Yonex FRENCH Open SS 2014 : SEMIFINALS & FINALS (25th & 26th October 2014)

Discussion in 'French / Bitburger Open 2014' started by CLELY, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the match, every time when LXR smashed it was returned by WSX, so how could LXR not know that when she couldn't be at her attacking best, there's no way she's going to beat a WSX who is motivated to deny her?

Enough said. Let's watch the remaining show.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Adcocks are not in the mood to win the title it seems... trailing in the second game as well.

3. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Justin, there are some things for which behind the back rationalising doesn't hold much significance. LXR, the world no. 1, Olympic Champion, couldn't get her up to try any bit, not even a SINGLE bit! I know and can understand some of the reasonings, but this is simply not done. Also, of course there are a lot of CHN haters who get munition to thrash CHN, I understand. They say that all matches are fixed etc. I have watched some of their matches, and they have been of highest quality. But the point Justin is, that by the inherent nature of credibility, image, and reputation, one foul play or dubious behavior is enough for it to be seriously thrashed.

And since, people have seen so many CHN matches, which are not played to the highest intensity, and having literally no access to the Chinese media, they think those are fixed. We have matches that clearly seem to be fishy, either to provide a lower ranked player opening ( like the AE final in 2008, which allowed Chen Jin to participate), or to avoid compatriots, or simply conserve energy.

The media blank out is a very big deal. Even now, no body, not Gill Clark, Morten Frost or any one knows that Wang Yihan was out of injury against Carolina Marin. Nor do they know that Tang Jinhua was injured. etc. For many people, Chinese are emotionless robots, this de-humanising is a very unfortunate thing.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congrats to indo pair for winning XD title

5. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    And I hope Justin, that I am not one of the trolls that you are talking about. I know many of your analysis may indeed be true, but you generally have a very weak case my friend, quite weak.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Let's face it. Even if LXR and WSX fight tooth and nail to the bitter end which they did the previous few occasions, including those matches involving WYH, do you think those guys really care? I bet they aren't even watching and merely want to see the two ladies quickly get over with it so they can watch what they are waiting for. Relax, my friend, you should know better, I understand what you feel but don't read too much into it.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Of course, I never take you as a troll.On the contrary,I hold you in high regard.

8. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    An improved fight from the Adcock couple in G2 to better reflect a match between the world's #4 vs #5

Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir [3](INA) bt (ENG)[4] Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock 21-9, 21-16 in 0:33

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Very late matches... they have to schedule in such a way tht all asians can view it . I wanted the last 2 matches to be the first. But they have different opinions.

10. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    Seems this kind of issue have been an unending discussion. You know, for me, it already become "Oh damn, they're not even trying to play." Thats it. Because it doesnt matter how I expect explanation, die hard fans of CHN will always have bla bla bla to defend it. Lets enjoy the upcoming MD match, which surely worth to watch! :D

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For those people,I have only this to say: Face the truth, embrace it for only the truth shall set you free. As the Chinese proverb goes, true gold fears no fire.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's one of the stress-free Final match involving Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir, after they easily beat the Adcocks in straight-sets 21-9, 21-16; in just 32 mins. So, first title at the French SS for the pair and Liliyana's 2nd French title (having won the first one with Nova Widianto back in 2009).

This is also Owi/Butet's 11th SS titles (with 3 each at Singapore, India, and AE; and 1 each at China and French).

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Adcocks are outmatched by Tantowi/Natsir.

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    No they can't and they can't afford to take the risk.
    If they moved the last 2 matches to be the first, they will have to move the other 3 matches and 2 of those involving CHN vs CHN. The stadium may be empty by then and with LXR's retirement, it is a no no for the organizers.
    What's more with BWF President there watching.

15. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Again, you phrased the lines at best Justin, something I ain't capable to accomplish :D

Some particular trolls here do indeed take ANY, i repeat any opportunity to unleash their frustration and resentment with the Chinese badminton squad, in disguised or naked ways, so much to the disgusting level.

A retreat incident like this, for whatever reasons, just gives them the very potent ammo to unleash the full venomous attacks!!

#475 kelana, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  16. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Well, the best opportunity for the EUR shuttlers to shine at home continent, only a major upset will prevent BoMo from reaping the trophy!

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think we have to be fair to the fans, especially to those who paid to watch at the stadium.

They are actually expecting a very good game from LXR and WSX.

But when LXR is seen not to be performing to expectation as WR1, they begin to speculate.

Some may ask if the opposition is different, from another country, would LXR still play like she did? Or will she play to win, despite her condition?

Other valid questions include:

The other events are just as keenly fought and though many players are tired, they still tried their best right through the finals.

CTC's match against WZM is a case in point. Looking at the condition of CTC, even Cheung thought he would give in any time. But CTC fought to the last and got rewarded with the title. He was thoroughly exhausted in the end.

What about ranking points for the winner and runner-up? Obviously the winner gets more points. By giving the title easily to WSX, would mean to raise her WR, an advantage many players would like to have for qualification and seeding purposes.

So some not-too-kind fans will consider this as match-fixing and undue advantage to one's compatriots.

To dispel all such negative thoughts, players, coaches and their managers should play by the rules, unless the player is injured, certified by the tournament doctor.

Unfortunately today's WS final is not deemed by many to be playing by the rules.

#477 Loh, Oct 26, 2014
  18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Unfortunately, I could not watch the matchez.. following it with live scores from my mobile as I am having an outing with my friends at the beach. I am very interested 2 watch MS after returning back to home.

#478 scorpion1, Oct 26, 2014
  19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Are the Japanese MD pair under progress to make a major upset? Took the first game 21-18

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I just watched the first game of the WS final. My observations, for what they are worth.

LXR was not in proper physical condition. It appeared that she may not have warmed up properly either, for the match. GC noted as well that she is carrying a right hamstring problem/injury, which I suspected as well because she was favouring her right leg when walking. And as the game progressed she also was more tentative on her forward lunge.

So I'm not surprised she retired in Game 2.

LXR has been in the finals of every tournament she has played this year, so far. Translated, it means she has played a lot of matches. Something had to give. Sadly, it happened in the finals at the French Open.

Meanwhile, at the end of the best point of the match, WYH gives us her best "not impressed" face... :D

WYH-n-i.jpg