Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There were wide sweeping changes in PBSI rather recently;)

The rot had got so bad that TAM needed to perform a drastic change. Nothing has changed. Even KKK and TBH look like they are still together.

Arguments aside, BAM outcomes are extremely poor and the coaches have to shoulder a large portion of that responsibility.

2. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Yes a few powerful hands http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bm/sp/newssports.php?id=980011
    Hahahaha that is a good one. Cracked me up. At first I was thinking you were referring to his wife Mew Choo but I tot she cannot be that super powerful mah.
    :D

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Don't be so sure....wait till she goes on strike:D

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Business as usual, same old. Being an ex-Malaysian myself, I am sad to see this rot hopelessly continues. If I am a Malaysian, I will be upset to see my tax dollars evaporate the way this circus is heading. I am flabbergasted anyone can defend the previous BAM way of running baddy, seeing what had been achieved in 13+ years like a chicken with its head cut of.
    Basically it is investing pretty much all resources and attention, and giving player power status to 1 single MS player and a MD pair. Win now and forget the future. This is like the USA companies that collapsed when the management concentrated on upping the stock values, collect their billion dollar bonuses, and when the companies collapsed, they are long gone richly retired, with not a care to the share holders.

5. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Let me summarise and recap this soap opera series so far
    Episode 1: BAM Reboot (New Leadership and New Beginning)
    Episode 2: TAM HanTam
    Episdoe 3: Village Champion Quits and attacks BAM/TAM
    Episode 4: BAM Empire Stirkes Back
    Episode 5: U -Turn No Warning letter against LCW
    Episode 6: Invisible Hands - Woman sitting next to LCW?
    Episode 7: U-Turn Back to status quo
    Episode 8: TAM Quits

Coming Up- Watch out for New Episodes in next few weeks
    Episode 9: U -Turn Village Champion coming back
    Episode 10: Mahaleel Quits
    Episode 11: TAM becomes BAM chief
    Episode 12: House Cleaning-Fall of BAM Old guards/ Village Champion Fired
    Episode 13: Retired LD is new BAM Coaching Supremo
    Episode 14: Malaysia Wins 2014 Thomas Cup
    Episode 15- LCW Wins World Championship (after retirement of LD)
    Episode 16- LCW is youngest Tun

:D

6. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    But wait.....Episode 9 and beyond cannot begin because of budget and management approval. Production company may have to cancel this show entirely due to political pressure.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that would be real epic... but unlikely... habis wayang! business as usual... BAM continue...

8. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)
    Sorry, I am slow today. What is "c4-ed"?

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Me too, put on my reading glasses amd read it real s-l-o-w and still cannot get it...is it some kind of triad or mafia code?:D

10. visor

visor Regular Member

C4 = plastic explosive

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Whether TAM's plan works or not, TAM ask for 5 years and he had all but 2 weeks on the job. The current system has run for 13+ years, you know it is a bust, the rest is history, down the tube. There are many kind of people; some who can dance around a topic and feed it to you in a soft soothing tone, others are straight in your face and honestly tells you exactly the way it is.
    TAM is working for no wages, is not made out to be a politician. Now revert back to the same old system, the soft dancing and soothing music is back in vogue, and the history becomes current and continues on. I do not know TAM, I idolized his brother as a teenager growing up in KL. I really think TAM heaves a sigh of relief seeing how this circus unfolds that he is outta there, the good Angel saves him.

12. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)
    This is a translation of the Bernama news agency’s article posted by terranova at Post # 1682 in this thread. I am not a professional translator so accuracy is not guaranteed.

Khairy Advises BAM to Resolve the Dispute With Rashid Amicably
    (by Ahmad Fuad Yahya)

Jakarta, 23 Sept. (Bernama) - Minister of Youth and Sports Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar advised Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to resolve amicably the dispute with national singles coach, Rashid Sidek.

He hopes BAM will consider Rashid’s service and big contributions to the country before taking any action against him.

“I hope regardless of BAM’s considerations, whatever the results of their (BAM) investigation, it will not be necessary to impose strict action or discipline against Rashid,” he said after a council meeting with Malaysian students studying in Indonesia, at Malaysia Hall Jakarta on Monday.

Khairy was asked to comment on the controversy that arose following news of the resignation of Rashid, 45, with notice this month, as a national singles coach with BAM.

Rashid was reported to have already signed a contract with a club in the Indian Badminton League (IBL) since last June.

The president of BAM, Tan Sri Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff recently said that Rashid, who signed a contract with the Delhi Smashers club in India, still had an ongoing contract with BAM until December next year.

Tengku Mahaleel said that he would not hesitate to take legal action against Rashid if the report in The Times of India on July 19th are true.

When asked to comment on Rashid’s open criticism of BAM, that its new leadership treated the national coaches as “inexperienced workers”, Khairy stated that the remark appeared to be Rashid’s personal opinion.

The minister said that if the opportunity arose, he wished to meet with Rashid to get clarification of that issue, as well as meet with both sides of this dispute.

“But it looks like Rashid wants to leave BAM and explore his options. BAM does not wish to interfere with his plans. So if there is a parting of ways, let it be an amicable separation,” he stated.

– BERNAMA

13. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    even you get LYB and his big brother come also useless!

14. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    C4 is only used by special task force. But it can be easily available in Malaysia ! Thanks to our pretty lady.... :D

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this is very very true.
    anyway
    i think tengku can leave bam now.:rolleyes:

16. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    drama fold unfold....i'm curious any coach coaching and player training during this period? ooiii!!!!!!!! STOP WATCHING GO BACK TO YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

17. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Mahaleel is the laughing stock of world badminton now. I did not expect him to
    be so incompetent!
    But he dont have to leave as he has shown daringness. What needs to be done
    now is for him to employ a world class badminton coach/supremo and give him
    the authority and freedom that was given to TAM - either PJB or Morton Frost but
    not LYB as his WO skills is damaging to the game.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and then the world class badminton coach resign again?.
    if there is nothing to be changed or fixed,then bam doesnt even need a new president.
    what's the different between nadzmi and tengku if they just did the same thing?:rolleyes:

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the thing is,tengku surrender to the pressure.
    those people who lost benefit from the change stand together and fight against tengku/TAM.
    NOTHINGcan be change if this bunch of fellow still remain in bam.

now they know how to affect tengku decision,how to play power/politic against tengku.
    then he had become the puppet.
    ---
    since tengku cannot stand firm on his decision/plan
    he had lost his first and last battle.
    bam is just it old self like the past 10 years.
    :mad:

#1699 limsy, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Tengku does not have to look far for a world class head man, the Great Contributor to MAS badminton, the great one himself Rashid is coming back, dah, he was already the head coach and most importantly endorsed by LCW. Just look at Rashid contribution to MAS badminton, check how many SS the Sultan of SS titles LCW won under his care, even LD cannot match, cannot come close. Maybe I should rank LCW as the LEGEND 1 and LD as LEGEND 2, 1 is greater than 2;)
    'Give authority and freedom' to PJB and MF, you are not kidding, the gents are not dumbbells...one look at what happened to TAM and they say thank you dude.
    So Rashid can come back to milk the cow, this time around Rashid is even more powerful as TAM was ousted in the power play. Rashid has the full backing of Dato who in turn has a powerful supporter to back him up when Dato is not happy. If Dato is not happy, someone gonna get fired.;)