Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    This duke is gone as far as hope for the next LD is concerned.
    With his parents planning his career for him more than CBA,
    that's about it :D

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That's the unfortunate part playing for CHN, a player only gets so many chances. One thing is WZM can really hantam the birdie, in the 1st game, he smacked the bird so hard that I am sure the feathers all dropped off that LCW can only watch as the birdie flew by. But after that, LCW did not give WZM any chances to drop his bombs. LCW played a brilliant game.
    So you think this dude's time is up in CBA and should look into 2nd career e.g. fry chao kwai teoh:D

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I think something better than that .. smack his father :D

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Smacking his father would be anathema across all cultures and peoples. If anything, I'd much rather he 'smacks' LCW in a badminton match the next time they meet and,better still, goes on to win a superseries title at least.

Frankly, I'm more agreeable with OneToughBirdie's sense of humour.:D

5. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Why not moving him to play double?

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Before the match, i expected him to win, and he played badly. Beginning of game 2 when i expected him to lose he came back to win it. Early in game 3 when i expected him to control the game, again he played badly.
    End of game 3 when i thought he is going to lose, he win it! WZM really made my day like riding a roaller coaster today.

Still, like before, i wish this is not a one-night-victory. Considering how he won his last 2 match in tight matches, i hope he is mentally improved, and may this being a good sign for his future career. It is already a long wait for him to shine, and hopefully he really can make it!

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the next king arrived! finally!:D
    who can win a ss title with a super taxing 11 days CNG
    only the king can do it!:D

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As Tian Houwei's mother once said, wisely, to him after he's beaten Lee CW in the Aussie Open'13:" Just one match doesn't prove anything. Strive on with diligence." -- I'm going to say the same to Wang Zhengming:" Just one Superseries title doesn't prove anything. Strive on with diligence".

Nevertheless, what was WZM's response after winning the CHN Masters, what's his biggest gain? It has boosted his self-confidence, particularly owing to the two fiercely contested matches in the semi-final with J O Jorgensen and the final with Son Wan Ho. He expressed:" There is no unbeatable opponent." http://sports.qq.com/a/20130915/004743.htm

Personally, I'm happy not because he won but, more importantly, how he persistently struggled and valiantly fought his way back coming from behind to win the two aforementioned matches, his ability this time to keep his nerves under control at crucial moments and prevailed in the end. With increased self-confidence and a stronger,more mature mindset, I believe his transformation, however big or small, will lead to further progress and greater successes in future.

May we see him mount the winner's rostrum more often from now on. All the best to him. Wang Zhengming, JiaYou !

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

i do hope this is a true-hearty compliment... or otherwise it was another sad thing for BC and the sport...

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel that WZM should be grateful that his coaches, specifically Xia Xuanze and Li Zhifeng, perhaps Li YB too, did not give up on him when he's been falling short of expectations so often and for so long. Imagine some of us fans here were already getting pissed off by him recently, one or two even driven nuts by his repeated letdowns to the point of disillusionment.

Fortunately, he redeemed himself finally this time albeit not in emphatic fashion but the manner in which he did it when all seemed lost caught most of us by surprise. Even so, it's only just the beginning, there is still much work to be done and quite a long way to go before we are convinced he has actually arrived.

11. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Agree. He has to be more consistent.

12. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    His mental strength has certainly improved. It was demonstrated in both semifinal and final in China masters. His ability to fight from behind is very impressive and this may suggest his ability to change the strategy in difficulty situation and to get quick points has improved. I found his net play is pretty good. Defence is fine but got room to improve further. He has powerful smach but has to fine tune so that it is more accurate. His confidence will grow after winning China masters by beating SWH who has improved his speed since Surdiman cup. If I am not wrong, WZM is the only player who beat LD this year. He did that in a "mock exam" within chinese team prior to world championship. I am confident he will become more consistent with time. I still think that he will more likely be the one to threaten LD's control of MS in next few years as compared with LCW and CL.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

What makes WZM special in his play is his capacity to change his speed. He can be awfully nonchalant, and switch to smash-push mode. Thus was the end of the final of China Masters, with smashes and follow ups for the last ten minutes. In that aspect he can be aggressive like LD.

14. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    now he is china MS3. another 10,000 points added, and he can overtake du pengyu as china ms2

15. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Don't get over excited, it is only one title. He is not at the level of LD, LCW, or even CL.

16. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

yes, he's not yet there...

17. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have to agree with others here, I have a feeling we are seeing the successor to LD in the making.

Bit a rough diamond at the moment, but I personally would rate him above CJ/CL.

He has the right attitude and reminded me of when I first saw Roger Federer jump onto the scene when no one had ever heard of him. I hope can he can fulfill his potential.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

19. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    All of you WZM fans, please say something.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Because it's not Summer time!! See post #318.