Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. honeong

honeong Regular Member

the famous mongolian gone case in malaysia

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    to be honest and exact
    Lee Chong Wei is the accomplice of the to be continuing downfall of malaysia's badminton

3. honeong

honeong Regular Member

lcw has a big role to play in this drama.next we will see rashid back in action, telling the press he is willing to give BAM a chance, and put it all behind him, and giving his full commitment and blah3.

4. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    I am glad that LD is standing in front of him, preventing him from realizing his dream, disappointing him again and again.. Well done LD ! Thumb Up !

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Before we keep on accusing and disparaging LCW in this matter, is there proof of him meddling in this? Just wondering and asking.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lee chong wei is like lv bu in the 3 kingdom.
    high strength but low intelligent:D

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Wow..that's a shocking news! Not easy to change something which it becomes a habit...you need a few people around you and support your plan of changes..if your number 1 man does not support you then it is tough!! Even we did some changes, we still had some issues, especially from old administration people who wished to block the changes...the bottom line is...if your administration does not deliver then you need to change a way...sometimes the NEW way may not guarantee the success but at least you give it a try....you don't use old WAY which proved the failure..

8. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

This twist is getting interesting, i'm so glad my company put on this project and i'll be base in malaysian until xmas. I've been very excited to get my 'the star' newspaper every morning to read all this news and I think I'll get to see the ending too :p
    At first, I really thought malaysia badminton will finally headed to a right way but I guess I spoke too soon, my friend was really angry about Rashid's decision to return, I havent been keeping track af what Rashid has been doing all this years but from my friend's tone, I can guess he's not that good. I saw him sitting behind during LCW's match but I seldom see him went over to talk to LCW during intervals and yes, he looked very bored at times. Maybe his joy is only coaching but not watching :p
    Lets see from now on, how malaysia badminton will be doing, I hope for the best :)
    And if LYB were to coach malaysian team, even with his bad WO records, I actually wouldnt mind if he can manage get at least 10players to semi finals. I wouldnt mind all this WO if that happens. :D

9. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)
    HUGE BREAKING NEWS!!!

Malaysian Badminton’s SOS Answered
    (By Kia Su La)

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept. 25 - Earlier this year, Malaysia issued an SOS for help in revamping its fledgling badminton program. Despite the many victories in the world stage by its world number one ranked men’s singles player Datuk Lee Chong Wei, many in the country, including its national association, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), had expressed concern about the lack of success in the other categories of the sport and the glaring lack of a successor to Mr. Number One, Datuk Lee.

This public concern led to BAM’s former president, Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh’s decision to not run again for the presidency, allowing the reins to pass over to new and fresh leadership in an effort to recast the national badminton program and bring back the prestige that Malaysia once commanded in world badminton. Consequently, Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff was elected as the new president of BAM last month. He wasted no time in assembling a group of renowned national badminton personalities including Tan Aik Mong, a former national shuttler, to assist him in bringing success to Malaysian badminton again.

Mr. Tan was appointed director of the newly created Talent Management Group (TMG), charged with evaluation of players and coaches, and other duties. In a bold move after some fact-finding, Mr. Tan recommended many changes at BAM as part of a five-year comprehensive plan to restore Malaysia’s once golden image in the sport. His recommendations were first submitted to Tengku Mahaleel who, together with members of his council, unanimously endorsed Mr. Tan’s recommendations. Mr. Tan subsequently shook up the coaching structure, promoting and demoting coaches, clearly indicating that it would no longer be business as usual.

The then chief singles coach, Rashid Sidek, resigned on September 19th as a result of the changes Mr. Tan brought to BAM, citing uneasiness and discomfort with the new leadership at the national association and its way of doing things. At about this time, Tengku Mahaleel disclosed that there was a report in an Indian newspaper that Mr. Sidek had signed a one-year contract with a club in the new Indian Badminton League which if true, was a violation of Mr. Sidek’s obligations to BAM as he was still under contract with the national association until the end of 2014. The controversy threw the country into some panic with opposing views being put forth by many, some supporting the changes and the overhaul of the coaching structure while others expressed support for Mr. Sidek and condemned Mr. Tan’s implementation of the changes.

After a few days of uncertainty as to the direction that Malaysian badminton would take, it was revealed yesterday that the changes instituted by Mr. Tan were reversed and the national coaches were reinstated to their former positions. This in turn led to Mr. Tan’s resignation and a statement by Mr. Sidek that he may consider returning to coach at BAM.

With this action, the country thus issued a new SOS for its badminton program - Same Old Sh_t.

-INA*

*Incredulous News Agency :crying:

10. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    After reading your brilliant summary, the whole episode appears too bonkers to be
    real.

Perhaps all these is a ruse by Mahaleel to shake things up and rock and shock the
    coaches to wake up and start to perform.
    After all TAM and Razif came in suddenly and for free and TAM when about like a
    whirlwind of shock and awe without caring on the repurcussions of someone who
    intend to stay for long.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What will happen to Razif?

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    unlike TAM
    razif is pretty fierce--->:mad:
    so let's the drama continue

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    One thing good that came off from this drama is we now know who is powerful and who is weak and who wields more power.

Let the drama unfolds.

14. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    i cant believe all of this news... i have no respect for LCW anymore... so sad...

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Wait for the confirmation.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

And will continue to be like that for another 10 or 20 years?

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not really.
    depend on how the environment ubah-ed.
    this 5 years is vital for every aspect of malaysia.
    if malaysia bankrupted on 2019 like what BN minister said,who care about badminton anymore?:D

18. terranova

terranova Regular Member

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Instead of keeping track of what Rashid has been doing all these 10 yrs as BAM singles coach, try to find one positive achievement Rashid contribute to MAS badminton, and please don't say LCW success is owed to this chap.
    Rashid joy is collecting his paycheck, and whenevr LCW wins, kaching another bonus easy money comes his way.
    LYB to get 10 players to SF, well that ain't gonna happen. Once LCW doesn't like what Li does, LCW not happy and becomes crybaby, LYB can pack up and 1st flight back to CHN.

20. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Episode 9-Village Champion coming back?

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/09/24/Rashid-considers-BAM-return.aspx

This shameless opportunist is pushing to come back to BAM. He met up with coaches and players on Tues trying to make himself appear indispensable to the team . He says so far no arrangement for him to meet with BAM. This guy has such a thick skin and has no pride and integrity. Already resigned and still hanging around BAM now expecting BAM to call him back.