Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    quit bam doesnt mean quit badminton.
    in fact,if he really sincerely concern about malaysia badminton,he should leave and join the GREAT CONTRIBUTOR:rolleyes:

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I used to too but now more on 831 onwards. Hehe.

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Barely a month since former Proton guy assumed his position in BAM's $$$ chair, the much talk about change for the better has been left unheralded and a bitter taste in the mouths of the public who really knows what is going on behind the scenes of 'wayang kulit' or 'masak-masak' when Aik Mong was roped in. When the going gets tough, Proton guy again dipped his hands into the soup and too many cooks spoils the soup. He just couldn't resist putting in some pepper and santan. Now Aik Mong has left, barely a month after dedicating his plans to serve free of charge. what is happening to Malaysian Badminton, or should I say, almost always, nothing positive is happening. Now do you still think Park Joo Bong will come to our aid? Keep dreaming. It's like when the father wants to discipline the child, the mother steps in to interfere.

4. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Well, if you look at India team now, ahem......maybe 8th place is a possibility.

5. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    We sure hope LCW meant well when he said we needed more juniors to rise. Who wouldn't? But "change" is never easy. Most of us are very comfortable with the things around us (albeit bad management, or poor system). Once change is introduced, even world number 1 can find it hard to accept and adapt easily.

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I am really amazed by the way you Malaysian guys like to comment on rumors of rumors that someone perhaps heard somewhere! Now it is LCW's behing the scene action that we are contemplating! It is really the Theatre State! The kingdom of puppets! And i thought it was Indonesia! You guys are serious about gossip!

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    OTB, I have met RS before and long enough to know a bit of his character and so forth.

To me, he's one of the skillful players which is why he is getting along fine with CW beside TSB.

CW just needs good and skillful trainers to complete his mission

collecting duit super series after super series and as MS said after he left BAM,

CW is ready and can be on his own as he has taught him everything he has to teach.

Mind you, from a coach to financial adviser/planner on how to plant his money,

how to reward himself etc etc :D

Regarding those boys below CW which RS failed to groom them any better than they are today,

simply, there wasn't anything between the coach and the players.

Just normal daily training routine and neither side bothers building up anything.

A coach and a player has to be bonded together and from there everything in training is much easier.

There won't be any complain of pain, suffering etc etc.

So knowing training a player to maintain and training a player to win are two separate things,

RS naturally prefer handling CW :D

Smart axs some of you would say but if anyone of you inside his shoe, would prolly do the same :D

Lastly, about TAM's plan, its good revamp but being a former international baddy player

and now in the corporate IT world isn't enough and he didn't get the correct input

from the correct sources before he launches his plan.

It became a missile attack on the coaches that's why everything went hay wire.

Knowing politics are always in malaysia, it will take not one person but a 'team'

to make things happen but this is just me saying :D :)

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    not all malaysian la :p you should rephrase and use the word 'some malaysian' :D

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    We have known and talked a bit on this forum, kind of know where we stand on baddy issues concerning MAS and if there is someone who knows BAM well, then it is you......thanks for your reply, very clear.
    Like I say, most if not all forumers are either living faraway or not have any contact with BAM to understand how it works, we only heard and read from the media online and mouth off in this open forum, some posts like mine of course makes sense:D, most others are nonsense/rubbish:p:D, this thread soon approaching 1800 posts and dominated by Malaysians who are mostly concern that given the vast amount of funding, MAS baddy is on the verge of falling of the cliff.
    And the part that puzzles me is so many very promising juniors (credit to the BJSS coach who nurture them), none make it to the top leaque except for TBH and that was a long time ago with Rexy and the 31-yr old chap will be kaput in 2-3 yrs time, while at the same time the juniors from CHN, KOR, JAP shine brightly, is it the coach to blame or the system that could not care less about the junior program?
    The 2 MS and 1 MD juniors MAS have now look very good. Rashid does give the impression he is bored, and given the poor state of MAS baddy and his reported highest salary, that may be one reason as head coach Rashid take the brunt of the criticisms.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if we are not concern about our badminton future,we wont spent so many precious time here.:mad:
    for example,i posted nearly 300 posts in this thread
    in chinese we says:恨铁不成钢

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Rambo, you are absolutely correct we posted based on rumours, gossips, dream about it, character assassinations, yadayada:D....in 2 weeks Tengku reversed directions and did a U-turn, TAM quit, etc...so do you have any better suggestions how it come about?

On pBm post should be 'some malaysians, some ex-malaysians (think OTB:p), some foreigners working in malaysia, some illegals living in malaysia and some I don't even know how they get into malaysia:D

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    OTB, before i go on, don't forget our baddy match :D
    i have mentioned many times its the system that's causing the delays of fruits bunch:D
    indeed mas has young talents but nowhere when they are supposed to be playing and compete internationally, this is sad real sad.
    In fact, when TAM said after he was done with the national players and bjss he would go down to sort things out in the state level, i was so eager to hear what plan he has but ... :p
    yes, it start from the state level until the top. I don't have to say there's no transparency thing here as nst or star mentioned few cases sometime ago.
    then comes the education dept/msn meddling in the under 12/15 so called talent scouting also not to mention the wonderful goal set for bjss players. :D
    beside those talents that we already have for under 18 there are still some running stray in the states and they will never shine because they are never given a chance.
    In short, talents scouting here is malaysia only comes in words :D :p
    every year during the national last 16 aged group final i can see more and more talents coming out from so many states and of course some tack along as well if you know what i mean :D these talents are priceless if they are properly taken care of.
    Also about the coaches here its rather funny. The education dept produce them with level one certificate like the mother turtle laying thousands of eggs at one time :D
    few years back the number was seven thousand! Wasting taxpayers money???
    so you can give yourself a good guess whats the ratio of a good coach to dumb one :D
    even in bam i was told some assistant trainers or coach who doesn't know how to demonstrate to show the difference between skill and tactical training also boleh masuk!

