Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. terranova

terranova Regular Member

LOL, well LCW complained abt LYB when he choked and lost to LD before so there is likely some bad blood between them. Also if LCW becomes crybaby, LYB will be lucky to get away in one piece. He will be lucky if he is not C4-ed :)

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Well you don't have to wonder and ask too long, you will never find the truth, you have to put the pieces together, honestly, you 'CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH':D
    Tengku came in 2 weeks ago and empower TAM to revamp BAM saying he has choice as MAS is heading into the baddy wilderness. Rashid quit. Tengku talked tough and threatened to sue the Great Contributor. LCW not happy. TAM quit. Tengku reverse direction. All this happened in 2 weeks.
    You from good old Canada. Not sure you understand the power of political connections in MAS. The tough Tengku becomes a pussy cat 'meow' as Dato crybaby all the way to the top, Dato not happy and if Dato not happy and threaten to go independent, all hell break loose.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    like what OTB said,u cant handle the truth:D.
    only dead people keep secret,aiye?;)
    ---
    so our tengku flip flop again as he said the IBL contract was ok.
    all i hope is our tengku,u can leave bam and come back kelantan.:)
    enjoy ur life,why bother to get into the muddy?

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If you think Mafan's post is too crazy to believe, are you in denial that all these events are like an act? Then there were too much effort putting together this masterpiece of a movie, all to wake up these sleeping yawning coaches. These coaches have not performed by years, so this is ruse to awaken these coaches to perform LOL.
    So called professional coaches and players, that is further from the truth. This is a tax payer funded enterprise, a playpen for the politicians. 13 years of failure, and this act continues. If this is a private, shareholder enterprise, it would not take 13 years, there will be shareholers revolt and these jokers are outta real fast. In the real world, there is no tolerance or mincing words for incompetence.
    You said TAM not intend to stay for long...5 years is a long time, enough to bring up a new generation of players. Those jokers had 13 years to screw around and we got is a big fart, stink all the way.

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Rashid resigned and still hanging qround BAM cos this dude has nowhere to go. Rashid may fool MAS and maybe those Mumbai IBL chaps that he is such a great coach, other top baddy nations are not stupid. 'Pride and integrity', hmmm...that is a good question. If you are looking at RM10K to RM50K per month, honestly, would you not screw 'pride and integrity' and do what this Great Contributor does? OTB has a confession to make, OTB will put on a rhino skin, kiss anybody's big and hairy butt if offered these amount of coins to sleep, yawn and look bored on the job. Just tolerate kissing butts at RM600K annually for 5 to 10 years, you from MAS, you would know what you can get for these amount of duit. Just make sure you use Scope to rinse your mouth.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i not sure if he can even get a coaching job in INA/CHN/KOR/JAP/DEN/THA BA by offered rm 1000 per month:rolleyes:

7. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Time out! Lets not get too frustrated...
    -China - 2.2 billion pop
    -India - 2.0 billion pop
    -S Korea - 50 million pop
    -Indonesia - 245 million pop
    -Japan - 128 million pop
    -Malaysia - 27 million pop

Hey,the situation is not too bad. With our small population our coaches
    have less to choose from and yet we do produce top ten players.
    I am sure there many countries in the world that would be happy to
    achieve Malaysia's standard!

8. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

fyi the woman sitting to him during the wedding is not WMC but a much more powerful woman in the country.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

"Jangan main-main" with Rashid and his cronies....look at the fate suffered by TAM.

I am wondering what will happen to Razif now.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    as far as i know
    most of the player(of course not LCW-KKK-TBH-b000000000000000000000000000000ooooooooooo) was disappointing/upset about the i-help-u-u-help-me plan and the resign of TAM(of course not rashid-booooooooo)

11. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Razif was out of limelight for long time and wields less influence now. Now that TAM is not around, Razif has no one to prop him up. MTA (Mahaleel) himself fighting to keep his job so probably cannot support Razif that much.
    It will be interesting to see if the Village Champion comes back whether he or Razif will be more senior. This may lay groundwork for spin off drama series along the lines of Cain and Abel.
    http://www.nst.com.my/opinion/columnist/badminton-needs-to-rise-to-great-heights-1.361922
    One thing we know for sure is LCW wields lot of influenceAfter LCW came back from Japan he apparently had talk with BAM. And his earlier press comments about going independent probably scared the **** out of MTA and caused him to make big U-Turn
    I mean imagine if LCW goes independent, BAM will not be able to credit for any semblance of success and medals (either in World championship or Olympics) for next few years. BAM will not be able to justify RM20M per year expenditure. Hell KJ and the higher powers may decide to just dissolve BAM and privatise / outsource badminton players to clubs like KLRC
    This big U Turn by MTA probably did not even need involvement of woman sitting next to LCW.
    :D

