2013 Yonex Japan Open SS : Quarterfinals to FINALS (20th-22nd September 2013)

Discussion in 'Japan / Indonesia Open 2013' started by CLELY, Sep 19, 2013.

1. akabane

akabane Regular Member

Pro Athlete
    oh really? is that happened before to him? or it's just your assumption? you put the same case over LCW for real? OK let me tell you, when you came to stadium watching football match then they canceled it because they so "exhausted" what do you fell? :facepalm. Dont ever put " try then give up and give up before even trying" at the same place! I'm out of here.. so much silly chinese fanboy.

#321 akabane, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Not all players are physically as strong as each other but this post should still be mandatory reading. They are athletes after all. World class athletes, training around 6 hours a day most of them I assume. They can handle many matches and still contend as shown by Shon Wan Ho and Wang Zhengming(both coming of recent tournaments) being able to contend in the CM and reach the final. Don't want Xu Chen to actually have a fever but a tactical/cheating WO isn't good at all.
    But I wouldn't mind the organizations to actually rest the players more...Don't want any players to careers to be cut short because their body couldn't handle it anymore.

Thanks for sharing limsy.

3. foliot

foliot Regular Member

I think the spectators would be much happier if they didn't enter the tournament altogether to avoid this kind of walkover. But hey, if you think mocking a tournament final is justified because of their own poor judgement, then so be it.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how many matches did xu chen played in CNG?
    did xu chen played in china master last week?NO
    how many matches/minutes on court did xu chen played in this 3 weeks?(which i believe not even half of what lyd been through)
    for what i read,5 matches + 3 matches in 21 days=high fever?

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    A rather interesting three-week period you have chosen. How come LYD didn't play one single match against his own compatriots!

LYD was 21 y.o. back in 2009. Show me a human being who can perform this feat at the age of 29.

6. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

First, you are wrong about LYD not playing any of his compatriots, unless you are solely talking about the last and first tournaments. He played a 3 setter vs KSH/YYS in MD and a 3 setter in XD among others.
    Secondly why would it matter if he did? Most tournaments is not set up as a team competition, even if some players and organizations sometimes treat it that way.

Also, if Xu Chen got a "random" fever, perhaps the number of matches maybe didn't really matter in the first place, and his WO was justified. But even so, if it was a possibility that his body might not hold, CBA should not have entered him at all, to think about his health. He is 29 after all.

#326 Giga01, Sep 22, 2013
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    [TABLE="width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD]category/name
    [/TD]
    [TD]lee yong dae(21)
    [/TD]
    [TD]xu chen(29)
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]period
    [/TD]
    [TD]9/11-6/12 2009
    [/TD]
    [TD]31/8-22/9 2013
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]matches
    [/TD]
    [TD]31
    [/TD]
    [TD]12
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]minutes
    [/TD]
    [TD]1248
    [/TD]
    [TD]496
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]tournament
    [/TD]
    [TD]4
    [/TD]
    [TD]2
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]title
    [/TD]
    [TD]6
    [/TD]
    [TD]0
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]longest rest
    [/TD]
    [TD]2 days in between tournament
    [/TD]
    [TD]8 days from 11/9 to 18/9
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]distance traveled
    [/TD]
    [TD]more than 6000 km(hongkong-shanghai-korea-malaysia)
    [/TD]
    [TD]less than 2000km
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    lyd link,1st week
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...E3E641-C50A-4D82-849F-2254CA755F19&player=125
    2nd week
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...EBBA4D8-BE5E-4394-B92C-E88993565DC2&player=90
    3rd week
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...2CB2CC-C86B-4087-B23E-24E090A7875A&player=135
    4th week
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...85070F6-704D-4753-AF19-423D8B392191&player=66

xu chen link,1st week
    http://results.liaoning2013.com.cn/...isciplineCode=BD&DisciplineID=7&Date=20130902
    3rd week
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...740DB7-F83F-43B1-9D98-F00327840E4F&player=252
    ---
    let everyone who saw this post judge.

8. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I calculated JJS matches, as he is a bit older than LYD, using slightly the same formula as above.

