Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Finally I finished reading this thread ..
    TAM resigned RS quit and coming back??
    Good for the next few weeks this will be my astro :D

3. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

This is what my friend thinks :-
    "Rashid has been waiting for his datukship title, if it didnt happen after LCW got his silver medal in London olympic, it means it will never ever happen. But Rashid is still not giving up yet. Until TAM came in and put him in charge of others but not LCW, he realise that his datukship is gone, so no point staying and being watched by cctv in training hall yawning all the time that might get him fired, so he backed out 1st but fortunately LCW is supporting him from behind and use the famous malaysian badminton style : threathen! Then president got scared, pressure and he revert all his plans back to square one. TAM knows that he cannot do anything anymore, he quits and Rashid knows his datukship is still in sight after TAM quits, so he wanted to come back to continue his wait for his datukship!"

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Anyone of you here really know Rashid personally? :D

5. terranova

terranova Regular Member

LOL, that is pot calling kettle black. That is what we are all doing here in this virtual kpitiam. Yak yak yak and complain to let off steam.

No. I do not mix with such low level lazy yawning opportunist. He is below my league LOL

6. terranova

terranova Regular Member

MTA non-commital on return of Village Champ

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Bad...o-resolve-issue-of-Aik-Mongs-resignation.aspx

Razif remain as assessor
    TKH also remain as assessor
    TSB and Village Champ joining IBL-Case closed
    And suprisingly thing is MTA will head TMG together with a Dr Koay (who is he?). Looks like MTA is a hands on President :D
    And what I like most is MTA is non-commital about Village Champ returning Hahahahaha. Let us support MTA so he does not succumb to allow Village Champ to return. Probably MTA is eager to cut a lot of expensive salaries and deadwood like Village Champ. :D

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer

You are absolutely correct, only that I am no longer a Malaysian.

We know Datukship opens all kind of doors in MAS. But at BAM, it is the easy money being head coach to LCW, earning the bonus cash plus that huge salary every month, and btw, you are paying part of that salary.

I am far away in the Northern Hemisphere, the last time I saw MAS badminton close upfront is in the 70's when Tan Aik Huang and Gunalan were the supremo. Maybe you or Rudy can shed some information on this chap. All we see on TV is he looks bored, disinterested and errily quiet at courtside. Is he really that good a coach and how come besides Dato being WR1, the other chaps under his care fail miserably despite 10 years coaching at BAM? Is Rashid really worth RM50K/month or Limsy is making this RM50K thingie up.I look forward to hear your comments since I know you have inside connections at BAM.
    Also, what's your comment on TAM, is that a stupid move to have TAM run BAM?
    Or should the old chaps stay to run BAM, status quo, is that the way to continue the governance of BAM?

#1747 OneToughBirdie, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Actually Malaysia no.1 sports is football and it's at least 10timws more popular

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    [I am far away in the Northern Hemisphere, the last time I saw MAS badminton close upfront is in the 70's when Tan Aik Huang and Gunalan were the supremo. Maybe you or Rudy can shed some information on this chap. All we see on TV is he looks bored, disinterested and errily quiet at courtside. Is he really that good a coach and how come besides Dato being WR1, the other chaps under his care fail miserably despite 10 years coaching at BAM? Is Rashid really worth RM50K/month or Limsy is making this RM50K thingie up.I look forward to hear your comments since I know you have inside connections at BAM.
    Also, what's your comment on TAM, is that a stupid move to have TAM run BAM?
    Or should the old chaps stay to run BAM, status quo, is that the way to continue the governance of BAM?[/QUOTE]

Like Terranova said, we yak, yak and mouthed it off in this forum. Really what the heck do we know about this great coach. Maybe we all err on Rashid, that he is indeed the Chosen One who as head coach has contributed so much to MAS baddy over the past 10 years to get MAS baddy to the present state of greatness with a WR1 who has won more SS than LD, then we are all guilty of character assassination, and we should apologize to the great man and ask for forgiveness.

10. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    In Malaysia no one can be more powerful than the Pretty Lady sitting beside LCW ! Even Lee Kuan Yew visit Malaysia, first he has to make courtesy visit to this pretty lady first instead of the Prime Minister Malaysia !