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    If we are to totally blame bam on the failure of not producing more world beaters we are wrong but majority still thinks its safe to blame them hahaha :D
    and i don't see how the education dept can work with bam overall either. i know they 'improve' something in bjss and unless they are out then that would be the light in the tunnel.

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Thanks for your insight. As for baddy match, takut-lah, I know you are very good and you are going to wallop me. If we go to the east to visit my sister-in-law I will let you know.:)

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I understand you guys frustration, and I would feel the same in your situation. I just wish there would be more transparency in the badminton circles in Malaysia, but I know it is hard

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Aik Mong episode a lesson to be learnt

By K.M. BOOPATHY |*boopathy@nst.com.my*

THE writing was on the wall that Tan Aik Mong's marriage with the BA of Malaysia would end in divorce even before he was appointed the talent management group (TMG) director on Sept 7.

A newcomer to BAM, having stayed away from the sport's mainstream for three decades, Aik Mong's first task should have been to win the confidence of the coaches before he started implementing drastic changes to revitaliseMalaysian badminton.*Rashid Sidek's resignation last week was probably the first time Aik Mong realised his reform plans were not being accepted and it was a little too late when he decided to call for a meeting with the coaches two days after Rashid resigned, to explain his actual plan.Unfortunately, instead of clearing the air, the meeting had more repercussions as most of the coaches were uncomfortable with Aik Mong's approach and his insistence on them producing comprehensive weekly training plans.Aik Mong's efforts to document the training methods are laudable but it was too much to ask the coaches to prepare a 52-week annual plan within two weeks.He also wanted the coaches to produce daily records of their performances in training, and they were initially not allowed to be physically involved in training the players.Aik Mong's idea was that coaches should act more like advisors rather than physically being involved in training -- a system which was widely practised in his playing days in the 1970s.Aik Mong wanted complete fitness reports of the 63 players from the National Sports Institute (NSI) and also wanted the national ranking system to begin where players were supposed to have match plays almost daily to establish an internal ranking.He was to only approve the coaches' request to send players for championships after these tasks were completed, which meant the national shuttlers may not have played in tournaments for months.Aik Mong was fond of saying he had too much on his plate, which was true, but he made the mistake of not prioritising his tasks.The national coaching and team structure was the most important issue but Aik Mong was unable to finalise the coaches in the national senior and junior squads and the players who were supposed to be in these two teams.In fact, Aik Mong was changing coaches on a daily basis and this left the players in the dark about their future.He also made a judgemental error in appointing Razif Sidek as head of the A team, consisting of national seniors although the former international was supposed to be an independent assessor while Hendrawan was promoted to head Team B although the Indonesian had clearly expressed his desire to remain as a coach.Aik Mong appeared as confused as the coaches during his two-week tenure and his decision to resign was probably for the best as he refused to become the subject of ridicule.Although BAM president Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff's decision to revert to the previous national programme prompted Aik Mong's departure, it was clear that the former international would have struggled to fit into the continuous evolution of the sport.The entire episode is also a lesson to be learnt and BAM must be careful in appointing the next TMG director.The candidate must be someone who is technically sound and is well versed with the latest developments of the sport.It would also be good if BAM appoints another individual to monitor the state development and talent identification as the TMG director should focus on his efforts to improve the quality of the national team set-up.

Read more:*Aik Mong episode a lesson to be learnt - Badminton - New Straits Times*
    http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/aik-mong-episode-a-lesson-to-be-learnt-1.363866#ixzz2g30NEvEP

17. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

What I meant was that if TAM's plan were to be carried out, he couldnt get as much attention as he is getting now. This would mean less preparation for him for any majors.. No doubt he will still be the main subject when it comes to winning honours as currently, I dont really see anyone that is capable but now, he is getting all the help and support in the whole BAM all the time. TAM's plan is to bring up more players, it means, he has to share all that with other people. Not to mention, two 24hrs standby coach for him alone, becomes one coach, shared by few. :D

18. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I think we can all take a wild guess on the adapting capability of LCW here.. e.g, the aircond on-off incident?? :D:D

19. terranova

terranova Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/09/26/Khairy-BAM-back-on-track.aspx
    Wow, now a lot of pressure on BAM to bring Village Champ back. If MTA is under pressure to take him back , MTA can accept him back but use his corporate management experience to marginalise and sideline Village Champ. Demote him to be under Razif. Cut down his authority and responsibilities so he has more time to yawn and nap. Before long Village Champ will resign himself. :)

20. terranova

terranova Regular Member