He BingJiao (何冰娇)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by RedShuttle, Nov 26, 2012.

1. EvenBetter

EvenBetter Regular Member

oh yes, it is AJC. I'm a bit lost...
    Thank you

2. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

She was withdrawn from the CM because she has to take part in the on-going Malaysian May Bank U-19 International Championship .

Here is the link http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=15E26858-05A1-49D7-99FC-6C0D0877D74F

Another young Chinese girl to look out for is Chen Yu-Fei. She is one year younger than HBJ.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao has just won the Malaysian MayBank International Youth U-19 Championship, beating KOR Kim Hyo Min for the WS title.

4. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    congratz to her...the only winner from china as korea dominates this event

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Watch the child prodigy, He Bingjiao, taking on the resurgent Liu Xin at the 12th Chinese National Games Women's Team Championship. HBJ in yellow playing for Jiangsu team, Liu Xin in red for the PLA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j16ALtkBRE This match ended in defeat for HBJ but it showed her potential.

I'm still looking for the one where HBJ beat Jiang Yanjiao.

6. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    why do you always want a kid to compete in senior international tourneys soon ?
    they are still kid. no need to push them to be in the same level and in the same responsibility with the seniors. enjoy the training, enjoy the game, enjoy having friends, enjoy social time (hanging out etc) and finish their high school are more important for a kid. they will remember such this time when they retire. not long. when they are 17/18, they will finish their high school and ready to be sent everywhere consistently.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What you say sounds good and the same thought should apply to other child prodigies like the Thais. However, if I'm not wrong, Intanon Ratchanok started her international debut as young as age 14 in both junior and adult tournaments. Actually it's up to the players themselves, if they want to devote their lives to professional badminton and have the the talents for it at a very young age, they should be given the fullest support,encouragement,resources and opportunities to do so to enable them to realize their potential in the shortest possible time.

Remember Mia Audina who helped INA won the Uber Cup in 1994 at age 14 ? What about Taufik Hidayat ? In tennis, I've heard of 9-yr-old prodigy Gabby Price whilst in the past Jennifer Capriatri became a Sports Illustrated cover girl at age 13. In swimming, CHN's 16-yr-old Ye Shiwen won gold medals in the 400m and the 200m individual medley at the London Olympics 2012. And I could go on...

Oh, how can we forget 16-yr-old Akane Yamaguchi at the JO SS today ?!

#27 Justin L, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  8. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    akane yamaguchi play at home. she only play outside country maybe 2-3 times a year ? of course, this is different. you remember when mia audina did make many problems when she was 19/20? and then quit national team ?

i always think, a kid should be a kid. let them grow bit by bit. both physical (let say badminton skill) and also the mentality. let them taste becoming teenager. for the sake of themselves. Now Ratchanok start getting injury.regularly go to hospital for therapy. in such "so called" young age. I heard too that Ratchanok has a mental problem. die hard INA bad fans know well that Taufik cheat his age by 2-3 years. in 96, INA only send him maybe twice/thrice outside the country? If Taufik didnt cheat his age, so virtually, he ended his career in 25 (2006). after that, he was mediocre. Taufik was also a problem maker in Pelatnas since 2002. Mia ? she disappeared from the elite badminton level at 25 yo.

it doesnt matter whether they succeed or not. they can succeed like ratchanok (and many athletes you mention), they also can fail , but age is not coming back. they can not taste becoming teenager anymore.

He Bingjiao, still 16. if she has to be in elite team of China, she will train with top players. that's good. but look at their age. who wants to have a kiddy chat with HBJ ? she does not have life then.

another case, there is a good example in INA. a young player suddenly disappear from training ground for around a week recently. when he got back, he said that he really miss his mom, so he got back home without telling anyone. in tennis, do not only remember the success story of capriati. remember too about her mental problem. her story with marijuana, getting arrest, a long break etc. luckily, she could escape and come back but needs very long time. their mentality is still growing. dont push them to be an adult just in seconds.they need time.

Another thing is education. Even if they are very very promising, and they would like to sacrifice school, it is still a responsibility for the organization to facilitate them to finish high school (at least). you can say that they WANT to sacrifice school in order to succeed, but hey, they are only kid. What does a kid think ? They sometimes dont think far, sometimes dont care, but WE CARE. who can guarantee that she will succeed ? how if she/he ended his/her career early like Wang Lin due to injury? luckily, Wang Lin is cute though. I think it's just a matter of time for her to find a succeed man to marry with.

treating a young player and an elite player is different. the coach only think about win and lose for an elite player. but for a young player, we have to teach also about growing through teenager time to become an adult. We must also preparing them if they fail through education.

I think, the coach has been good in treating He Bingjiao. send her instead of China Master. she never won an U-19 competition, right? She also have no AJC/WJC gold in hand if not mistaken. win it first. prove something. even i dont think that she is a top 10 in the CHN WS national ranking.

however, this is only my opinion. i could be wrong.

#28 fathonezic, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm sure He BingJiao and her parents would appreciate your good advice and concern. About Taufik's age, I'm very surprised to learn of it.

