福島由紀, Yuki Fukushima. 17-21, 21-9, 21-16 as far as I can tell. Would've liked to see that match...

I was surprised not to see Matsutomo/Takahashi and/or Kakiiwa/Maeda in the women's doubles. Both apparently lost in straight games earlier on, to Kurihara/Shinoya and Tanaka/Yonemoto respectively.