China Thomas/Uber Cup Teams

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2014' started by Woffle, May 1, 2014.

1. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Thomas Cup:MS: Chen Long, Du Pengyu, Tian Houwei, Lin DanMD: Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan, Chai Biao/Hong Wei, Cai Yun/Fu HaifengUber Cup:WS: Li Xuerui, Wang Shixian, Wang Yihan, Sun YuWD: Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei, Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli, Bao Yixin/Tang JinhuaNo Yu Yang due to injury, apparently.

#1 Woffle, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Oh Wang Zhenming is out .. A wake up call to him.Lin dan is finally in the team !

3. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I still can't seem to edit posts in chrome (or use emoticons)...

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Other LD, there is no sure point from the other MS and MD. Defending their TC will be tough.

Who can get 1 single WS point from China? Probably no one. But without Yu Yang, it will be hard to sweep everyone 5-0.

5. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Think that MS1 is pretty secure as long as not playing against MAS, CL is not exactly in bad form recently. But MAS is not big threat to CHN TC team anyways. Their MD1 is not horrible either (Liu/Qiu are capable of beating Endo/Hayakawa and BoMo). It is hard to say what form LYD/KKJ will be in but they can put up a fight. I still think CHN is only threatened by INA, especially since they do seem to be intent on playing Simon as MS2 should they meet CHN, but even then Tommy is not too big a threat for CL, so they only need to win 1 of 3 matches, and both MS2 and MD2 are winnable.Even with no YY, sweeping will be a lot harder but it should still be doable against most teams (maybe problematic against KOR or JPN)

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Very surprised that LXL and QZH still there...
    Hopefully QZH has got his fitness sorted out and stopped eating so much junk food.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

And too bad Lin Dan only can playing as CHN MS3 due his lowest ranking between the other 3 despite his capability is #1 over his team-mates, no doubt.Without Yu Yang, it should not big problem for CHN Uber team since they have high quality players in WS to capture winning point.
    Looks like MS2 is weak link of CHN team if they meet INA in finale beside their two MDs. If the score hangs on 2-2 and going to last match, CHN surely will win with their ace LD, INA must secure 2 MDS + MS2 point.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

No Zhang Nan in Thomas Cup. China is quite confident of their young doubles players.

9. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I'm surprised China opted for Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun over FHF/Zhang Nan.

10. zhuangcorp

Any information on YY's injury? How serious is it?

I really dont understand the logic of taking DPY and THW over WZM. I think WZM is the better player, even though he is disappointing. Maybe this is LYB's way of trying to motivate him.

Also slightly sad to see that Tang Yuanting is left off the team. I feel she's been much better than Tian Qing as of late.

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

that doesn't mean FHY/CY will play together.
    China also has options with CB/FHY and CY/HW, pending on the oppositions.

12. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

My opinion is LYB's plan all along is to use FHF/CY in the 2nd doubles. So FHF and CY were not paired in all except one tournament if I remembered correctly so that their ranking remains lower than the other 2 pairs. Meanwhile both FHF and CY played with different partners to get them into competition readiness for the TC. They have played together for many years and it is not difficult to get them combining well again within a couple of weeks. For all we know the two of them may be quietly playing together in training for a few months already. Talking about pulling wool over the opponents' eyes, this has got to be the one. Just my intuition. By the way I personally feel that China is going to be very hard pressed to retain the TC this time around.

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i also think that China will play FHY/CY as MD2, combined with Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan as MD1 they should be able to get at least one point from any team.

If so, which other team is capable to get 2 points out of CL, DPY and LD?

14. zhuangcorp

I don't understand your logic.

1) CY/FHF are ranked lower than CB/HW and LXL/QZH. So they have to play 3rd if I'm not mistaken.

2) CY/FHF recently played together in the CBSL and lost badly. In the post match interview, they admitted that after not playing together for a long time, they weren't able to compete well.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

not if CB/HW are not playing together, i.e. MD1 - LXL/QZH and MD2 - CY/FHF, or CY/HW or CB/FHF.

16. zhuangcorp

Personally, I think CB/HW is china's best team at the moment. They have had some impressive wins over top teams lately.

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

but the big match experiences of the OLY champion is invaluable.

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

teams likely to threaten China are INA, KOR, DEN and JPN in that order.

realistically only INA has a chance for both doubles and to get 1 point from the singles, possible.

KOR needs 2 points from the doubles (unlikely) and a miracle to get the other point from the singles.

DEN if they play above themselves, 1 from the doubles and 1 from single, hard to see where the 3rd point from.
    Similar for JPN.

19. zhuangcorp

As for KOR - I think they have a very good chance of getting 2 points of doubles. YYS/LYD is almost a guaranteed point. Then they still have some very good doubles players to get another point in MD2 (Ko, Kim, Shin). MS1 is pretty much lost to Chen Long, But for MS2, I actually see either So Won Ho or Lee Dong Kun as being favored over DPY or THW! So KOR has a good chance to win.

For INA - Setiawan/Ahsan is almost a guaranteed point. Then MD2 is at least a 50% chance of winning another point. Sugiarto probably can't beat Chen Long, but Rumbaka, Sony, or Santoso can definitely beat DPY/THW. so INA has a very good chance to win as well.

20. BadSupport

BadSupport Regular Member

Santoso didnt choose by Rexy... MS INA: Sugiarto, Rumbaka, Santoso, Ihsan Maulana