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Something strange is going on.
    The president has decided to beef up security measures at the national team's training venue at Juara Stadium.
    Visitors to the stadium must now register at the main door and state their purpose of the visit before being issued with a pass.
    He has also decided to curtail the media's free visit to the stadium and now restricts it to only Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
    Obviously these measures, all security related, have everything to do with the ongoing saga at BAM.

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    OTB, will reply you when I get my fingers on my computer keyboard instead of this super mini samsung buttons! So stay tuned :D.

13. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    In that case, I suggest making friend with her husband.... or better, her mother-in-law! :eek:

*sorry for OOT*

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is another winner,PCC who lost his battle last time(demoted to bjss) promoted to bam :D
    thanks to koo/tan:D

i think u had long time never watch tv3 which make u have no idea who is our prime minister,here is the link(photo number 2 onward)
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=zh...8.0....0...1ac.1.27.img..18.5.607.639lzXGbqJA

15. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    You're right. I have never watched government owned TV since (dunt know when?). I only watch channel 810++ onward ! :D

16. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

Sounded like LCW is afraid to lose his status if TAM's plan were to be a success.. It means, more players will get benefited, rankings improves and so on.. LCW will not be the only great player in Malaysia anymore, alot of others will share that status and be as important as him. He is a selfish crybaby is this is the case. He is too comfortable being the most important player in Malaysia although he always says that he wants to see juniors coming up to take over from him, I hope he really means it!
    But since everything is back to where it was before, lets just hope Malaysia can even qualify for thomas cup and sudirman cup next, stop dreaming about bringing home the cup, focus of qualifying first! :crying::crying::crying:

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sudirman cup no need qualify,thomas cup yes.
    in asia zone
    china
    korea
    indonesia
    japan
    chinese taipei
    thailand
    then malaysia can fight with hongkong for number 7:D

18. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Village Champ should been fired long time ago

Well I hope you are being sarcastic about asking for forgiveness from Village Champ and not making a U-Turn.
    Coaches are paid to turn players into top class players and their performance is judged by results of players under them. In case of Village Champ, the results show that he is mediocre coach. He took over as coach of LCW in 2011 when Misbun left and took all credit rewards benefits. Actually one of reasons cited for Misbun leavjng was that Misbun will be under Village Champ. And TSB was assistant to Misbun and had been more involved in coaching LCW than Village Champ. I think even LCW know about minimal contribution to his success. I suspect that LCW supported him cos he is Misbun's brother and he is ver grateful to Misbun for his success so Misbun is like family to him. TSB is more important to LCW now than the Village Champ. Actually instead BAM can consider bringing back Misbun instead of the Village Champ. We ate not being harsh on Village Champ; if he was working in corporate world he would have been fired long time ago. MTA knows that and is not surprisingly reluctant to take him back ;)

19. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

thats so sad.. malaysia only has one shot for for the 7th place.. if they're not careful enough?? oops....

20. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Not really. To be fair to him, he may be worried about his no 1 player status few years ago but not now. He know he has another 2 to 3 years left to play so he is chasing a WC or Olympic championship to seal his legacy. Is he worried about his legacy or his special status and top pecking order in Malaysia ? Of cos not. It is obvious that he is too far ahead of the other duds and mediocre Malaysian players in terms of skill that by time they catch up he is retired and may be grandfather by then .
    At his level , status and his achievements in Malaysian context, he need not crybaby to his powerful supporters (like woman sitting next to him) to handle BAM. He can go independent with his resources and contacts. He does not need BAM, BAM needs him. If he quits, chances of WC or Olympics gold medal is zero. If he plays, chances are at least 50% and maybe 90% if LD retires . In next few years like it or not, Malaysian badminton revolves around LCW.
    Actually do not think there was intention by BAM/ TAM to reduce his status as TAM actually wanted elite players like him to be in top Team A whereas the structure now is that there will only be 1 big team so TAM proposal actually maintained his status. It isn't an either or situation . They can still accord him his top status / pecking order and yet build up the other players :)

#1760 terranova, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013