[DOUBLES] the partner of server or receiver move on the court during service

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by ucantseeme, Oct 11, 2013.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys,

a girl at my club ask me yesterday if it is allowed that in doubles the partner of receiver or server can move on court? Both feet are not touching the ground during service.
    I didn't find any rule which forbid this. Can some of the geeks here ;) answer my question?
    Thank you much BCs.:)

2. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I'm prerry sure the partner can move as long as he is not distracting the opponent or hindering the opponents vision of the shuttle.

3. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Thats true :D

4. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

I've had this happen. Eventually the opposing side came up to me saying it was distracting, so I told the player who kept moving that he had to stop or I would fault him.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    there was one point in the Denmark Open Men's Doubles between Lee/Yoo against the mental midgets and i think Yoo in the back moved a tiny bit prior to the serve and the umpire didn't fault him, so i guess it's up to the umpire to call it or for the opposing players to object to the movement.

side note: tho i still think Boe (more so than Mogensen) is a mental midget, they got rob on that one point where the umpire didn't clarify which shot was a fault which caused Boe to mishit in that game i mentioned above :(