Indeed, a good education is very important for its own sake and a proper balance should be struck between career and studies for those who can make it academically. Still it's not an easy decision to make; ultimately HBJ with her parents' approval will be driven by her passion for the sport on how much to devote her youth to and what to prioritize. That's why I always urged young athletes to have a mentor to guide them in their growing years.

As we know, the world of sport has become so competitive and commercialized that in reality it's very common for child prodigies to capitalize on it as early as possible so much so that many choose to devote their lives to sporting career first and do their studies later on. To each his/her own. We can only wish He Bingjiao all the very best.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    depend on what type of player she is and how she gain experience,training or match?
    that's the different between RI/TTY and other youngster in ws

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What is there to compare the two 16-year-olds, He BJ and Akane Y ? One has never played in any adult international tourneys nor win anything vs the other who is a Superseries winner ?! Anyway, at this tender age, they are still at their formative age, too early to tell how they will develop in future.

At present, no doubt, Akane Yamaguchi is the better player of the two child prodigies based on their very first meeting. Who knows what the future has in store for them. Let's patiently wait and see.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    #33 limsy, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Contextually,I think it should be obvious that I'm referring to the regular adult international tournaments, such as the GPG or SS. Surely we are not going to compare He BJ's Badminton Asia Youth U17 GS title (is it worth mentioning again?) with Akane's JPN Open SS WS title conquering the more experienced,established, once-upon-a-time child prodigy now 19-yr-old world-class player,Tai Tzu Ying, in the final.

OK, I re-qualify my statement that by 'win anything' I have in mind not the junior events but the adult tourneys. Or I should've added 'win anything of significance'.

Don't forget, even IR started playing in the adult international circuit around age 14 and only won her first GPG title at age 16 (?) i.e. 2 years later - if I remember correctly, it's the India Open GPG in 2011 - before capturing the world title at 18, four years later . So Akane winning a SS title at age 16, assuming she just started her international playing career, is much more impressive, age-wise. Btw, at the East Asian Games last month, Akane, somewhat surprisingly, failed to get past Wang Shixian (whom many considered over-the-hill) in the semifinals.

For me, being the youngest or oldest champion is worthy of praise and deserving of mention in the Guinness Book of Records but it's still not as noteworthy as being a great(est) champion.

As for He BJ, we really have to wait for her to start competing at the adult level to know how good she can be or is. I believe she will live up to my expectations when the time comes.

15. dominikk1985

dominikk1985 Regular Member

clinical science
    aren't the chinese players generally stay longer in the country and go international later? often young chinese players are not even in front of the junior ranking because they play national competition for quite long (at least I know it is like that in table tennis). that works in china because the national competition is already world class, so the lack of international competition doesn't hurt them. Maybe one reason is even to make sure other players cannot figure the young guys out too early. chinese sport doesn't care about SS tournaments, world rankings or junior rankings but mostly about gold medals (especially olympic medals).

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so,u are police in bc which doesnt let others to compare akane with he bing jiao?:rolleyes:
    funny~~~:D
    ---
    let see who will be the winner in wjc ws 2013
    akane,aya ohari,busanan and he bing jiao should be contender for the title.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he just try to find excuse for he bing jiao.
    if he bing jiao won that match against akane,u will saw a 180 degree different post from him.;)

18. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Oh, sure. Keep them inside The Great Wall, keep banking on dependable stars, and... look at the likes of Chen Yuekun, Zhou Wenlong, Qiao Bin, and Chen Xiaojia to name some. Time is running out for them.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,generally speaking,you're right. My understanding is that it's CBA's standard practice or policy to allow their promising youngsters to play in the adult international circuit only when they are about 18/19 years old. But I'm wondering if CBA would start to make exceptions beginning with the 16-yr-old He Bingjiao who performed quite remarkably in the recent Chinese National Games team event notably beating the capable veteran, Jiang Yanjiao, among others.

I mean for these CHN juniors to compete against their compatriots in domestic events where,as you've said,the 'national competition is already world class' is still ,indubitably, very different from playing in the adult international circuit where the pressure,the nerves,the stakes involved are greater as affecting their growth,experience,development, and maturity towards realizing their true potential and attainments in the future.

Clearly, in this regard, the non-CHN juniors are more fortunate, such as the Thais, Japanese, Indonesians, and Europeans (eg,Marin, Axelsen). Anyway, I noticed that He BJ has been registered to play at next month's China Open PSS, her maiden international foray, as a qualifier. I look forward to seeing how far she can go. Btw, Akane Yamaguchi was originally registered to play as a qualifier but she has since withdrawn,regrettably.

20. dominikk1985

dominikk1985 Regular Member

clinical science
    I have seen her jump smash quite a bit. I wonder if that is a reaction of the chinese coaches to ratchanok who is one of the few player who jump smash. I was already wondering in another thread whether chinese coaches fear that the game of the older chinese stars might be outdated soon and they have to copy ratchanok so win in the future. that is just a theory of course but it would be interesting.