Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Organizing Badminton League in Malaysia

Firstly, am i the only one who thinks that organizing our own badminton league will do wonders for unearthing and spurring developing of uncut diamonds-players, while at the same time absolve the upper management's crime of doing not enough (or nothing at all) to remedy the nation's endemic-doldrums embarassment? I happen to think that the advantage of this kind of competition, as always, lies in the opportunities for a player to meet other players of all calibres and different strokes, without having to conform to strict rules of qualification and seeding entries.

But alas, my 2nd question is - does BAM have the brains to organize this badminton league? If India can do it, why can't we? Are we so myopic that the fact the china organized them because they see real opportunity for their junior players to get experience and to learn from playing against LCW, and or course a multitude of others? Likewise, in the same way, it is of great benefit to our stable of players (seen and unseen).
    Will BAM say, 'if profit cannot be guaranteed, we won't do it'?:confused::confused:

Nowadays, these 3 letter alphabets just seems to manufacture seeds of hot kettles blowing off steam and whistling away aka the sports fans, and they manufacture these kettles with great efficiency, I tell you. :mad:

To pave a way for a miracle kind of supportive thinking, let's pray that this is a prelude to storm. I say this is because, doldrums means inactivity, calm and nothing happens. Maybe, I just hope this is a prelude to a tsunami of talents to come. I want to say this is a miracle for XXXXXX people but for lack of a better word, I would just say this word is the same word that caused a ruckus in Solaris Dutamas, KL where police has to confiscate a certain artwork that contained this word.

#1501 Pakito, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You mean 'I for Ixxxx" one? Pity the artist, he meant A, they thought B

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    :) B i n g o

4. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  6. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Tan Aik Mong and Razif Sidek are the main towkays now. I like the idea of having players ranking
    as this will reward those who performs today and not in the past - will motivate players to strive
    harder since the selection door is always open.
    Good to know that TAM has set a 5 year target for success.

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Finally, someone with baddy knowledge to sit on the chair, and also who has not passed on to the other side. While Rexy has many more years to give at Indon, but over here on this side, we can only give thanks for seeing a step going forward in the direction which we had hoped aeons ago. Beggars are no choosers. But let's see if the top management mean what they say and let things happen by what they mean, for it's still too early to tell and count the eggs as of now.

8. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

Some comments to the new team of BAM...

Like to see more control in the finance to weed out VIPs families from making overseas holiday trips who have nothing to do with badminton what so ever.

Establish a local points system for each player in each category/age group for ranking, tournament seeding, competition etc. Eg. Elite team, Back Up, BJSS, U18, U16, U14, U12 state teams and clubs. TAM's IT experties to drive this project.

Like TAM & RS to protect whistle blowers who expose evidences on back-door entry with coffee money, favrouitism/nepotism, non-merit qualifications/trips, manipulation of draws etc.

Establish work ethics, code of conduct, transparency and professionalism to all coaches, players and employees of BAM and their members & associates/affiliates.

I dont like politicians to be the head or members of State Badminton Associations. I hope in the longer term, the BAM President can filter out the good guys from the devils in disguise.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    So far so good from what we hear what Tengku/TAM/RS are leading BAM. Maybe growing in MAS, I am always leery of why so-called leaders must have a 'Datuk' title in front of them to lead, whether in busiiness, political office and public owned entities. I can recalled endless list of failed projects lead by 'Datuk' and politicians, and cannot recall any project that are successfully lead by politicians in MAS. After the 10+ years of mismanagement by the previous board at BAM, I suppose it cannot be any more worse, or will it? Well, the proof is in the pudding, we shall see.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so far so good?
    rashid sidek said the ranking match is cancelled
    this and that
    so many drama like mca

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I have been reading the Stars and NST, and following what the media reported on Tengku and TAM/RS plans. Like I said, I am skeptical with Datuks/politicians running any public entities, talks are cheap and it is so easy to 'talk' but the 'walk' is a whole different thingie. I am not betting my penny that MAS baddy will get better or to world beaters as these chaps are aiming. But it can't be worse than the previous groupie run by the 3 clowns...but then 2 clowns are still there. Alamak!

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    TAM was in his 1st day at work. He deserves to be given a chance to right things up. So far, it sounds positive but given the past years of BAM mismanagement, we can't expect TAM to right the ship overnight. If Tengku lets TAM operate BAM, that alone is heading the right direction, IMO.
    Malaysians knew BAM is heading towards the ocean bottom like the Titanic, hopefully the boat has been found rusting away in the ocean floor and now slowly coming up to the surface, and takes time to restore to sail away...hopefully!
    MAS has 2 promising juniors, if the old BAM groupie is runing the show, these 2 juniors will sure be wasted. Maybe, TAM can do something...again, hopefully;)
    Tan Aik Huang is one of my 2 favorite MS players and I had watched countless live matches of TAH as I once was a young and good looking chap in KL:D, TAM I hope can lead MAS back to her glory days.
    Limsy, where did you heared RS said national ranking is out? The Star today quoted TAM saying that is on.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Totally agree on the bolded part. I would guess 3 to 4 years.

I wonder when an independent auditor will come in and examine the accounts ;) Just waiting for that little bombshell to come through.

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    TAM has 5 yrs timeline as he said so himself. I am thinking if TAM has a real rewarding career all along and when he should be retiring yet take up this stressful task, I give TAM the benefit of any doubts that he sincerely wants to do what's right and not strictly for the cash, but let's see (I am optimistic but pessimistic at the same time). If I am wrong about TAM, then it is all over again. But so far, as I read the media news, it sounds hopeful. I particularly like the 2 MS juniors. I saw ZZ played, I am not particularly thrilled about him, even though he won that big junior title.

Those clowns before TAM who have no playing qualifications/competence, no visions other than connections are there for the money and no surprise that BAM is what it is today. What is amazing is these chaps can stay on for so darn long with no accountability and continue to rule like a dictator. What idiots would push out Rexy who brought the gold in AE and AG? And look what Rexy did in INA in a very short period of time. Those clowns cannot even spot talents and they are entrusted with millions RM to run this organization. Simply amazing.

BTW, I did not hear of the independent auditor thingie. I have posted previously about where the millions went. The players salary (except for KKK/TBH, LCW) are pittance. How much are those clowns paid? I really want to know but I would not be surprised if the answer shock us, but I be naive if we ever would know anyway.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

The auditor was my idea:)

16. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

This is Malaysia we are talking about...when people in high places commit fraud, corruption or bribery, they get rewarded by being promoted to a different government agency so they can do it all over again.

Admitting wrongdoing is considered a weakness in Malaysia!

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    in newspaper of course,forget which one,haha

can i recommend myself to be the auditor?:D

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Post your resume.
    It's the BAM we are talking about.
    BAM cannot just anyhow employ any Tom, **** or Harry.:D

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not really motivated.:p
    beside,i need to choose between conscience and money:D

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

No need to choose as an auditor - just give the honest assessment and recommend areas for savings or more efficient use of finances. Nothing to do with conscience :)