Period 9/12-6/12 2009(WO first MD match) Matches 19 Minutes 781(I think. Pretty tired, so likely to maybe be a miscalculation, did it many times)
    The rest is much the same as above. Jung Jae Sung was 27-ish. Not all matches are equal and it's worth mentioning that probably most of his opponents in Korea where fairly easy but still. The Koreans are very fit indeed, but I really doubt that it's healthy to go on a run like JJS and to a much larger extent LYD did. And Xu Chen might just actually have contracted a fever.

#328 Giga01, Sep 22, 2013
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As of today, Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei are ranked #1 by BWF (which updates every Thurs) and OSIM Standing before the final XD match.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Well, last week China Master has shown that chinese players don't give WO just for their compatriots alone, but also to any nations players. So your theory need a little correction.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Good that someone checks him from time to time to stop his discriminations and unfounded allegations and from spreading false information.

12. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    mmh. There are always WOs. Sad. I hope the reason is true (not that i wish him illness!).

Didn´t read all about the fitness issue, but hey they are professionals!! One or two matches on a day for like 15 days should surely be possible (training 5+ hours/day). I mean if I can play 10+ matches on two days on my level against simular strong opponents (I'm an intermediate player and ofc feel a little muscle soreness the next day).

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Yes #1 thanks to their compatriots, they are indeed on top. I was genuinely disappointed in the XD walkover. Can't wait to see real action between any of china xd vs Tantowi/Natsir in the Denmark PSS.

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Justin,
    I really want to know your opinion about the XD final event ended up in WO. We mere mortals are intrigued and disappointed at the same time. I believe you are in the forefront on everything about China team.

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

thank you for your selection and we know playing justice is easy, and the purpose of your thread was obvious but not just to condemn WO... :D

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i will conduct one for JJS later,working now.
    anyway,for a player who had 8 days of rest,then it not even mean to be pack at all.

17. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

i have been to forum of many other sports, yet badminton fans here are just amazing... what a pathetic sport... no wonder China could be able to do what they like, coz many other countries just like to complain them instead of working hard to over-do them...

that's why the Japanese and Thai WS could do so well but not the others... they didn't complain but work hard, respect the fact that China (and Korean, yet both countries are the 2 most adopted countries of team play, including most WOs) is technically strong (at least now, and not becoz of all of the conspiracies BC fans always fond to claim) and even got Chines coach (in IR case) and Korean coach (in Japan case)...

it's always easier to talk (like fans) than do...

as i said before, go on and keep complaining, keeping hiding yourself from the reality, and keep losing focus on badminton itself, guys like LYB would not give a crack to any of these until you really beat his team on court...

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    We can argue from A to Z...if you are not ready or tired...don't play..after all..this is not a Olympic qualification year and so many tournaments to play...players complain there is too many tournaments..so just choose...
    If you decide to play then you have to take the risks...it may ruin the sport after all ....honestly we did not want to register Ahsan/Hendra as they have not been practicing after WC but since Yonex is their main sponsor, they had to go....we rested Natsir/Tontowi...
    It is simple that if you complain the tight schedules and too many tournaments and there is a chance that you may get injured...then don't play...period!! no excuses ...

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    If their opponent in the final is non-CHN, CHN team will make sure there will be no fever and etc.

20. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I agree.. Other nations should really work on their players, so that they can beat chinese player to prevent them from meeting each other in any stage. That way, wo between chinese players wont be happening. And honestly, I dont want to see all this respective nation who has been complaining all these wo doing the same thing if, IF IF they manage to catch up and meets each other in any stages of the competition. Hope all these nations can catch up and give us a real exciting matches when they meet their own compatriots. Perhaps they can play to death, die of dehydration, play with high fever till they faint, play with a stomach upset till they cant stand straight, play with leg cramps and crawl on court till the match finishes because I thinks thats what spectators who paid for tickets wants to see. To watch every single match played till its finish? Just kidding here... :D
    What i really mean is that I really hope other nations can catch up and give us a real exciting badminton matches between different nations and not make it a team event, its doing badminton no good.. Not many people wants to see a finals played between the same country, the result will be not much different, that respective country wins. Like how I was hoping for 5different flags flying in WC2013 finals, but unfortunately, it didnt happen.