2013 CHINA Open SS Premier Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2013' started by CLELY, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

many ppls here could only do the easiest and responsibility-free thing but without sensible logic: conspiracy, conspiracy and conspiracy....

it's good that we still have ppl (though not that many) being sensible and logical...

2. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yeah. This conspiracy theory discussion is already too much. CHN has relatively more quality players compared to any country, hence when it is held in CHN, of course there will be many CHN participated.
    Then there you go with drawing which more on probability of statistic discussion.

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Korean players have always performed well in China Open. We'll see what happens this year with Lee/Yoo new combination. Can they do it again?

4. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    is my comment destructive?
    what's wrong with my question?
    what is wrong about math student asking about randomness?I think I have the right to ask such a question. when I decide to ask that question, I know some of people here have the capability to answer such question.

5. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    T.T Gws Ahsan! Hopefully you could heal prior to the SS final!

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

so what wrong with my question? why so defensive? i think i also have the right to ask my question...
    :D

btw, i don't think there is anyone really could answer your question which is so general, they at most could only explain to you that "don't worry, your question is not a question..." :D

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I read somewhere that Victor will sponsor China Open this year.

Is Li Ning exiting from the badminton market?

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    read somewhere about economy and company where lining isnt doing well in china.

9. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Some fun draws, already from the Qualifier. Could be a Shon Wan Ho-Huan Gao in one of the "finals" and Kazumasa Sakai plays Song Xue in the first match...Many of the Korean players, as well as Song Xue and Tian Houwei could be a bit tired after KGP but they get at least 2 days rest most of them.

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I haven't found any draw conspiracy in China open, but I did find some in Korea Grand Prix Gold.

In Men's singles qualification rounds, there are 32 spots with 17 players, some players don't have to play any to advance to the main draw, most players have to win 1 match to advance to the main draw, but both Chinese players have to win 2 matches to advance to the main draw.

Is this designed that way on purpose? I think so, according to pure statistics, the possibility for 1 Chinese is only 1/32. and the possibility for 2 Chinese (the only two), is about (1/32)*(1/31) = 0.1%. It's beyond the 3 standard deviation range! It's defined as impossible statistically.

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Wouldn/t surprise me with Korea's history,

12. event

event Regular Member

That is an absurd connection to make. 'Korea's history' consists of some atrocious line judging and dubious claims of bias in selection of service judges, etc. Since the draws are conducted in KL, by the BWF, with Koreans a minority if any are in attendance at all, then to presume there is any connection is a laughable leap.

13. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    let's just enjoy the game....peace....:)

14. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    Statistically-speaking, any probability greater than 0 is statistically possible, including 0.1% probability or above 3 std dev range. Thus, unless one can prove this fishy smell is truly fishy, we could barely argue here.

15. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Aren't the odds more like 1/17 seeing as there is only 17 players to chose from for the rounds, or 1/16 as there is 1 seed that might have advance to the next one automatically. Might have counted it wrong. Also, if the thing that made those players that had to play the extra match connected was only the fact that they both were left handers, and they were the only 2 would it be a conspiracy against left-handers? Or if all the 4 players playing the extra round were left handers?

But of course you could be correct, and Korea is match-fixing it.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lee chong wei will be absent from this tournament
    too many 'injury'

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OTOH, it's obviously the most sensible decision on Lee CW's part. Rather than competing in two tough back-to-back tourneys in view of his present form/condition (due largely to his age more than anything else), it's better to just pay the USD5K fine for the CHN Open PSS and prepare for the easier HK Open SS and then get ready to do duty at the SSF in his home country.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It so happens that in the qualification rounds, there is a possibility of Xue Song taking on Nan Wei and Tian Houwei matching up with Chan Yan Kit, can both of them avenge their recent defeats at the Dutch Open on their respective opponents?

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Last updated according ts.com : Beside top-seed Lee Chong Wei, some shuttlers also withdrew : Liu Xin (CHN), Eom Hye Won/Shin Seung Chan (KOR), Lee Young Dae/Shin Seung Chan (KOR), Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili (INA).