Yonex Nanoray 750

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Licin, Feb 27, 2013.

1. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

Gonna try this out tomorrow,

what should one expect with this head light racquet?

Coming from V80, Zspd, XP-70 (head heavy-ish user)

2. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    I would love it if you did a review of it and posted it here =D. Especially on the shaft's stiffness compared to the z speed.

3. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    Managed to get my hands on this while visiting Osaka 2 weeks back.

Going to try it out hopefully by this Fri :) Previously was using Ti-10 but after stopping badminton for so many yrs, my wrist is really too weak now so Ti-10 feels like a bit too heavy for me in doubles.

Hopefully 750 will suits me :)

4. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    So I just got the 750 for Bday present. Have not tested yet but just by holding it it feels balanced without added grip to headlight with grip.

Has a BP of 287-289 without added grip but with strings on and around 278 bp with both. Flex seems mid to mid stiff when I do my bend test. Feels really nice to handle and light being a 3U even with my apacs 9900 being a 4U the NR750 feels easier to move and faster swinging in the air.

Tommorow i hope to do a quick test on court to see how it plays =D

5. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Guys, since we are on this topic, in comparison between NR750 to NR300 as well as NR700FRP/FX to NR300, it seems to me that NR300 is much more value for money based on Yonex's chart(http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton-racquet-matrix/).

Likewise between NR750 and NR300, for a slight fall in terms of head lightness, NR300 is at least $100 cheaper than NR750

6. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Personally I think if your already buying a yonex racket your already throwing the concept of value for the money out the window lol.

Have never tried the nanoray 300 though so I`d have zero clue.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have both 700s and 300, let me tell you that they are totally different. the 700s are much lighter like the ns9900 with a fairly stiff shaft. the 300 is actually more even balance and heavier with a flexible shaft like that of an arczslash. also, the head frame is different as well. the 700s have isometric heads while the 300 has a smaller iso head frame like that of the zslash as well. totally different type of swinging. i whip my rackets, so the 300 is perfect for me, but even after 6mo of using it, i can't seem to get a faster reaction time playing doubles with it..so i use my 800 instead.

8. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Wow, I was right about to get a NR300 as an upgrade racket from my current Cab21 Special. Need a lighter racket and going by that chart, 300 seems pretty good for the price.

9. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Actually, I'm pretty concerned about whether I should go for the Nanoray series or Voltric... I can't quite tell whether my current racket Cab 21 Special is considered stiff shaft, head heavy and stuff like that. At least according to the chart, its smack in the middle of nowhere

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    both nanorays and voltrics series should have rackets that would suit your needs, you just gotta try them out if you can.

voltric 70 is a wonderful racket for doubles as well as nanoray 700s, 800 is nice if you don't mind the stiff shaft :)

11. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Tried out a friend's Arc9FL and I really like the speed of it but it does lack some raw power from the back court. I'm thinking of getting a NR700FX or NR750 for that similar speed & control but with a tad more power. The NR800 would probably be too stiff (compared to the Arc9FL).

Can anyone comment on this? Which of the NR700FX and NR750 has the more flexible shaft?

12. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Well I don't own the 700fx but the way I would describe the 750 would be that it has a slightly more flexible stiff shaft and it seemed normal to me power wise without "lacking" power. The balance point without adding grip was 288-290 and with added grip it was 274. It was a 3U G4. Overall a solid "can do everything" racket.

13. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Agree with magicmeatbag. I play with a 3UG5, BG66 ultimax at 25lbs. NR750 is an excellent all rounder that isn't as taxing as the ARC10. Decent power is how I would describe my impression with the smashes that I can generate with it.
    The important thing for me is it consistently allow me to smash at a rather deep angle.
    Hold and flick technique is easy to execute with the NR750 and so is any deception shots I've tried.
    This racket is also one of the easiest racket to do a out of position clear (shuttle way passed my head).
    My only gripe with this racket is that I perform net shots better with a head heavier racket. I'm still in the process of finding the right touch for net shots.
    NR750 has been my goto racket for doubles for the past 3 months.

14. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    I'd go with the 750. I used the 700fx for about a year. While it is a good fast racket, it lacks a bit in power. Clearing from the back court took more effort even when you weren't out of position. The 750 on the other hand has just enough weight in the head to hit power shots easily but isn't a head heavy racket.

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Having played with my new NR750 over 2 sessions now, I'm kind of understanding the racket now. I have mine strung with ZM65 @ 24.5lbs.

First of all, it feels extremely head light. Therefore this translates to quite a severe lack of power. I'm not a natural hard hitter but I don't usually have problems clearing baseline to baseline with my other rackets but with the NR750, I struggle. Even compared to the Arc9FL, the NR750 for me is weak in the power department.

Block defence is good due the the extremely light head, I feel like I can place the shuttle better and the swiftness of the racket aids in defending smashes and even net kills. But if I'm struggling to even clear baseline to baseline with the racket, I feel like it's just not for me.

I'll give it another go tomorrow and maybe even cut my strings and try a lower tension.

16. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    I have to say that way you swing is not suitable for NR750. ARc9FL is powerful racket also.
    Both are medium stiffness. I suggest you avoid all NS and NR line and try 3U, head heavy
    VT line.

17. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I can't seem to find any comprehensive reviews for this racket so I'll have to ask. Is the stiffness of this racket really mid-flex?

If you look at the Yonex racket matrix, both the ArcSaber FB and the NR750 are in the bottom of the chart, but on opposite side of the x-axis. I am currently using the 5U Arc FB. How will either the 4U or 3U NR750 perform relative to the ArcFB?

What's the consensus right now regarding the 3U and 4U version of this racket?

18. Sgt_Strider

Are you using 3U or 4U NR750?

I'm getting the impression that you might be prepared to dump this racket. Before you do, can you try re-stringing it at 22lbs? I'm making that suggestion since you're thinking of going with a lower tension. I think this might give you a slight improvement. I doubt it'll be dramatic, but it may be noticeable.

What's your opinion on the stiffness of the shaft? Which Victor or Yonex racket would have similar stiffness as the NR750?

19. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    To me the racket feels on the lower end of the stiff spectrum rather than mid stiff. As for 4U or 3U, I prefer using my 3U because the extra weight adds a lot more power without losing discernable speed. I would compare the 4U to my Arc FB because they both feel very similar power wise and they way you have to play with them.

Sgt_Strider, how does the 5U FB feel? I'm thinking of getting the 5U to see if it is better than the 6U that I have. Overall it's a great racket, but lacking in power. Have you played with both for a comparison?

20. Sgt_Strider

If your 4U NR750 is similar to the F FB, then in your opinion, what's the difference between the two?

The 5U FB is definitely the better of the two rackets. I wouldn't recommend the F to anyone, but a girl. The problem is that I am playing a lot of mix doubles lately. When I do play men's doubles, I don't spend as much time in the front and mid-court areas, which is where this racket shines. I don't know if my game is changing or not, but I'm looking for a racket that provides me with more power so that I can smash harder from the back court. I thought a 3U NR750 might be the racket, but I could be wrong. That's why I'm trying to get as many opinion as I can.