The Talking Point: Air Conditioning!

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by gelee, Aug 11, 2013.

1. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

good now you know when someone lose N-th time that doesn't mean next time he definitely can not win :D

as I says when someone won the match with dignity and fair play there is no issue. just that simple.

I'm just interested to talk MSF WC 2013. There was too many issue there...
    I didn't knew other people but, In the old days I wasn't questioning LD won / LCW lost because in my eyes there was fair play so nothing to talked about. well thats when I was admired LD :(

2. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

oh yeah keep changing the temperature/AC statements. this is becoming joke :D :D
    do you think there were no one there?

volcom do you look in the mirror yourself?
    so this is about grammar now :p yes my english is not good so what LOL

I think its useless talk with the trolls, they keep deny open the eyes

the conspiracies is not gonna end...............................................................................

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Sorry, I didn't mean it. You are quite right in what you say.

I am a LCW fan.:)

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I think ppl (including TSB) try to mix up 2 things:
    1. Whether the air con was turned off;
    2. LCW's defeat. (Whether turning off of air con contributed to LCW's defeat. TSB explicitly declared so, LCW also hinted so (he's not as unconcerned as some of his fans claimed that LCW didn't give it a go and simply move on.)

1. If the air-con was really turned off and violate any rules or required practice, surely someone should be condemned.

2. We all know LCW suffered a cramp. We all experienced cramp one time or another playing sports for so many years. Cramp is not necessarily only caused by warm temperature. When we usually play outdoor soccer or basketball for hours under sunny and hot summer afternoon, normally we worry about hear stroke more than cramp. We experienced cramp even when playing soccer in cool winter. When we got cramp, normally we will blame ourselves having not enough warm-up, not trained enough, etc.
    And the question is, why LD not got cramp under the same temperature. I don't believe LD got special training to adapt to play in hot temperature, or otherwise he should have lost in previous round when the stadium is not hot enough.
    If the air con is turned off, i don't believe this guy turning off the a/c knew so well and so sure that LD will have a better endurance in hot temperature than LCW (a player grown up in the hot South East Asian country of Malaysia) in order to benefit LD. What if LD got cramp or heat stroke earlier than LCW.

Therefore claiming the loss was due to the heat (include TSB and LCW) is easily and reasonably considered as an excuse.

Insisting in finding out the truth whether the air con was turned off is ok. Yet whatever the outcome, claiming a/c contributes to LCW's defeat is never a good idea. I never heard a top tennis player playing in the heat of some grand slam claimed that only he/she affected by the heat but not his/her opponent. Only some European soccer players, who grow up in cool European cities, will say that he is not adaptable to hot SEA climate.

To conclude, yes it may be inappropriate if the a/c was really off, yet it is nothing to so with the final result, both players are in the same environment.

5. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    Can not agree more.

6. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

I don't understand why people are blaming LCW loss the the ac turned off ?
    Even some blaming LD for it ? Xd
    and if LCW didn't cramp he was still in with a chance to win it ..

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    kwun, you are the boss. But I do not agree.

I have always wondered why LD has barely any injury whilst LCW the opposite. I think LCW has much to learn from LD in this respect (and in many other respects).

Hopefully, LCW has learn his lesson this year.

8. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    when a room is colder... volume of air become higher... so the shuttle will move with higher resistance incolder room compare to room which has higher temp... in theory the shuttle move slower in colder room... to non professional players maybe room temp will not so effect to their game... but to pro players must take into the count... if the event was held outside of china or msia acc prob will not become an issue... just my scent

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Though your grammar and vocabulary are not the same level as some members but I think what you posted above make senses. Calling a spade a spade.

I like No.3. Do you expect CHN to tell the truth? Perhaps one day in the future.

North Korea and Mongolia? There may turn the heater off. Hey, aren't they CHN friendly?

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is ok to disagree. :)

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is the other way around. cold air shrinks (heat expand, cool shrinks). so the air is denser when cold. or less dense when hot.

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

To be honest, we sports players do not even treat cramp as an injury... just a sign either I don't have good warm-up or the body is already at his physical extreme. I wonder why a top player of this sport so easily reach this extreme without alerting himself and do something to prevent... our badminton players are so in-professional???

When WX suffered a real injury at OG12 bronze medal match, she still managed to win the last few point to close up G1 at 21:18, as well as won the 1st point of G2 before she really had to retired...

One of my previous coach said, there are times that mental state will lead to easier cramp suffering... simply because your nervousness will affect your muscle, i trust many people have the experience that he could not help but keeping shivering when feeling extremely nervous. Such irregularity of muscle reaction, if happen at the moment that the muscles are also required to do high intensity exercise, could easily lead to cramp. This is not impossible in happening to LCW considering his past history of facing LD on major competitions.... And also, cramping is easier to happen during exercise in a cool environment if the exercise is not continuos (that will lead to the muscles experience cool down and heat up and therefore easier to be cramped than a warmer environment).

So TSB / LCW should also let us know the truth of what really caused the cramping instead of just simply blaming to the heat.

And more unbelievable is that, BAM launch a complaint to BWF by citing GC's saying during her commentary that "the A/C is turned off" as evidence???!!!

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

players can learn how to prevent cramp here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cramp

One of the prevention method is "mental preparation".

The rest should be basic knowledge for any professional athletes...

#434 Jonc108, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    another thing that bothered me is how LCW handled his cramp. from the video, he seems to be having a hamstring cramp. the medic was spraying on his hamstrings on both sides. and he was also touching it there.

however, his action as he was getting a cramp was not correct. the best thing to get rid of any cramp (at least temporarily) is to stretch the muscle. learn it if you don't know it already. stretch it. it maybe slightly difficult to do, or slightly more painful, but once you manage to stretch it, the cramp will go away immediately. that works for me every time. another thing to do is to massage it. if LCW had done that, he might be able to last a few more rallies.

but instead he squatted, which is exactly the opposite of what he should've done.

he should have sat on the floor with his legs straight, and then lean forward to stretch both his hamstring and glutes. by squatting, he risked (and it did) making the cramp come back.

i am surprised he didn't know that, it seems like he was never taught how to handle cramps.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I thought LCW might have pull his hamstring in G1 at 00:32:50 to 00:33:20

[video=youtube;a64pWiUtgJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a64pWiUtgJQ[/video]

Maybe he didn't want to stretch his hamstring for aggravating it.

#436 pcll99, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Or maybe, just maybe, the air cond issue is just overused by some fella here.

Still, didn't able to provide comfortable environment for players and audiences is unprofessional.

18. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    i think your understanding of your cramp is not same as his... i didn't get how can u compare your game condition with his... those guys played in extremely condition from top to the bottom of the body, from inside to the outside of the body... we cant say LCW body condition was same as LD while final... maybe after game with DPY, LCW had achieve his limit of the body, maybe he got very tiny injury while the game... who knows... LD and china players trained so many days in that hall where they can set many condition (such as no acc) as their training programme... when LYB surprised, the only China win the game only on their men single, they can do anything and everything to win the game... u see what i meant... that is why at my above comment, this air conditioner problem will not be an issue if the game was held in other countries

19. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Last night at the club, I lost a game by a close margin. I tried to reason with my opponent that the AC was shut off in the midst of the game and I would not accept the result. They laughed, then walked off the court..... :mad:

Thank you for reading my story of the day.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Did you have a game with DuPY at 11:15pm the night before? :D