Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Interesting

Wonder when he will announce or will we only find out for sure when he enters the next competition.

I heard it was adidas many months ago.

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    When you heard it, was it just for clothing/shoes or was it racquet as well?

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No distinction. I was told Lin Dan would be sponsored by Adidas.

Since Adidas have the full range of equipment, I assumed that he wears and uses Adidas head to toe on that contract.

I remember before we discussed about the team contract is with Li Ning and the conflict with Thomas Cup. But a team event, usually a team strip is worn. Now that the Thomas Cup has passed, I can see why he should be quite free to use his own sponsors apparel and equipment.

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Yes, bro Cheung, i agree with u, thats why we could see Lin dan wearing adidas now !

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I wonder if he will need to play more tournaments after signing the contract. If he only play 2 or 3 tournaments a year, it will be hard for Adidas to pay him a lot.

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i blame google

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Would you mind to tell us why?

Too bad, Lin Dan can't win his 6th TC gold medals in a row. Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun too :(

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i was referring to the poor google translation of the article, as always.
    but since the original post been deleted i can't give you examples

9. Shahzadeh

Shahzadeh New Member

What is Lin Dan's racket model and make that he uses at this moment. Or the latest racket that we know that he last used?

10. jasontyh

jasontyh Regular Member

Engineer
    Now = still a puzzle
    last known = Li Ning Woods N90

11. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    From BWF badminton:

Lin dan ranking rise up from 58 to 35 now !

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    muhahaha

muhahahahahaha

muhahahahhahahahah, very funny guys.

on a more serious note, please educate me on why sponsoring someone who is on the way out so good for business for adidas?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Because it's a sure bet. And he's still the best in the sport.

14. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    and the poster boy for badminton in the same way they still have business interests with David Beckham.

15. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    For soccer most popular with adidas is not Beckham now, is Barcelona star Messi !

If Lin dan really sign with adidas, he will be the biggest star badminton ever produce..

16. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Messi is 3rd behind Ronaldo and Bale.

My Beckham reference was in reply to someone's suggestion that Lin Dan is on the decline and not as marketable. Beckham retired years ago and still makes loads on endorsement deals.

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bro dbswansea:

Sorry for my mistake, ya at least Ronaldo is the most popular..Bale really earns from adidas sponsorship after he moved from Spurs, I believe if Adidas want to throw in the money for Lin dan sponsorship , i doubt yonex or li ning can win it.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

We need to petition Madame Tussaud to build a LinDan replica in the museum... maybe right before he retires.

19. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Already have at the Madame Tussaud Shanghai.

20. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    The Star:

KUALA LUMPUR: China’s five-time world champion Lin Dan is lurking dangerously to burst the bubbles of two Malaysian men’s singles shuttlers – Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng – in the early rounds of the Japan Open in Tokyo from June 10-15.

Daren and Wei Feng are still on a high after helping Malaysia reach the final of the Thomas Cup Finals in New Delhi recently.

Lin Dan, still hurting from his team’s shock semi-final loss to eventual champions Japan, is expected to restore some pride for the powerhouse when he begins his campaign from the qualifying round of the Japan Open.

The unseeded Lin Dan should have no problem overcoming Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in the first round and face Daren for a place in the main draw.

In the main draw, world No. 35 Lin Dan is expected to meet Hans-Kristian Vittinghus of Denmark in the opening round, with the winner going on to face Wei Feng.

Daren said that he is ready to move on after letting slip a golden chance to become the hero in his second Thomas Cup outing recently.

He flopped in the group stages but earned some raises for putting up a gallant fight before losing in a crucial match against Takuma Euda in the Thomas Cup final.

With Daren’s narrow defeat to Euda, Malaysia lost 3-2 to Japan and the 22-year wait for the Cup continues.

“The first few days after the Thomas Cup was difficult for me ... I couldn’t bear reliving the disappointment of losing so narrowly and letting the team down. I know I could’ve won it but I didn’t take my chances.

“It has been almost two weeks now and I’m ready to start all over again. I’m not troubled by any injuries right now and I’ve regained some confidence to get my game going again,” said Daren, who was plagued with inconsistency prior to the Thomas Cup Finals due to several injuries.

Although he has been handed a tough Japan Open draw, Daren said he is ready to give it a go.

“It’s unfortunate that I’ll probably meet Lin Dan in the second round of the qualifying tournament. I last played against him at the Thomas Cup Finals in Wuhan two years ago and I managed to steal a game from him.

“I hope to give him a good fight again and, hopefully, the unexpected can happen ...,” he said with a smile.

The others in Lin Dan’s half are second seed Chen Long, Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen, sixth seed Son Wan-ho of South Korea and Japan’s Kento Momota.

Should Daren and Wei Feng bite the dust, Malaysia can – as always – count on world No. 1, top seed and defending champion Lee Chong Wei to keep the flag flying high.

Four-time Japan Open champion Chong Wei, who kept a clean record by winning all his matches at the Thomas Cup Finals, is in the top half with fourth seed Kenichi Tago of Japan, India’s Srikanth and Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

If everything goes according to form, it should be a Chong Wei-Lin Dan showdown – and what an exciting final that will be!