Shame on the commentators for claiming LD vs CL was not played for real

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by galaxyduo, Aug 9, 2013.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    kwun and Cheung are very reasonable people. Although I say stupid things every now and then, I am still here!! ;)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we ban people for making multiple registrations, 3 in the case of madbinton845, and using 2 of them to discuss in this same thread.

we do not ban people who make reasonable arguments and voice their reasonable viewpoints. it is when people start to really misbehave and being unreasonable do we start considering the ban button.

this thread and the a/c thread is a testament to that. a lot of argument and counter arguments on both sides of the discussion. at times heated as well.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    couldn't agree more! they are just like us, ok well not just like me cos i know for a fact that kwun hits way harder than i, but they are in fact very reasonable people :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's because the A/C was off! :D

(oh boy i am gonna in so much trouble for saying that... ;) )

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Me too. I said even more stupid things and I am still here.;)

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    During the discourse between bc members it is natural to have opposing viewpoints and arguments back and forth. Afterall if everyone agrees it won't lend to interesting discussions.

However it is most important to discuss in a civil manner even if u disagree with the other's views.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    It is also important to state accurate facts, provide common-sense interpretation of them, and draw substantiated and reasonable conclusion.

All of us are human, so we are biased in different ways. Our work in doing the three things above is coloured by our culture, value, upbringing, education, everyday experience, newspaper we read, etc.

8. madbinton845

madbinton845 Regular Member

i didnt want to use my last account anymore. its an accident my browser remembered the username and password from old acccount, hence the error. i had to create a third account because you deleted my second account without informing me!

9. madbinton845

btw members its okay! but i would think administrator of a forum to be pretty neutral too like the commentators:rolleyes:
    just kidding!
    calling the world outright anti-chinese is civil and what i said isnt civil?! ok. sorry!

#149 madbinton845, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Multiple usernames is discouraged as a matter of etiquette amongst the forum, and also to enable sellers and buyers to have a history. In previous posts with your new username, you didn't state explicitly your previous username or that you wanted to change to the present one.

By this post earlier,
    , it seems that you still wanted to use the old username and the new one simultaneously....

#150 Cheung, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  11. madbinton845

sorry if i wasnt explicit, i requested kwun to delete my old account with reason as i cant do it myself. i dont want two accounts!

12. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    I was impartial before, I am quite convinced she is now....

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I downloaded the CCTV5 version of LD vs CL (in 1080i), and I have watched it a few times now. I think it is a very good match.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's sorted then:)

15. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    out of curiosity i would love to hear your explanation if you can please. i've been watching badminton only for a few years and have always enjoyed GC's commentating and it is possible that i watch it in a way that i discriminate of what she says, so when it's technical stuff i tune in and when it's her personal opinion i tune out. maybe that's why i have missed her biased comment?

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

GC said in the following matches that the pace of LD-CL's match was quite slow. And indeed it was.
    But that does not mean it was fixed. She also praised Rumbaka for having played slow to LCW, as a good tactic for someone slower then LCW. It is possible that CL had the same idea, though it was a bad one.
    It is also possible that CL just choked.
    What is also very possible is that the team applied its old rule : whoever won the first game take the match, so as to let the winner be fresh for the final.

17. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    No, LYB decided after the LD/NTM match for LD to win the semi and the world championship for the 5th time at whatever cost - shutting down a/c included.

18. thekong

thekong Regular Member

If LYB was such a prophet that he could so accurately predict that turning off the air-con (if that really happened), could benefit LD, than he could make a lot more money somewhere else, like the stock market!:rolleyes:

19. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    No. Go boleh in boleh land and keep finding excuses.

20. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    I have only been interested in badminton for a few years too. I started watching badminton games mostly commentated by GC (because they were in English). GC is a professional, I enjoy her commentating on the technical stuff and it helps me to understand the game more. Using the term anti-Chinese is not exactly most describing, it is really more anti-CHN teams. I am one of those that love to see teams from different countries going into the QF, SF and finals for tournaments. I find that exciting, because style of play and tactics used are so different from country to country. After listening to GC for a while, sometimes I find myself quite annoyed by her comments. Her tone got flat and sound bored? with the CHN teams even they were delivering good rallies or good shots. Her voice got notably louder and excited with any non-CHN teams. GC is also harsher with critics with the CHN teams. As Kwun pointed out in one of his comments, it could due to the tactics the China team employed sometimes. Regardless, I will still be tuning into games GC comments due to the language, plus, there are more teams from other countries in the finals of tournaments (UK, Germany, Denmark, Russia, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia....) her commenting should be more exciting.