Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What you heard doesn't sound implausible. With such depth of talents, theoretically speaking, it could be true to some extent. But, on the other hand, many of CHN's national coaches are not old, still quite fit and haven't lost touch with their skills, so they could personally guide and spar with their charges on how to deal with certain troublesome opponents.

As for these sparring partners, if they do their job very well simulating the foreign players like Lee CW, for example, I'm sure the exceptional ones will get a chance to be inducted into the national team one day. Whatever, I shan't speculate too much.

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi fans : I heard that although China team is sponsor by Li ning, but strings they are using BG 65 and BG 80, how true is this ? Any of you heard of this news?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Most of the time - actually I don't recall seeing any exception - when I watch CHN players on TV, I see them using Li-Ning's strings, not Yonex whether it's BG65 or BG80. The Li-Ning logo on the strings is pretty obvious. Perhaps somebody knows something that we don't ?

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Haha, I don't think you can go by the logo. The logo is for the sponsor. No money, no logo.

In one story, a stringer for the Chinese was being coy about what string they use. So it may well be Yonex string.

On the other hand, the pros string their rackets so tight, the string plays far less a role than it does for amateurs. So it may just be a habit rather than anything else.

6. RedShuttle

What happened to the Lin Dan thread? Is Lin Dan banned on BC?

Meanwhile, Lin Dan and Li YongBo were guests on the March 14th episode of the TV show "Super Brain" (sorry, no translation):

[video=youtube;b1ifZmYm2f0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ifZmYm2f0[/video]

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because the comment in the thread is too spicy i guess?

8. RedShuttle

LCW probably shouldn't worry about the wildcard. LD has been busy.

595419dfjw1eehh60cy3oj20at0dbq43.jpg
    595419dfjw1eehh6pf7doj218g0xcajw.jpg

PS: the sign says Lin Dan Store

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ^ I'd love to know if the tips outrank the till... ;) :D

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I watched that one on Jiangsu Satellite TV where both Lin Dan and Li Yongbo were among the VIP guests; in fact, LYB is a regular at the show 'SuperBrain' and LD was specially invited to appear for the 14th episode which pitted China against Italy, won by China 3-1. Lin Dan also presented his autographed kit bags to the two youngest 12-yr-old contestants each, one from China and the other from Italy.

Precisely, with Lin Dan busy and distracted by so many commercial and outside activities, in addition to his top priority being his family, I really don't expect very much from his comeback. Somehow, I feel that Lin Dan made a mistake not continuing his comeback after winning the last WC and instead taking another 8-month break from active competition. IMHO, I think he'll require another 9 months to a year to get back to anywhere near his top form. Should he be granted another wild card entry to this WC'14, I wouldn't rate his chances higher than Chen Long and Lee CW in that order.

Right, what's wrong with the Lin Dan thread, not able to post anything ?

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LD has to go out and earn money for CBA. If I remember correctly, LD made more than RMB40 million last year, and CBA gets a big percentage of that.

12. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    From What i see, lin dan has already outstretch and more famous than legends Yang Yang and zhao jian hua !

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My understanding is that, of the prize money won, 50% goes to CBA with the player keeping half, whilst for commercial activities (advertisements, product endorsements,etc), 50% of the earnings goes to the State (as tax), CBA gets nothing. I got this from a Chinese article you once posted somewhere. Perhaps for the advertisements that are arranged by or through CBA for the players, then a certain percentage of the earnings is taken by CBA,I supposed, as that is only fair.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I remember the article. But I thought the 50% goes to CBA.

maybe I misunderstood the meaning of "State".

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And I guess the reason why sometimes advertisers prefer to deal with CBA than direct with the players is because they want to ensure the players are granted permission and time-off to shoot the commercials. For Lin Dan's case, when he was/is on long leave, he has all the time in the world to shoot commercials with anyone,anywhere and anytime, I think.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's actually a reflection of the times we live in- instant and pervasive communications, technology, repetitive exposure... if ZJH were to co-exist in the same generation and times as LD, he'd probably have made for a more interesting and lively icon and legend, IMO.

17. RedShuttle

If you open that dangerous floodgate called "if", you don't even have to touch things like the internet. Only if ZJH's medical problem were handled better, he would have left a much bigger mark in the history of badminton.

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I believe Zhao Jian hua did not have enough rest that he needed to , for Lin dan he get to skip tournaments as tough he like it, eg Singapore Li ning open , a few times he skip it !

19. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I don't think LD needs to spend much time to prepare for this show. Wow, but it's the first time I watched this show. All the contestants are super genius.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Indeed these talents enjoy their prime in different periods of badminton history.

But maybe Yang Yang's experience has been more varied and challenging since he was not only the top player in his time but he became a successful coach, albeit for a relatively short time and a business entrepreneur.