2014 BWF WORLD Junior Championships (Alor Setar, 7th-18th April 2014)

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 27, 2014.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Back to INA players, it's really surprising to see the BD and XD pairs still surviving till now even though I "complained" that this year's batch is easily the weakest INA has, compared to those we had in the last few years.

I don't mean to discredit Rian/Clinton and Rian/Rosyita really, but I still think they are still inferior to Kevin/Masita (WJC 2013 runner-up), Edi/Arya (AJC 2012 champion), Edi/Melati (WJC 2012 champion), and Alfian/Gloria (WJC 2011 champion).

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Forgive me, but I simply have to LOL at this comment. I hope you are not offended and blurt out comments like this "What's so funny that you've to laugh out loud ?" :p

#282 badMania, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You don't laugh out loud at somebody who exercises his right to freedom of expression properly. Using one forumer's post expressed as a valid point to ridicule another poster's fair comment is downright rude, uncalled-for. That's why I take umbrage, not at the comment per se but at the attitude or intention. I'm surprised and disappointed you didn't realize that, and still continue to justify it. I'd have thought you knew better.

By the way, excuses or not aside, win or loss aside, the fact that the four-matches-per-day thing has been going on for years does not make it right or good.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, you should be aware that I didn't take offence nor disagree with your relevant post to which I responded by saying 'point taken'.

Apparently, you didn't understand what really irked me and still go on and on about comparing the players' time taken, the supposed praises for their victories and the (uncertain) excuses proffered for their losses. I credit you with more intelligence than that.

5. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    hahaha
    for your pleasure, sir ! :p

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Incidentally, and this is a separate issue, talking about the Huang KX/Zheng SW vs Kim Jae Hwan/Kim Ho Jung's match, I found out that the KOR Kim Jae Hwan actually played three matches yesterday, two in MD and one in XD, and today(QF) he only played one MD. If any comparison is to be made, this is the correct one, not apples and oranges (as their opponents weren't the same).

Even so, RedShuttle's point as it stands is in itself valid : " Four matches on the same day is not the best preparation for the next day. That is just a simple fact. Some people can deal with (it) better than others, that's also a simple fact."

7. sen

sen Regular Member

Well, the coaches/managers should know their players. And all managers should know the timetables. If they know the limitation of the players, then they don't need to make them play both disciplines.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

An extra day for the competition means higher cost in organizing the tournament.

Separating the team event with the individual competition also means higher cost for everyone, including extra airfares for all players.

I personally prefer to watch any WJC than grand prix event but I think TV people see that there is less interest so WJC is not on TV. That means less revenue.

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

whoever wins was a win, loses was a loss.

it is only the organizer to blame, for any players to play 3-4 matches a day is definitely not good. it is not like having consideration not respect to the players, just like finishing a job relentlessly and recklessly.
    this sport is going to die having organization treating players, esp young players like this.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It seems like some discussion is going on here.. Atleast for god's sake, accept the loss just because the opponents have played better on that particular day.. Giving dumb excuses like these never gonna improve the quality of the player.. Simple query.. If you wanna excel in MD, then focus on that category alone.. Why do you wanna participate in all categories and blaming the organisers..??? These seems like whenever a chinese player loses, that's because over scheduling of the matches but when they won a match, that's purely because of their supremacy ?? !!.. In what way??..

#290 scorpion1, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Likewise for BadMania's, uh, confusion:
    Hey, my first post in.... months? Yeay! :crying:

12. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Glad you're exercising your right to make overarching generalizations with no justification whatsoever.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Like if you're exercising your right here by calling chinese player's loss as "overscheduling effects" ...!!!:D

14. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    heh, I hadn't been saying anything prior to this. Glad to know that reading usernames is somewhat difficult though.

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Get off the troll-train, folks :p

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This is not to fuel the fire that's been going on here, but on an objective note, any junior player who whines about playing 4 matches in a day for once in a month or longer, isn't going to make the cut to the professional level.

Juniors have a lot more energy and resilience, and are able to recover quicker. A lot of junior players from many countries play more than one discipline. If their national associations are willing to take the risk just to prepare the player for harder times ahead, they probably know more about it than we do; after all, they've been doing this for decades.

Shall we all move on? Please? :)

17. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love Drama...!!!
    Korean Drama...
    Japanese Drama...
    Taiwanese Drama....
    and also....
    Badmintoncentral Drama...

Keep it going please!!! :D:D:rolleyes:

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Drama is fine.

A dramatic plot is great.
    A dramatic event is fantastic.
    A dramatic storyline is a bestseller.

But when the characters themselves become the drama, it usually ends in tragedy :p

19. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    Rian/Clinton took 1st game. 21-15.
    Currently leadng 9-8 in 2nd game after trailing 3-7.

20. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    Suddenly the Japanese boys led 11-10 in the interval.
    C'mon Rian/Clinton! =)