Liew Daren

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by TheSmasherKing, Apr 21, 2011.

1. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I dont point fingers. MAS lost is clearly due to selection as u said. I only tells what i feel from my perspective. What you said about program and all it only sound excuses to me.

Your example about Bolt is not good enough. Daren lost is because his attitude. On the 3rd set, when the score is even, u can see he felt that he should slower his game and was hoping for opponent to make mistake rather than FORCE him to make mistake.

Daren has the fighting spirit more than ever on the 2nd set. He forced Ueda to play net and Ueda gave him an easy shuttle to kill. That's what made him won the 2nd set.

I may not be a national coach, but nobody would disagree with me when i say Daren lost because of his attitude on court.

If he doesn't fit, why made him a captain ? Injuries, ranking or programmes are all excuses for the lack of discipline and mental endurance. LCW did say in newspaper 'dia ingat dia bagus'.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I disagree although I am a nobody to you. :)

He had the right attitude.

3. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

hope Daren able to regain his 2012 edition form, don't turn to another "yoyo hafiz"...

4. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Well I try to search what LCW said about Liew Daren. LCW mentioned that after Liew Daren won France Open in 2012 he started to become big headed & wont listen to the coach advice.

I was wondering who are responsible to make him as a captain?He totally did not deserve it.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Agree, he always using injury as an excuse for so many years, LCW spent ONLY 6 months to recovered from serious ankle injury WITH MAJOR SURGERY and come BACK to win a silver in Olympic......and LDR spent more than 2 years doing nothing and dropping from WR10 to WR66.....playing so passively to lost his most important match in his career............i am speechless for him. Better retired if he dont change his attitude as a badminton player !!

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LDR mission in thomas Cup team was just to lose points....never win a point for Malaysia, even lost the Thomas Cup to Japan !!

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    liew daren, a legend in his own way, its difficult to be in the eyes of the public, you become good, everyone praise you, you do bad, everyone mock you, there is more to liew daren, however, most important things in life, is what you want, some may said hafiz failed because he is talented, he shoudl have achivee more, however, hafiz might be a happier person because he is being content, lee chong wei has none stop chasing after all this. and datuk is nto happy yet

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Hafiz Hashim is alive and well and his name is Liew Darren

9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    I think nothing wrong with Liew Daren during the Final as he played like he used to play everytime I see him. Just that his usual standard was not good enough to beat Ueda.....

10. julianng

julianng Regular Member

you mean hafiz change his name to liew darren ??

11. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

Daren sucks and he deserved the humiliations because he really played lousy badminton in Thomas cup in front of millions of television viewers and showed the world our 3rd singles player in the country can't even execute a simple netting.

In contrast, Chong Wei Feng lost and nobody bashed him, because we all have eyes to see that Chong Wei Feng played proper badminton and just that his opponent simply had the upper hand.

Come back to our beloved Daren, he just make so many low class mistake that eventually handed over the Thomas cup to the Japs.

Daren represent the country and being bashed and humiliated by fans is part of the deal.

Can't take it? Get a job move on with his life and let other potential single players move up.

Don't ever play badminton again and please don't mention to people that he know how to play because he don't.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

It's a wonder anybody would want to represent Malaysia, given posts like these.

13. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Post like that has nothing wrong. CWF lost too. But he showed the right attitude and a very discipline manner of gameplay in the court.

One-time wonder guy did not. He only showed good gameplay while catching up the scores. Once even, he showed an amateurish gameplay.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

The root cause is simply the team did not have enough depth and quality and ultimately, who is responsible for team development?

15. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

And yet they made it to the finals. Respect them. All of them showed their hunger but not the captain

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Making the finals was just lucky given that Malaysia has one of it's weakest teams. I can't recall them having a player ranked in 60's and then the next one in the 100's as third and fourth singles.

17. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Who gives a damn about ranking ? Its thomas cup. Scratch pair did not lose a game at all.

I think it's gonna be off topic. Better stop here. Captain suck, the teammate did their 200%. Thats it.

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Not sure if it is just me, but I seem to find that Liew Daren is playing more and more like LCW, almost mimicking his style, technique and even choice of shots - except he doesn't quite have LCW's ability.

19. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    to be fair , I felt that Daren liew under performed against takuma, if only he was more consistent and stronger in mental , he would have beat takuma. But on the other hand, I think the Malaysian supporters n teammates are give him a lot of pressure , especially when he does mistake , we can all see the expression on the supporters and teammates. Where as, the japanese team are singing and chanting , cheering for takuma, which I think is a better form so supporting ! Especially its the last tie ! which determine the outcome =x

20. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Japanese team did not chant nor sing when ueda did not scores. I suggest u watch again.