Victor 72/76/80 holes stringing pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 6, 2011.

1. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

These guys are pros.. I'm not even an intermediate level yet :p

2. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

I'm a little confused now, I came across the same problem last night following the pattern above with my MX80, it just doesn't match the placement of grommets shown in the new pattern linked above.

I ended up having to use big loops back to B6 to tie of the mains (ugly!), does anyone have a workable 2 piece pattern they can share for stringing the original 80 hole rackets? Otherwise it's back to the old fiddly 1 piece pattern for me.

(Can anyone confirm the new 80 hole rackets from Victor use a different layout that would match the new pattern? I'm looking at you MX90 people ;) )

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Look at the first post in this thread, it is the real 1 piece pattern for the MX80. To make it a 2 piece, just do like you'd do for any other racket and when you reach the last main, don't tie it right away. You'll want to preweave the first 2 crosses and then tie your mains in B10/D10. As a result, you'll have 3 strings going through that grommet, but it is not a problem.

Then, just do your crosses as you'd do with any other racket.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Try mine -tie the mains off at B8, then you can use B6 for the lower cross knot.

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Didn't you tie your mains at B10 on that photo ?

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yes, sorry - I was lapsing into the old Yonex nomenclature:)

Tie the mains off at the nearest shared hole, whichever that is.

7. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

Thanks both, I'll give this a try on the other MX80 see how i get on.

Which just leaves the question on if the latest Victor 80 rackets have rearranged the grommets to fit the new pattern.

Anyone out there restrung an MX90 able to confirm?

8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Has anyone done an old vs new method comparison? I've not done both with same string/tension so cannot comment.

9. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I feel no difference except for the extra top cross that helps improve durability.

10. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    For the 2PTD 80 hole victor pattern, should one adjust the lengths of the strings in any way?

I have done a couple of rackets with 5.5m for mains and 4.5 (with some slack) for crosses but for 72 holes so far.

Not done a 80 hole victor before. Would more holes require more string? Should the lengths stay the same or mains slightly longer?

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You can keep your lengths for mains and cross. I use 5,5 for mains and 4,5 for cross, too. You don't need more string. You will have more non-shared holes on a 80holes frame.

12. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Just found this thread, and was looking into the Victor string patterns for the 72 holes on the BS LYD..

I really cant seem to find my way around the picture, is it just me or isnt there something wrong with the mains? The sides of them doesnt add up in my head..

the official one is here http://www.victor-international.com/documents/pattern_72.pdf

I have been using the Yonex string pattern for ages (2-3000 string jobs) and have not had a single problem with them, is there any reason to change that? It seems fine so far on the Victor rackets in my eyes..

Should i change? Or should i use something else? I string my rackets quite hard (30-32lbs) and would like to have the best string pattern so that i dont break anything, over the years i dont think i have killed more than 4-5 rackets while placed in the machine, most of them might just be manufacturing faults.

13. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

Anyone has any idea on where to find the haribito professional stringing pattern for Victor 80 holes?

14. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

What difference do these pattern make?

15. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

what are the differences between 72/76/80 holes rackets?

16. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    more holes = less shared holes, and more evenly distributed strings (the spacing is more consistent throughout).

17. LAURENCE ENG

LAURENCE ENG New Member

Hi, I definitely have a lot of trouble with the 76 hole pattern for JETSPEED S 10. The picture looks like there will be a main from C6 to C7 to D7. However C6 and C7 are so close together that I almost want to just skip C7 and weave through C8. I just wonder if any one could give me some idea should I weave C7 or C8? Thanks.

https://www.victor-international.com/documents/pattern_76.pdf

#77 LAURENCE ENG, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  18. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

That 76-hole pattern is not suit for JS-10 and you should weave C8.

BTW, the patterns from Victor Taiwan are different from the PDF: http://www.victorsport.com.tw/badmintonaz/11348

72-hole: http://www.victorsport.com.tw/files/zh_tw/upload/images/圖片2.jpg
    76-hole: http://www.victorsport.com.tw/files/zh_tw/upload/images/圖片3(1).png

LAURENCE ENG likes this.
  19. LAURENCE ENG

LAURENCE ENG New Member

Thank you very much for your information. The patterns from Victor Taiwan worked better than the one from Victor International. Although I had a little bit trouble at the end and almost forgot to skip C7 when weave through C11. I was able to fix that before I finished tying the knot. Thank you very much.

20. Alex Meldrum

Alex Meldrum New Member

I'm fairly new to stringing - only done about 100 rackets or so but I am a bit stumped by the stringing pattern for a 76 hole Victor Nanospeed X900. The victor website shows the pattern at https://www.victor-international.com/documents/pattern_76.pdf
    My confusion is over the start of the crosses - it says start at D8 and go to B8 but then says tie off at D9. Firstly does that not mean I will have 3 strings going through that grommet? (mains D9-D12; cross D9-D10 and the start of the crosses coming from D8). I've never seen 3 strings though a single grommet before and not sure it is right.
    Also how do I tension this (I use flying clamps) - do I weave D8-B8 and B9-D9 - clamp close to D8, pull 8, clamp at B8, pull 9, clamp next to D9 then tie off the start of the crosses.
    Lastly if I am putting the third string through the grommet to tie of the crosses start I assume I only tie off around the main and not both the main and cross at the same time?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    note previous stringer did this racket one piece and didnt follow any Victor pattern i have found!

#80 Alex Meldrum, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017