Victor Meteor X90 ( MX90 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Paski

Paski New Member

Hi, Ok I finally managed to play four games of doubles with the MX 90. I am going to keep this brief. I am a Bravesword 12N 3U user. So my opinion will probably reflect this. It feels lighter than the other Meteor rackets that I have tried, MX60 and JJS , I don't think it is as head heavy as these two or maybe it is the thinner shaft. The result is that it is very fast handling almost like a bravesword 12 , which was indeed a pleasant surprise . It is stiffer than the Bravesword 12 which was ultimately why I am going to stick with the Bravesword 12N. After four games I could feel the tiredness of my arms and as a result could not get the best out of the racket ,and had to switched back to the 12N for the 5th and 6th game . Regardless I believe this is a very good doubles racket for someone with good technique and muscle strength.I would rate it better than any other Meteor racket including JJS for " Doubles ".

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    My review has gone live.

I'll be honest i know there are diffierences in feel between JJS and MX90 but I can't figure out what they are.

Ferrerkiko, I'm not sure how you purchsed a MX80 from my words as I haven't reviewed it. I don't want the pressure of my reviews being responsible for people buying without trying but I appreciate that for some players this is the best available.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Thanks for the review Paul :)

4. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Thank you Paul.
    I hope that Victor Germany will sell this racket soon :D

5. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    TY for the review paul :)

But one quick question. How is the racket with dealing with shock? It is damped like yonex?

6. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

It should be nothing like a Yonex, taking into account the other Meteors.

7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I have never felt vibration from a Victor racket so I'm puzzled by your question.

Victor Europe will have the MX90 in their catalogue from Marhc. Stocks are due in February.

Paul

8. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Hi Paul, I have not used a Victor racket before but am considering the MX90. People seem to suggest that the Victor stiffness chart is different from that of Yonex. From your experience with both Yonex and Victor, could you provide a comparison between the two?

I.e. Is a Yonex Extra-stiff shaft roughly equivalent to a Victor 4/5?

Note. I played with a MP99 which is extra-stiff by Yonex standards, but prefer something a bit stiffer.

9. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    Then consider my question a noob one then lol. Just got back into badminton after a 5 year break and the racket I've been using is a ten year old yonex MP100.

Only victor racket I've ever tried is a brave sword 10 for a couple rallies and my biggest concern with getting a new racket is the whether or not it's hard on the shoulder when I hit the shuttle with a good amount of force. I've slowly going through the yonex lineup and one thing I've noticed with their rackets is that they have quite a dampened feel. Most seem to complain about it but I loved the Z force when I tried it as I was able to really smash the crap out of the shuttle without it feeling hard on my shoulder.

My old MP100 for some reason was really hard on my shoulder when it contacts the shuttle with power smashes. Same thing happens with my Apacs nano 9900. It just feels like the shock from hitting the shuttle just travels straight to my shoulder. So I was just generally wondering how the MX90 was in that regard if that makes sense at all. But if not just ignore the question lol.

10. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

good review!

but i had the impression that you were almost holding back in calling it "a repainted jjs with a thinner shaft". not saying there's anything wrong with that knowing that the jjs is a great racket.

would you be able to differentiate between the jjs and the mx90 in a blind test?

add: victor's known for having a wide variation within racket model, i wouldn't be surprised if people will have varying opinions on which is head heavier and stiffer.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Paul : Maybe I had read too many of your review, misread it , sorry for the misunderstandings!

12. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Victor is known for having wide variation within racket model?? Huh?

Victor specs are actually pretty good. Heck, you can even ask RKEP Eric for a specific weight and he'll send you one at that weight. When I was playing with the MX80, I had two and they differed by 1g and had identical balance points.

We all know the issues Victor has with changing specs depending on region, and the limitations of their ººººº rating system, but you can't question their tolerances or specifications.

13. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

well that's it.. one would expect that a the racket would be the same regardless of the distribution code.

one would expect a KR coded MX-90 to be identical to a TW coded MX-90.. How else could one fully guarantee the accuracy of Paul's comparison vs the JJS if the MX-90 he tried is not the same as the MX-90's other people will be buying?

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Everything is taylored for specific markets. Cars are a good example. The specs are wildly different from country-to-country.

It's well known that different markets have different specs. It's not generally different from code to code, but from region to region. The European Victors are heaps different to the Asian ones to the point probably half of the models are only sold in Europe, such as the Lightfighters and Super Inside Wave models.

Some companies just use the older model of distribution which gives regional distributors a great deal of autonomy over which products they stock based on their local knowledge. It's actually a fairly recent phenomenon where international companies dictate on a global scale what the distributors can or cannot sell, and in Asia relationships are more important than homogeneity or a subservient distribution chain, so regional variances are to be expected.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

This is supposed to be an example in favor of Victor specs? :D

That you need to go to a specific seller to get the same specs? How can an 89gr. 4U racket be called on spec?? It is not that hard to find two rackets with identical balance points and near identical weight from a batch of a couple dozen ...
    The changes depending on region are vastly overexaggerated; the only odd one out has been the TW market, cmiiw ...

#315 demolidor, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Bakulaw

If I did a blind test then I could tell the difference because there's something in the way each feels on the shot and that's the tricky part to grasp.

Yes there are different specs based on zones but without travelling the globe and testing elsewhere I really can't say how much variance there is.

Paul

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Wait, who has a dry 89g 4U?

I don't really see what the problem is. I've had....um.....12 or so Victors and I haven't had a single dud. The specs are what they say they are, I order from Eric and get exactly what I want....where's the issue?

Their specification system is rubbish, but it's no worse than any of the other majors. DC of course does a much better job and there's still innovation to be had in that regard, but let's not drag Victor through the dirt unnecessarily :D

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Come on Paul, break out some adjectives! Some of us need to give ourselves a Christmas present ;)

19. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Maklike

I wish I could. Seriously, I even contacted Mark again and we're both stuck for words! Perhaps the graphene in JJS makes a difference, I really don't know. This has really perplexed both me and Mark and no matter how hard we try the best we can say is "erm?"

All I can say is that I didn't want to give the racket back even with my TK6000 in the bag.

I'm hoping you buy one and then tell me what that ??? is.

Paul

20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Looks like it's down to me then, if I buy a MX90 will someone please contribute to the cost of my divorce please?