14 days | li-ning world championships!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2014' started by Trinhity, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I share your sorrows ...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::D

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well another incentive for JOJ is that he has to please his new sponsor Yonex!

But I still put my faith in LCW.

3. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

LCW says that he's injured and low on confidence.

Is he really struggling with his hamstring? Or is he just saying that to the media to take pressure off of himself?

I have a feeling its more the latter. If he was really injured, he wouldn't want to let his opponents know that, right?

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm inclined to agree with you, I think it's more psychological than anything. He's having the jitters before the big one, not for the first time, it could be a smokescreen, who knows except himself and those close to him. Whatever it is, we'll know the truth soon.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Top-ranked Lee battling injury ahead of world c'ships

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...d-lee-battling-injury-ahead-world-cships-2014

Published on Aug 12, 2014 4:49 PM [​IMG]

Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia returns a shuttlecock during the men's singles second round match against Brice Leverdez of France at the 2014 Indonesia Open in Jakarta on June 19. -- PHOTO: AFP

(REUTERS) - World badminton's No. 1 player Lee Chong Wei has revealed that injury concerns are leaving him low on confidence ahead of the World Championships in Denmark at the end of the month.

The Malaysian was unable to defend his Commonwealth Games title in Scotland last month owing to a hamstring injury and although he is back in training, he admitted to not being on top of his game.

"My mind is willing but my body is giving me trouble," he told the Malaysian Star. "I am 80 per cent better but every day is a struggle for me to psych myself up in training. My mood fluctuates. I get very upset when my legs give way when I try to push myself.

"I am beginning to feel the heat as it draws closer to the World Championships."

(Will LCW be destroyed by his own negative mental condition?)

6. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
  7. visor

visor Regular Member

Loh, you know that LCW is just following LD's use of a smokescreen tactic to minimize undue pressure placed on him, right?

8. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Wow, if Tago withdraws, that really opens the door for Chen Long. No excuse for him not to make the final.

LCW can win it if he can get past Santoso and Chen Long.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm afraid he may be a victim of self-prophecy. :rolleyes:

10. visor

visor Regular Member

You're a stockbroker... Let me tell you what is self prophecy... Whatever stocks I buy always goes down... So if I want LCW to win, I'll need to bet on CL and Santoso ... ;)

#30 visor, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I need to learn from you.

12. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

It is confirmed
    "the Badminton World Federation (BWF) confirmed fourth seed Tago’s pullout due to an injury. As the draw has been made, there will be no replacement."
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2014/08/15/When-Tagos-away-Chen-Long-will-play/

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    :LCW has one strong rival less to handle!:)

Now JOJ must not tango with Tago! :D

#33 Loh, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Indonesia's Santoso to miss badminton world championships

https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/indonesias-santoso-miss-world-championships-111126238--spt.html

[​IMG]

AFP News – 10 hours ago

[*][​IMG]View Photo

Simon Santoso of Indonesia returns a shot against Du Pengyu of China during the OUE …

Indonesia's Simon Santoso will miss next week's badminton world championships due to dengue fever, badminton's governing body said Tuesday.

Santoso's last-minute entry into the competition to be held from August 25-31 in Copenhagen, Denmark, had been expected to pose a challenge to world number one Lee Chong Wei's quest for his maiden title.

But Santoso's bid for the men's singles crown has been frustrated as he has been hospitalised after falling ill Monday, the Badminton World Federation said in a statement.
    Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease that is common in the tropics and can be fatal. Symptoms include nausea, headache and severe muscle and joint pain.

Men's doubles defending champions Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan will also miss the championships as Ahsan's lower back pain has gotten worse, the federation said.

"It's a disaster for us –- what can I say. We are leaving on Thursday morning and we have no choice (but to withdraw them). They cannot play," Bambang Roedyanto of the Badminton Association of Indonesia said.

Indonesia's defending mixed doubles pair, Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir, withdrew earlier due to Ahmad's ankle injury.

Returning from an injury lay-off, Malaysia's Lee is preparing for the championships though he is still feeling some pain in his thigh, national coach Tey Seu Bock was quoted by the New Straits Times on Tuesday as saying.

Lee missed the recent Glasgow Commonwealth Games due to the thigh injury, which has troubled the star for months.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It would seem the way is open for LCW to capture his first WC title.

Not unless JOJ and CL are able to play above themselves. ;)

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Seems like ratchanok did not withdraw. She is going to denmark as per her instagram?!!!!!!!!. Is this news correct?