Indonesia Team

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2014' started by otidh, Apr 16, 2014.

1. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Indonesia Team Nominations for Thomas & Uber Cup 2014

Thomas Team

• Men's Singles

• Tommy Sugiarto
    • Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    • Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka
    • Simon Santoso
    • Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo
    • Riyanto Subagja
    • Jonatan Christie
    • Ihsan Maulana Mustofa

• Men's Doubles

• Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan
    • Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro
    • Ricky Karanda Suwardi/Berry Angriawan
    • Wahyu Nayaka Arya Pankaryanira/Ade Yusuf Santoso
    • Markis Kido/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon

Uber Team:

• Women's Singles

• Linda Wenifanetri
    • Bellaetrix Manuputty
    • Aprilia Yuswandari
    • Hera Desi Ana Rachmawati
    • Maria Febe Kusumastuti
    • Hanna Ramadini
    • Firdasari

• Women's Doubles

• Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari
    • Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah/Suci Rizki Andini
    • Della Destiara Haris/Anggia Shitta Awanda
    • Pia Zebadiah Bernadet/Rizki Amelia Pradipta

source: http://badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/2664

2. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Thomas Cup and Uber Cup teams quarantined in Kudus

Tue, April 15 2014 19:22 | 437 Views

Semarang (ANTARA News) - Indonesia has put its badminton teams scheduled to participate in the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup championships in India, on May 18-25, on quarantine in Kudus, Central Java, for a special program.

Chairman of the Djarum Kudus Badminton Club Yoppy Rosimin remarked here on Tuesday that the mens and womens teams will be quarantined for 10 days during April 15-25, before conducting practice at Stritex Arena in Solo, also in Central Java, followed by an outing in Bogor early in May.

"We are always ready to welcome them and right now, I am also just waiting for the arrival of some players in Semarang before taking them to Kudus," he noted.

He stated that all the training programs will be carried out in quarantine, and the coaches will be appointed by the National Training Center. Djarum Kudus will be in charge of handling the facilities.

He clarified that 42 out of the 44 players will be put under quarantine in Kudus, including Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Dionisius Hayom Rumbaka, Muhammad Ahsan, Hendra Setiawan, Angga Pratama, Ryan Agung Saputra, Berry Anggriawan, Ricky Karanda Suwardi, Belaetrix Munuputi, Adrianti Firdasari, Maria Febe Kusumawati, Liliyana Natsir, and Greysia Polii.

"Simon Santoso is not part of the group that will arrive today. Perhaps, he will first return home after taking part in the Singapore Open," he reported.

In the recent Singapore Open 2014, Simon surprised everyone by beating world number one player, Lee Chong Wei from Malaysia, to become the champion.

According to the official website of the All Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI), while in quarantine, the players will undergo training at the Jati Kudus Sports Hall, which has 17 courts.

They will not only undergo common programs, but also special programs, in order to prepare themselves for the championships, including counseling by psychologists for ensuring their mental readiness.

PBSI General Chairman Gita Wirjawan is scheduled to give his directives during his visit to the quarantined players on Wednesday.

"The preparation for the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup group championships starts after the Singapore Open 2014. By being quarantined, it is hoped that the players will be more focused on their training programs and preparations for the events," Gita asserted.

"Quarantine, practice, and outing are all part of the programs that we have charted out in order to ensure that the participating teams will be well-prepared before leaving for New Delhi in mid-May," he added.

"The Thomas Cup and Uber Cup are among the PBSIs milestones for 2014. The championships are the most prestigious events, and PBSI will prepare its athletes in the best possible way by providing the necessary programs, nutrition, and training facilities," he stated.

3. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    From other news, it's reported that Tommy Sugiarto can not join the quarantine program in Kudus because he is still recovering from his injury so he has to stay in Jakarta. The doctors has estimated that Tommy will be fully recovered from his injury and eligible to playing at the end of April.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Lilyana Natsir playing WD in Uber Cup?

5. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

This is Indonesia's best chance to do a sneak attack a la Korea at Uber Cup2010

CIA-99 likes this.
  6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Please do tell the scenario that INA can steal 3 points vs. CHN in this year's Uber cup? CHN is the best in WS and WD not even Korea or JPN can steal a point this year. Whoever INA WS none can match CHN. INA 2 top WDs pairs Suci/Tiara and Greysia/Nitya still have a chance though if they pull a rubber set.

#6 indrg, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  7. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

I meant their mens team in e Thomas Cup

2 doubles + Simon in the 3rd singles

8. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    Not sure if Lin Dan played as CHN MS 3...

I think it's better to put Simon as MS 2 against CHN...
    So..

MS 1: Tommy vs Chen Long : 45-55 (Tommy is still injury?)
    MD 1: Hendra/Ahsan vs Liu/Qiu : 55-45
    MS 2 : Simon vs Zhengming/Pengyu : 52-28 (Hope Simon consistent)
    MD 2 : Angga/Rian vs ?? (If in best performance, i think Angga/Rian should win against Chai/Hong or Fu/Zhang or Cai/Lu or Cai/Fu??)
    MS 3 : Jonatan/Ihsan/Anthony vs Lin Dan

So, INA can steal point in MD 1, MS 2, MD 2..
    If CHN take the MD 1 or MS 2 or MD 2...hmm...mission impossible for Indonesia in MS 3...

If Hayom or Sony in MS 2, not sure they can take point against Pengyu or Zhengming (although the H2H Hayom is good against Pengyu)

#8 MelvIndonesia, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  9. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I wonder how many names can a country submit?
    I think Simon has good chance at no.2 ms because very likely Lin Dan will be at no.3, same as Korea having Lee Hyun Il at no. 3 ms

10. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    CMIIW

Woah? Lee Hyun Ill is still playing?

