2013 Yonex FRENCH Open SS : Semifinals & FINALS (26th & 27th October 2013)

Discussion in 'Denmark / French / BitBurger Open 2013' started by CLELY, Oct 25, 2013.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    easy mistakes from both TBH and KKK....TBH trying to play but KKK again with his "cool"/"i dont care" demeanor

2. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Personally I thought KKK seemed slightly more committed than before. At times I can sense he goes for certain shots though it may not work out.

Instead I thought TBH comes across more casual...did not like his body language.. maybe i am wrong but to me he seem to give off the "i don't really care" vibes..

3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    used to pity the malaysians being scrutinized by the local media but now i don't blame the media...so frustrating to watch them play

4. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i dont' have a heart to see this md final.. mas md looks like zombie player. no passion

5. nizze

nizze Regular Member

true.. true.. no drive to win

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

WOOHOOOO.............

Good job MARKUS/MARKIS

Ina doesnt come empty handed......

7. samuelkirk05

samuelkirk05 Regular Member

Student
    The Malaysian pair is very boooooooooooring to watch. No gameplay or tactic at all. Sucks big time.

8. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

Who would have thought the qualifier takes the tittle. Surprisingly many MD in pelatnas still couldn't make it and fernaldi made it just in 5 tournament they have played. Congrats

9. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    Wowww! For the very first time Indonesia has two monster MDs! Thanks to Kido and Hendra with their new partners :D

10. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Congratulations to Kido/Fenaldi on their first SS win together!

11. celeng

celeng Regular Member

no drive to win? of course they want to win. but they can't do it.

12. nizze

nizze Regular Member

well... they can't do it because it seems like they are not committed to go all out and want to do it i.e. to win.

Say if you are having a bad day, you tried your best but your shots are not working. I believe the audience can see your effort, its just that you are not in form. Vice versa, the audience can also clearly see if you are disinterested and not giving your all.

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    seriously...this new indonesian pairing does not impress me as much as hendra/ahsan...they played well but they won because the malaysians played terribly...it was a pretty one sided match

14. akabane

akabane Regular Member

Pro Athlete
    can't agree no more.. absolutely. Fernaldi not very special, in fact that his former partner, Agriprima is more unique than him. In fact fernaldi also committed so much errors. But they deserve the credit for this tittle. IMO, xialong/zihan was the real final in France MD this year.

15. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Hendra/Ahsan is a very lethal pair especially when they are in form. Very quick, aggressive and relentless style of play. They do not give their opponents much allowance to counter-attack.

Fenaldi is young so he can move around the court very fast and rain down smashes continuously. Apart from this, did not see anything special about his play. Kido still has some of his touches but can tell he is no longer in his best form. Not sure how will this new pairing fare... i guess only time will tell.

#215 nizze, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    First, the Malaysian MD coaching staff need to be fired for such a lousy strategy(if there was any at all) then these 2 players(KKK & TBH) should never be teamed together again.(If if they would have won, I still think they are not the world beater).
    It is puzzling why KKK & TBH are still playing the same old same old fast flat exchange which has brought them to demise for so long, don't the coaching staff know their strength? To play fast flat exchange, KKK needs to lose 10lb(nothing personal, just my honest opinion) to regain his reflexes while TBH is more suitable to play traditional power smashes type of game. Amazingly, I don't recall TBH actually did any attacking and KKK hardly did any setting up for his partner to smash.
    And B.A.M. thinks is too late to split this pair while Chinese, Koreans, Indonesians have wisely done so for while. Why is it too late and too late for what? Keeping this pair together will win us the Thomas Cup, Olympics, Asian Games or even any Super Series? Please, the next thing we will hear is KKK&TBH actually done well advance to Final so they deserve to keep the partnership, what a joke and insult!
    Boy, talk about the badminton future of Malaysia, endless dark tunnel ...

17. sen

sen Regular Member

The Chinese pair is of course much more delightful to watch because they played fast and attacking game but they are definitely not the real final(I don't know what that means), they lost to the real winner.

Markus has good determination and good stamina, he always moves around. One thing they are lucky in this tournament LYD has to meet his bogeyman, the plumb Hoon whose main purpose in his badminton career is probably to be the guy who has best win percentage against LYD.

18. naistav

naistav Regular Member

COngrats Markus/Markis. Played from Qualification, even in Qual they are not seeded. In main draw they defeated seeded #3 (Endo/Hayakawa), #7 (Ko/Shin), #5 (QZH/LXL), and #4 (KKK/TBH). That's rare situation for INA players, maybe CHN did this several times. Although it was said more to KKK/TBH losing it rather than M/M winning it, I prefer to say M/M winning the tournament in remarkable way. THey defeated LXL/QZH, so even LYD/Yoo was on their way, with their determination and Kido is really in form in this tourney, I dare to say they still have the chance.
    So, congrats Markis/Markus.
    Congrats INA for having another good MD.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Markis Kido/Markus Fernaldi Gideon for an unexpected title in MD, with the presence of all the top pairs there (except for Hendra/Ahsan), in particular for Markus (Sinyo) for winning his first SS title. Kido also finally won another SS title after the Singapore SS title in 2012. This was his 3rd French SS title (with the earlier ones in 2008 and 2009) and 10th SS title overall. Not bad :)

I watched the match of Markus/Kido against Liu/Qiu (the third-set).

Liu/Qiu were leading 9-3 and from that moment onwards, they fumbled big time. Kido was quite smart in some of his placement and slowly but surely the INA pair recovered to take the lead 11-9 into the interval.

Since the interval, it was one way street and the INA pair won it comfortably 21-14 in the end. A rather surprising scoreline given the fact that Liu/Qiu were quite dominant in the first set and the first part of the third-set.

#219 badMania, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In contrast: Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun won 14 SS titles (overall). Hendra Setiawan also won 13 SS titles (overall).

LYD is the king in terms of SS titles in MD with 23 titles (including 1 SS Finals).