2013 Victor KOREA Open GP Gold - Qualification to FINAL (5th-10th November 2013)

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2013' started by CLELY, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    And another one...that looked like it could have been out from Bae from 19 to 20.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Game over, a good performance by HBJ nonetheless. Next week Tuesday we'll see her at the CHN Open, her 3rd back-to-back tournament.

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    HBJ's game is better than her compatriot JYJ. It's not surprise to me that she has beaten her experienced compatriot. She has all the varieties in her game. Today she has got one game against BYJ which shows her control over the game. Still needs some maturity in her strokes which i think will come with age . Overall good match.

Note: some line calls i didn't like it which have gone against HBJ. BWF need to take a note of it and take suitable arrangements to bring the game much better .

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the hawk eye will be implied on SSMF this december;)

5. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Thanks to Kikibara I am able to see both THW and HBJ play. Both did quite well. HBJ is a bit overweight for her height.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It's all korea - korea matches from now on. Its not gonna be an interesting one.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Interestingly both He BJ and Akane Y have similar builds, short (relatively speaking), compact and somewhat stocky.

He BJ should not only improve on her accuracy, her smashes too got to be sharper.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tian HW is a thinking, analytical player. I sensed him trying to adjust his game, esp in G2, good court sense. I won't be surprised he learns to deal with Lee HI better the next time they meet.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's hard for foreign players to win KOR GP Gold as home shuttlers are too strong :D

10. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    At least it is not all Chinese.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ofcourse. Will you sit and watch the remaining matches which involves 2 same countries as opponents?? .

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think the MS Lee HI vs Hong Ji Hoon and the WS Sung JH vs Bae YJ should be worth watching for badminton fans, I will.

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

It's hard for foreign players to win KOR GP Gold as home linesmen are too strong :D

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I heard not only the linesman is strong, the umpire and service judge too

i think it's possible to ask any Korean spectators from the stand and give lin dance a thrwshing

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Somethings people just can't get enough, such as getting richer and younger. As is, HBJ already has all the tools to contend with second tier players like BYJ.

What she needs to elevate her game is the ability to manage the game better. By that, I mean things such as recognizing key points and playing them hard, not giving away easy points, not letting opponent have big runs (running away or catching up), etc. In order words, becoming a more matured player in areas other than power and techniques.

Using this match as an example, BYJ did no better than HBJ in most technical areas. But as a veteran, BYJ knew how to get her points and not squander them away easily, especially during key stretches of the match. That helped BYJ to a win.

16. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

I saw both He and Yamaguchi play at last week's WJC in Bangkok. Although both are "stocky," He is not that short, Yamaguchi is short, probably around 5 ft. tall with huge legs for her size. It's easy to see where she gets her power.

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Been told that Jung Jae Sung, Ha Tae Kwon, Kim Ha Kyun, Lee Dong soo are just some of them who become umps and linesmen during this Koea GPG...been told that most of linesmen are players either from clubs or others....Ha Tae Kwon was also umpire last year and almost got into argument with one of INA coaches about lone calls.

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Can't wait to see Taufik, BCL, Pter Gade, LD,Huang Hua, Wong Choong Han, GAO ling become umps or even linesmen...that will be fun...hehehe

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The ongoing MD turns out to be an interesting affair.

Lee2 performed so well in G1 that I thought it will be all over soon. But Ko/Shin surprised by leading most of the way in G2 and took it back to force a rubber.

Now Lee2 are fighting very hard to regain their dominance and they are leading 14-11 in the rubber. The exchanges were fast and furious and I always like the partnership of Lee2 and hope they will win the title.

BTW, the Korean coaches are setting a standard here with their jacket and tie attire. The line judges also look rather smart in the Victor long sleeve jackets.

There was a wrong line call on Ko/Shin in G2, but they accepted the decision.

#99 Loh, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It's turned out to be a rather tight affair.

Both teams tied at 19-all when Ko/Shin won another point to lead 20-19 but Kim2 never gave up to make it deuce and then led 21-20 with another smash.

However Kim2 made a net error to level the score 21-all. Shin then hit out and the initiative went back to Kim2. The taller Shin then won back a point with a hard smash 22-22. A backhand mistake by Kim2 at the forecourt gave the point back to Ko/Shin before Kim2 took it back 23-all.

A long and exciting net-and-smash rally finally gave Kim2 the point 24-23 and another mistake from Ko/Shin ended their agony.

Kim SR was so happy that he threw his racket to the appreciative crowd for retaining the title.

Sorry for the typo mistake. Lee2 should be Kim2. It was a thriller between these two Korean teams even when LYD and Yoo were not in the picture.

#100 Loh, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013