By the way i doubt Tommy will be in peak performance in Thomas Cup :(

11. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

10 only.
    Hmmm, if Simin plays no.2, then Indo need to nominate a player lower in WR than Simon to play at no. 3 ms.
    LHI still shows good results in the tournament that he played in. He is a very strong no 3 ms contender for Korea.

12. indrg

indrg Regular Member

If I guess right Rexy will make Simon, the 2nd MS in the lineup versus CHN. If Tommy is a no-go from the start, Sonny will go first. Rexy simply can't trust Hayom at this point though he has a good h2h versus Du Peng Yu.

13. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    If I was the Indonesian Coach, the line up against China would be:MS 1: Rumbaka VS Lin Dan (I know he cant win, but NO ONE on the Indonesian can)CHN 1 - INA 0Tommy VS Chen Long (Tommy has beaten Chen Long before in straight sets, the lucky money says he can do it again)CHN 1 - INA 1 - But Tommy NEEDS to win this match

14. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    If I was the Indonesian Coach, the line up against China would be:MS 1: Rumbaka VS Lin Dan - I know he cant win, but NO ONE on the Indonesian can (CHN 1 - INA 0)MS 2: Tommy VS Chen Long - Tommy has beaten Chen Long before in straight sets, he can do it again (CHN 1 - INA 1)MS 3: Simon VS Du Pengyu - Simon has beaten Du the last two times they met, including that Indonesia Super Series Premier Final. Also beat him in Singapore just last month. (CHN 1 - INA 2)If all goes by the plan up there ^^^ Indonesia's top doubles pair will beat any team CHN throws together. They are the world numbers ones and the current World and All England champions. (CHN 1 - INA 3)If Tommy loses to Chen Long and we are at CHN 2 - INA 2, then it comes down to the 2nd of the Men's doubles which be too close to call. Anyone's game XD

15. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

For INA fans,I heard rumor about MS CHN : MS1 Chen LongMS2 Du Peng YuMS3 Tian HouweiMS4 Lin Dan

16. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    [MENTION=58281]TheComedian[/MENTION] are you joking or what??You know the rules for thomas and uber cup competition?

17. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Honestly, I would rather INA field Marcus/Kido rather than Angga/Rian and place my bet on Kido having one last fire on his belly to grab Thomas Cup title and outperform expectation.

18. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This weekend PBSI will hold simulation games in Solo, Central Java.

Apparently (hopefully) Tommy is already fit, and he is going to play in the simulation. Meanwhile, the coaches prefer to play Ihsan Maulana rather than Jonatan Christie. It's a sign that Jonatan (and Riyanto Subagja as well) most likely will not be included in the main team?

Ahsan/Hendra and Rian/Angga will be separated in this simulation. Ahsan to partner Angga, and Hendra to partner Rian. As for Hendra/Rian, if I'm not mistaken, they have played together as a pair in last year Sudirman Cup against China, so this will not be the first time for them.

Here it is the line-up:

Thomas Cup

Team A vs Team B:
    Tommy Sugiarto vs Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo
    Markis Kido/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon vs Mohammad Ahsan/Angga Pratama
    Ihsan Maulana Mustofa vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    Hendra Setiawan/Rian Agung Saputro vs Berry Angriawan/Ricky Karanda Suwardi
    Simon Santoso vs Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka

Uber Cup

Team A vs Team B:
    Bellaetrix Manuputty vs Linda Wenifaneri
    Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari vs Della Destiara Haris/Anggia Shitta Awanda
    Hanna Ramadini vs Aprilia Yuswandari
    Pia Zebadiah Bernadet/Rizki Amelia Pradipta vs Suci Rizki Andini/Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah
    Adriyanti Firdasari vs Maria Febe Kusumastuti

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Thomas Cup simulation result:Team A will win.Uber Cup simulation result:Team A will win also.-Indra

20. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This is the Thomas-Uber Cup simulation result:

Uber Cup - Team A vs Team B 2-3

Bellaetrix Manuputty vs Linda Wenifanetri 21-19, 21-19
    Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari vs Anggia Shitta Awanda 22-20, 16-21,15-21
    Hanna Ramadini vs Aprilia Yuswandari 21-18, 15-21, 12-21
    Pia Zebadiah Bernadet/Rizki Amelia Pradipta vs Suci Rizki Andini/Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah 21-13, 21-17
    Adriyanti Firdasari vs Maria Febe Kusumastuti 21-15, 19-21, 14-21

Thomas Cup - Team A vs Team B 4-1

Tommy Sugiarto vs Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo 18-21, 21-12, 21-14
    Markis Kido/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon vs Mohammad Ahsan/Angga Pratama 21-13, 16-21, 13-21
    Ihsan Maulana Mustofa vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro 21-19, 21-18
    Hendra Setiawan/Rian Agung Saputro vs Berry Angriawan/Ricky Karanda Suwardi 21-14, 19-21, 21-19
    Simon Santoso vs Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka 21-15, 21-18

--

It's nice having Tommy back. Hope he will be fully recovered soon.

In my opinion, the most surprising result of the day was that Ihsan won over Sony in straight sets. If a junior player would be selected, it should be him I think. However, in a event like Thomas Cup, I'm not sure if the coaches would choose a junior player. But, it will be very useful if the coaches have a strategy to put Simon Santoso as MS2 in some matches.

As for men's doubles sector, definitely Ahsan/Hendra and Rian/Angga would be selected. And as for the third pair, I have a feeling that the coaches prefer Ricky/Berry rather than Markis Kido/Markus Fernaldi. Or perhaps Kido still would be selected because of his experience, but not with Markus Fernaldi. Let's see.

#20 otidh, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014