2014 BCA INDONESIA Open SS Premier : Qualification & R/32 (17th & 18th June 2014)

Discussion in 'Indonesia / Australia Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jun 16, 2014.

1. kiky.andra99

kiky.andra99 Regular Member

child therapist
    to much unforced error from zhang nan, maybe becouse his bad mood n his emotion, we all know what happen at WC 2013 when they play againts tantowi n liliana. watch 23.30 zhang nan say something to zhau. zhau maybe "complaining" about zhang plays.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ct 2 livestream not showing, Tommy vs Viktor ?

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    1-1 g3 tommy leads 6-5

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Viktor showed Tommy the door.

5. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    star sports 1 not gonna telecast round16 in india...instead star sports2 will be telecasting :( .... from Qfinal(friday) onwards star sports1 will telecast :)

6. badrutm

badrutm Regular Member

blogger
    I recorded that match :D :D :D

7. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
  8. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    Wang Shixian vs Sashina Vignes Waran 21-17 21-9

9. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Zhao Yunlei on her FB - "Referees were the stars, so obviously illegal is not liable, and losing it doesn't matter, just do not know when the World Badminton Federation to give players a real opportunity for fair competition and the environment" [Translated by Bing on Facebook]

10. kiky.andra99

kiky.andra99 Regular Member

child therapist
    JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo / Greysia Polii successful overthrow seeded mixed doubles, Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei, in the first round of the Indonesia Open Superseries Premier BCA 2014, Wednesday (06/18/2014). This new double paired successfully make the Olympic champion frustration, even Zhang Nan had to slam his racket twice.

"For me, it was a chance because he's definitely concerned dispersed," Kevin said in a press conference after the game when asked about the racket tossing incident.

Kevin also explained that he and Greysia play the same as when playing in qualifying, Tuesday (06/17/2014), the no-load and the target.

"We know they are experienced players, but we are not scared of them. We know China's pressing style of play continues, especially if all three games.'s Why we should not miss (points) first let me not keteken," said Greysia Polii.

Greysia added, the defeat in the first game could make them doubt whether they could beat Zhang / Zhao. "Moment (superior) 16-12 in the three games that most makes us think, 'oh we can ya'," said Greysia.

In a match that lasted 1 hour 9 minutes, Kevin / Greysia win 15-21, 21-18, 23-21. In the second round they will face a double Korean, Lee Seung-chan Yong-dae/Shin.

11. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    rough translation for quotes only:

"For me that was a chance because that made he (Zhang Nan) lost his concentration", Kevin said at the press conference after the match.

"We know they are experienced players, but we were not afraid of them. We know their style of play which is continuously taking pressure, especially in the third game. That's why we think we could not afford to be left behind in term of point, so that we are not under pressure." Greysia Polii said.

"The moment when lead 16-12 is the one that we think we can (beat them)" greysia again.

12. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    upss.. someone already provide the translation from google. sorry.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

They can't blame anyone but themselves, for not playing up to their usual standard. They made a lot of simple unforced errors in G3.

The better pair still won that match.

14. sen

sen Regular Member

Greysia should have admitted to the referee if she is sporting enough. During Christian Hadinata game against China(you have to be over 50 to know this, hehehe, but actually I did not watch too, I only read about it), he admitted to referee that the shuttles hit his hair, even though the opponent did not complain.

But then, there was some kind of bad past between Greysia and Zhao Yunlei. Last year, she complained that Zhao was not being sportive.

15. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    For the sake of fair play, yes I agree that if it is double hit, Greysia/Kevin should admit that to the referee. However, if we switch places, and let's say Zhang/Zhao did hit double hit, would they admit it? I think none of the players nowadays if it is not "for sure" double hit will admit they did double hit.

Also, Zhang/Zhao did not blame the players though as what I have read in local news, Zhang blamed the umpire for not accommodating his concern (take a video replay for example). Umpire argues that the challenge (video replay) is only allowed for the shuttle that hit the ground not double hit.

My personal opinion: Doesn't matter if it's double hit or not (because unseen double hit can happen to any players, at any tournament), players should just let it go and keep focus and concentrate in their game. As far as I remembered, similar situation happened in World Championship last year in China too, and Zhang/Zhao similarly complain to umpire (maybe for another reason, not double hit). If you play better than your opponent, one point injustice lost would have been no problem.

16. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    I agree that one point of injustice lost would have been no problem, but only in normal situation. They were 20 all, whoever won that rally would gain a match point, and it was in the 3rd game. If you lost there, you lost the match. There was no 2nd chance. I think that the whole match point situation was one of the reasons why they protested so hard and react the way they did. Another reason was the mental pressure caused by the Indonesian crowd.

I read in a weibo that posts many news and pictures about the Chinese team and the owner of that weibo seems to know the players personally as well, that the umpire who umpired the Zhang/Zhao match today was also umpiring their last year World Championship SF against Natsir/Ahmad. I used Google Translate so I don't know if that was exactly what the blogger wanted to say or not. But if it's true, then maybe not only there was a bad past between the players, there was also a bad past between the Chinese and the umpire.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

I too find ZYL lacking a tad in sportsmanship as she tends to yell and raise her fist *towards* her opponents when she or her partner wins a point, even if it's her opponents' mistakes or her partner's winning shot.

As far as I've seen, she's the only player that does this, and I find it very annoying. I've seen many other players complain to the umpire about this and the umpire would subsequently have a word with her.

But nevertheless, Z/Z played quite poorly in G3 and the result speaks for itself, irregardless of camera flash or possible double hit.

18. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    It was not match point, as far as I remember the controversy happened at 20-19 and the Indonesian's 20th point, So the point would have won them the match.

19. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

the incident happened at 20-20. watch again.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Wow, so much attack on CHN (Z&Z) players.

Where are their defenders??? Must be inside a hole.