12. terranova

terranova Regular Member

I am sure if it comes down to showdown (whether on or off badminton court), Razif will lose badly. The Village Champ has several levels of influence/power backing him- there is LCW then there is KJ and then the invisible hand of the woman sitting next to LCW

Obviously it is ridiculous and simplistic to compare sporting success purely based on the factor of population. India has 30 times population of Australia but has won fewer Cricket world cup than Australia. Denmark has only pop of 5 to 6 Million but has much better football team than many other countries with bigger populations.

Yes I think we all know that it is not WMC we are talking about. We are talking about the much more powerful woman, WSN (woman sitting next to LCW). WSN cannot be named directly. Maybe someone can indirectly post some unrelated news article about WSN so that other readers will have some idea of who we are talking about.:D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    of course rashid the great contributor will be more senior:D

14. sagoh

sagoh Regular Member

i think using population figure is a not true comparison.
    because in some of those country badminton is not their number one sport. like india, their main sport -> cricket, S Korea -> soccer. but in malaysia -> badminton is our number one sport where most ppl play badminton.

what about denmark population is lesser than malaysia,
    taiwan and thailand

i think issue here is we got great talent pool but the senior coaches arent doing their job properly. how come the player did so well when they are in junior but once they get into senior competition ,their level stay stagnant or deteriorate.

but other country like thailand, ratchanon was a junior champion able to continue her feat in senior competition.

i think lee chong wei should be independent and bring rashid with him. since departing with misbun, i didnt see any improvement in lcw games. back then, he still can win one /two game against ld now 0.

also we need to realize that the badminton is evolving, more and more countries are picking up this sport and they are employing experience coaches from china and indonesia to help them.

so when more country(e.g. thailand, russia, india) is getting into the sport and improving, and if malaysia is not improving its process of training and bringing up good player, its status as a badminton country will soon gone.

#1734 sagoh, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  15. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    If we look from LCW perspective, he probably wanted the things (system, arrangement) the way they are now. With changes coming from TAM, this means as world number 1 ranked player and Olympic medalist, why should I deserve this, why do I need to go through this. I am, after all, the nation's best single player.
    So change is not something he would like to see, especially when he's so comfortable in his current situation. Frankly, most people would not want to come out from their comfort zone. Ultimately, his comments would bring lots of ammunition support from people behind the scene, whether they truly understand or not understand the real problem of BAM.

16. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Please pardon my lack of law and contract knowledge. When Rashid's contract with BAM is valid till 2014, does this mean he is able to sign an advisory contract with another organization during this period? Wouldn't this considered as conflict of interest, even though his role was an advisory?

Guess that's not important now. Either Rashid is wrong or innocent, the President now declares this contract issue is over.

17. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Moral of the story:
    1) If you plan to make some good (read: radical) change, make sure you have one or two close, loyal, true friends who share your ideal.
    2) About your friends, make sure at least one of them is politically DAMN powerful!

18. terranova

terranova Regular Member

I am not lawyer also but my guess is difference is in scope of responsibilities. Coaching job at BAM is more hands on practical role while his advisory role at IBL was more consultancy and less practical so they do not overlap that much.

It was big mistake for MTA to underestimate slimy opportunist like Village Champion. MTA probably tot he had run big company like Proton so what can be so difficult about running group of coaches, players. :)
    At Proton easy to hire and fire but at BAM he will find it is easy to hire but very hard to fire

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Dude...perhaps you are living in the past, those good old days when MAS was a great baddy powerhouse, then you are okay with the current team being mediocre, funded by RM20M annually, with no future and only one 31-year crybaby WR1 who doesn't want changes cos it takes away the attention/funding he is enjoying now. Maybe you want to look even further back to the 40's when MAS won all those AEs, a standalone world power in those good old days back to wooden racket, concrete court and those baggy air-conditioning pants.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no really. the moral of the story i learn:
    make sure u make every related people happy with their money,then u is the chosen one:D

for example:
    nadzmi-come everybody,we go shopping in london,oh yeah:D