MACAU Open Grand Prix Gold 2014 (25-30 November 2014)

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Still no victory ceremony ? Strange, maybe coming up for all the winners one by one.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, Danny's fitness not an issue luckily and his horrendous serve not that bad as in the XD.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, prize presentation ceremony now on.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Congrats to Danny & Chayut for winning the MD title.

After Danny's service debacle in the XD, we thought he is a spent force. But he did change to flick service a few times to gain more confidence and to confound his rivals a little bit. He has very good support from Chayut and they deserve the title.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks volcom, SIN needs some motivation in badminton nowadays! :D

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A departure from tradition to have the prize giving ceremony at the end of the day after all the matches have been played. That'll mean less time for toilet breaks for the spectators in between matches. For us viewing the matches on TV at home, it's perfectly all right.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be frank, like Morten Frost, I'd expected INA MD to take it. So when SIN lost the XD, I thought it's finished for SIN on Finals Day.

8. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Maybe that was what Angga-Ricky thinking too and become too relaxed. Their play isn't up to it and they seem to be not focused.

They should be able to focus and play their best game even in a favoring situation. Big problem for all Indonesian players, relaxing too much when you should've grabbed it. ucky Ed-Glow got the title.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For me, I've to admit Xue Song's game is more exciting and enjoyable to watch than Chen Long's. Chen Yu is doing a very good job training him to be a more complete player. Xue Song just needs more exposure and experience to fulfill his promise in world badminton. I believe it won't be long before we see him among the top players.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Pictures of the Winners

I'm happy for our team of Danny Bawa Chrisnanta & Chayut Triyachart who won the MD title in straight games of 21-19, 22-20 against Angga Pratama & Ricky KarandaSuwardi (INA).

Especially for Danny who fought so hard in the XD with Vanessa Neo but lost in three nail-biting games of 21-15, 29-30, 22-20 to Indonesia's Edi Subaktiar & Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja. The second game which went to the maximum of 30 points was a testimony of the very fierce battle that took place.

But now we can see the smiling faces of Danny and Chayut on the winners' podium.

(Sorry some pics can't be uploaded for some reason.)

Attached Files:

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I guess only Macau Open that hold victory ceremony after all matches were finished, so the winners & runners-up must wait after the last match ended :D

As Morten said the INA pair performance isn't the same INA pair that delivered tough resistance against world #1 Lee YD/Yoo YS last week in HKG, they're so passive yesterday.

Overall, it's entertaining final day particularly the first one, thriller second and deciding game that described by its scoreline. Subaktiar/Widjaja must delay their triumphant in third set with extra point too, wow!

Xue Song v Wong WK, the young Chinese unleashed attacking smashes several times at the end of game 3, the experienced HKG MS catched up 5 points to level 19-19 before Xue S finally sealed the match and throwing his shirt to express celebration like he did at IND GP Gold early this year.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Xue Song - Wong Wing Ki match played out like this near the end of the 3rd set, from 14-19 down, WWK clawed back 4 pts to 18-19, then XS went on ferocious attack mode to go 20-18,next he smashed one wide not by much and flat-footing his opponent, 20-19, and finally smashed in succession to convert 21-19 for ultimate victory.

It heartened me to see XS attacked with aplomb without losing his nerves at the crucial moments to success, unlike Wang ZM and Tian HW who more often than not lost their bearings at the critical points.

13. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Just watched rerun or XD match, Danny's serve has to come to a point where Gloria think it's funny that he failed to serve for so many times, Gloria laughed!
    With a perfect make up, this girl can transform into a run way model with that facial feature, slim figure and long legs.. :) I guess this is what makes Danny got really nervous.