Peter GADE

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Good job, cobalt! Good questions! Hope you managed to get your rackets and t-shirts signed. :)

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Frankly, it was all about PG; I had little to do with it at all. :)

Well, just to clarify, let me share something that I discovered about PG in the course of my very brief interaction with him.

Peter Gade is a very articulate, mentally agile and situationally aware person. He brings his presence into any room, but does not overwhelm- rather, he enhances the energy with his own.

He is sure and confident, and can express himself effortlessly. I think that is very evident in this brief interaction. His sense of recall and focus on his attitude and response is also very self-evident.

He understands how to extract maximum value in every response or answer he gives to a question. And he does this with great ease. He knows what is expected of him, and he delivers in spades.

And oddly enough, although it was the first time we had met, it just felt very comfortable. In fact, just like the game he plays, he makes everything look so easy!

For me, the experience was obviously a great pleasure. :)

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Sounds like someone has been Mesmerized by Mr. Gade's charms. :rolleyes:
    ___
    But is it really a surprise that PG gives a good interview?
    He has been around for a long time. The thing he has had most practice at, apart from badminton, is probably public relations. He must have heard every question asked in every conceivable way by every conceivable interviewer.

What you experienced in your brief interview, cobalt, was a sample of the focused power of concentration that took PG to the highest level of his sport.

AT any rate, thanks for representing BC and bringing that excellent interview to screen for we fans. :)

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    just wondering, does Peter speak German?

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Yes, he does.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    do most danish badminton players speak German fluently?

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Your question has left me stumped :p

I haven't the faintest idea whether they do but every Dane I know speaks German :D

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Denmark -- just like Canada -- is a small country on top of a big country so your hypothesis seems logical. After all, most Canadians I know can speak American fluently. ;-)

9. Crazy Maniac

Crazy Maniac New Member

School
    German is taught as the second foreign language (the first being English) in Danish primary schools. Therefore many Danes are capable of speaking at least some German :)

10. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

11. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    PG should come to Malaysia and be an icon to young budding Malaysian players - may be BAM can
    consider to employ him as a coach for our juniors.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    "Goodbye, Peter Gade."

An absorbing documentary prepared by Danish Television, with interviews on Peter's life and career. In Danish.

But even though I cannot understand the language, I can follow -and enjoy, the visual story quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQH5mWLnWw

...and some of my fav music! :)

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Dear Fellow BCers especially Danish BCers

Would you guys help us to provide a summary, please.

Thanks a lot.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the CCTV interview after winning the Incheon Asian Games MS championship, Lin Dan reiterated that he regarded Peter Gade together with Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei (particularly) as three of his greatest opponents, without whom he would not be what he is today.

Wish somebody could provide a translation of the PG Danish video. Btw, in the video there are two brief segments of Lin Dan. In the first one, he said:"To me being able to defeat Peter Gade in 2004 and 2005 was a source of a big boost to my self-confidence as I'd beaten a top-notch opponent." In the second segment, Lin Dan said:" First of all, Peter is very strong in attack. In the MS game, he belongs to those who often initiates the attack, extremely fast,when I play him I always feel that if I fail to match his speed I'd probably lose."

15. B-J-R

B-J-R Regular Member

Had the opportunity to meet, watch, and learn from Peter Gade this past Friday and Saturday. Incredible what a high level/pace he plays at.. IMG_6881.jpg

My recording of his exhibition match with David Snider (3-time Canadian National Champion).
    Game 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIbDGuTe1OU

16. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Was at the same event as BJR and talked with Peter before the match Friday as splurged and bought a VIP ticket so had access to the warm up session. Saturday we sat around talking a bit waiting for the training to begin with his friend Thomas. Warning if your over 50 and have never done training not a good idea with Peter Gade. Last drill was 10 sets of side line touches and almost taped out on round 7 but stuck it out. Think everyone was 20 or younger for the most part lol.

If anyone asked me about him my first words would be what a truly nice guy. He spoke with everyone, signed everything, and never turned down anyone I saw. Answered lots of questions and put thought into them. I gave him some coins with Winnipeg and Manitoba on them to remember his trip here and he was very gracious even thou he has probably gotten tons of nice stuff.

At the end I walked over and gave him a good hand shake and wished him luck in coaching in France. He thanked me very much and you knew he was being sincere.

So even thou Peter is an awesome player I will remember him as a truly nice guy which I think is even more important.

#256 ormy4, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  17. Edmund96

Edmund96 Regular Member

-
  18. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Nice picture, BJR.
    Nicely written report, ormy4.

These are the types of post which fans who don't live in world badminton hot-spots (like Winnipeg) really appreciate. :)

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nice report.

20. Herzfrequenz

Herzfrequenz Regular Member

iter Gade can increase pace explosively and with insane concentration win 10 points in a row. At that, by looking at his face/gesticulation one can tell that he is either nervous or angry. Maybe there is information what’s happening to him or how he sets himself up?