Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hope TAM reads this:)

2. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Rashid is upset because he is just one of the coaches, no more head coach and cannot boss around. With NCC/KG/Nadzmi at the helm, he could pretty do anything he wants and gets away, but now with TAM as watch dog, the fun is gone.
    And now task to coach DL, CWF and IZZ, does anyone really knows how darn di-ffi-cult this coaching job is? Like a mission impossible!;)
    These trio will make any coach looks real bad, compared to easy job coaching LCW. Rashid can just yawn/sleep at courtside and Dato will do the job for you and bring home the bonuses/coach of the year award for you.
    After you are used to getting bonuses because Dato makes your job so easy, and collecting that coach of the year thingie, your ego goes up skyhigh and you begin to conjure up illusion of yourself as the savior and contributor to Malaysian badminton.
    Darn it, if I am Rashid I am pissed too, TAM is taking away my golden rice bowl. How dare TAM can just walk in, wave a cane and order me, the Great Saviour, to coach these 3 chaps.:p
    Hi Limsy, Star/NST quoted Rashid said his pay is more than RM10K, not RM50K per month, I thought your data is reliable, so did you screw up?:D

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hopefully zBam Don't pull hand brake if few politician gives pressure to the current change, the changes must be continue... Kick out all the leeches, no place for tongkat...

tam/razif/etc are not paid any salary but all their expenses cover for BAM matters...

4. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Its a matter of budget - once the constructive dissmissal exercise is over and
    the targetted coaches have resigned - these cost savings will free the budget
    to pay for TAM's and razif's salary.

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If TAM/Razif succeed in their endeavour and I hope they do, the rakyat should have no problem paying them, even handsomely. As in the private sectors, if you perform, you are paid well, if you screw up, you are fired. Nobody should work fulltime for free. Their jobs are stressful, open to public scrutiny and abuse (especially from BC forumers, especially OTB:D)..except for volunteers who obviously have the financial means to volunteer for free but get freebies in return. Only those who are unqualified, leeching on the jobs and just because they are well connected, they got the jobs and well protected by the higher up even though it is so clear that they screwed up royally for years that should be kicked out ASAP;)

6. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    I agree - performance based remuneration is the best!

7. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    But if Rashid's salary was really RM600k per year then its cheap if we compare to
    the RM416K per month thats FAM is considering to pay Philippe Troussier to
    coach the Malaysian football team!

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Looking at perspectives, yes, I would agree with you.

On the other hand, another perspective is that team of TSB/Rashid/LCW have been very close to winning honours. Darn that guy guy Lin Dan - so why break up a successful combination?

An analogy would be privately listed companies and breaking up a highly successful team near one of the top in the world (on paper). Then again if one of that team is near the end of it's useful life, it's time to move on.

Obviously TAM has his agenda and nobody ever said it was going to be an easy task.

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Both are overpaid for way under achieving for taking the baddy and footsy team down the drain. Then again, it is public money, who cares. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. These salries are obscene and a real slap to the working stiffs in Malaysia. I dunno what to say, that is ridiculous. BTW, today's Star or NST, quoted Rashid interview and the Great Man himself said he made 'more than RM10K' a month, not RM50K the Data Guru Limsy said.

10. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Any reason why li mao n pjb left? Someone took their rice bowl too?

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    TAM really does not have a choice, he has a tough job to do and most Malaysians can see the ship is sinking to a point of no return. I hope MAS will support TAM and give him a chance. If these chaps are paid so much just to coach by MAS govt who is willing to pay no limit for sporting honors (like Senior888 said of Philippe being paid RM416K/month coaching soccer), I wonder what rewards these Rashid, TSB and LCW and Philippe will get if LCW has just score that gold in WC and/or OLY, or the soccer team qualify for WC.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    in chinese,there is a verb called:欲加之罪,何患无辞?
    poor direct translate:if u wanna punish a person,there's always an excuse to do so:D

i dont really believe.
    honestly,he get promoted as the single chief coach and u tell me his salary only 10k per month? yeah,maybe indeed 10k salary per month(exclude bonus and allowance:p)

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    well the saying goes. you need to take one step back to help you move forward again. in this case is a tiny step/loss with rash poop sulking out the door

hopefully state coaches and other grassroots levels are better empowered and better developed

14. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    apology for the double post

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I believe this is the article you refer to. May I respectfully point out RM50k is still 'more than RM10K' ;)
    and that is still consistent with "Guru Limsy":)

I am reading today's Star

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/09/20/BAM-questions-Rashids-loyalty.aspx

You get the impression there is going to be no pussy footing with the new administration.

Good last paragraph and comes back to an an earlier post when I pointed out the same thing in post #1575 of this thread (see bolded text).

Perhaps OTB may want to take up a volunteer role when he retires back to Malaysia:)

16. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    416k per month??? malaysian football is down the drain, lack of participation from talents of other races simply because of bias selection procedures...what a waste of money

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Maybe Kenny Goh is te one they wanna kick out... The "official" should be answerable

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u can replace 'football' in the sentence to anything and it still fit the current situation of malaysia;)

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    This is from the Star interview with Rashid re his >RM10K salary
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/09/19/Rashid-quits-national-team.aspx

The previous BAM bank their eggs on LCW getting the gold and forsaken the future, with no succession plan in place or simply no plans at all. Of course, LCW is the main beneficiary of their action, the rest of the players (except KKK/TBH) are second class, supporting role. These guys/gals are the real heroes to put up with this rubbish and hang on. LCW came close to getting the job done and everyone richly rewarded, except LD screwed everyone up each time.
    As you said Rio is far away, who knows how a 34 yr old LCW fare at that time, he may get injured and game over. One thing for sure, if TAM does nothing, we can forget about competing against CHN, INA...we can't even beat Taiwan, Thailand, opps, maybe even the boys over on the other side of the causeway, and forget about TC, we can't even qualify. There really is no time to waste, TAM has a 5-year mandate. The 2 new rookies look good. All these years of management abuse, rot and decay, wasted funding, has set MAS baddy a generation behind. 5 years to turn things around, I wish TAM the best, but I am not sure 5 year time is enough.
    As for me volunteering, I would love to, just as Rudy get close and personal with the players and all I want in return for volunteering is a signed T-shirt from the Legend and from the Sultan of baddy, and that would be enough. Oh, one more, from WX too. I know I am real greedy but can only wish.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member