The Talking Point: Air Conditioning!

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by gelee, Aug 11, 2013.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

A great move to evoke sympathy and help spread excuses to fuel rumors and what not's.
    Frankly it help dour the moment as he does not need to observe another celebratory performance after his victory.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Quite frankly no matter how much sour grapes or wine, the whiners take... we all know where the WC MS trophy belongs to yet again :D and nothing can change the fact :D...
    And they are realistically seeing that their chances of taking the title is getting slimmer and slimmer each year with the physical ability of their star fading as he faces the terror that is called "Age".

All this outrage reminds me of the US showing disapproval in other nations poll results cos the parties that they conspired against actually won. e.g. Zimbabwe

Word of advice is to wait and see what happens next year WC :D

#382 volcom, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    hm...when the main point was to discuss whether the a/c was off or not, and when and why the a/c was off, are now successfully divert to LCW not gentleman enough to play the last point....due to injury, while certain country does not even have the courage to step into the court to play, giving walkover to own counterpart, are not even mentioned at all....as our boss trying hard to save his idol
    with advocates singing along...

btw, LCW still beside the court, when someone did the victory performance don't he????
    LCW did try to play few points when he suffers cramp but at 17-19, the pain might be too unbearable...
    it will make LD like a fool, if LCW choose to play with just standing and LD serve to get his last point....

4. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    the moderator should seriously consider to close this thread.
    pointless to continue arguing.

5. danielwong

Salesman
    I am a Malaysian and I am proud of it....and I can take the lost and we can wait....
    I knew LD will most probably win it...even I voted him....
    the trophy truly belongs to LD...but now the point are the air cond off?
    why the air cond are off and when the air cond are off??
    China are so confident and I trust most are confident enough that LD will nailed it this time
    then why off the air cond? the question are raised by not only Malaysian but others....
    sour grapes are hard to swallow, but I digested it long time and many times in fact
    but with this controversial call, i think the fans deserve the right to know about the actual
    situation....

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

And what will people do when the justification of the A/C situation is does not go according to what they believe? Of course keep arguing etc.
    I think it is just not easy to swallow the fact that LD won coming back from nearly a years lay off when his fitness should have really deteriorated.
    Or the fact that is was the greatest ever opportunity for LCW to win the WC and to be able to win by beating LD.
    These fans they say are so quick to presume LCW would have won if the Aircon was on the whole time when there is 0 facts to back up these preposterous assumptions.
    But of course anything to take the shine off a greatly fought will be a victory for these fans.

It's like saying DPY would have won if the aircond was turned off when he was on the opposite side to LCW in game 2 of the semis :)

7. danielwong

Salesman

trolls will continue.....LD haters or LCW haters will take this chance to downgrade each other...up to one to take the bait and feed the trolls
    meantime, LCW alreay moved on....so whoever choose to debate further, enjoy!!!:cool:

Chong Wei back in training

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei began his first day of training – albeit a light session – at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara Thursday.
    This is to show that he’s ready to move on from the disappointment of his controversial loss at the World Championships in Guangzhou on Sunday.
    Chong Wei went down in the final to his nemesis Lin Dan of China 21-16, 13-21, 17-20 (rtd) in an anti-climactic ending, which saw the top seed struggling to find his footing, especially in the second game, when the air-conditioner was allegedly switched off.
    The Badminton World Federation (BWF) Thursday denied that the air-conditioner had been switched off during the match.
    Towards the last few points at the end of the final, a dehydrated Chong Wei suffered cramps on his quadriceps and stomach, thus forcing him to throw in the towel.
    The defeat handed Lin Dan a record fifth world title, which makes him the greatest player in the series.
    Although the defeat – his 23rd in 32 meetings with Lin Dan – was a bitter pill to swallow, national singles coach Tey Seu Bock said that “Chong Wei has decided to move on and focus on his preparation for the Japan Open (from Sept 17-22)”.
    “He requested to train today and went through a light session, polishing up his skills. He’s feeling much better now,” said Seu Bock.
    “We have accepted the defeat. There were some issues with the air-conditioning but we’ve decided to put all that behind us.
    “The immediate task is the Japan Open and, of course, it will be part of our preparations for other major tournaments (next year’s All-England, Asian Games, Thomas Cup Finals and World Championships).”
    Chong Wei, who will turn 31 in October, is still the nation’s best hope for honours as the others, like Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng, are nowhere near his standard.
    While Daren and Wei Feng have yet to reach the semi-finals of any Super Series tournaments this year, Chong Wei has bagged four titles – Malaysian Open, Korean Open, India Open and Indonesian Open.
    At the World Championships, Wei Feng went down to Lin Dan in the third round while Daren lost at the same stage to Chen Long, also of China.
    Both the back-up shuttlers are competing in the US$1mil (RM 3.27mil) Indian Badminton League (IBL) in New Delhi.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/08/15/Chong-Wei-back-in-training.aspx

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Good for him as it showed that the injury was not anything more serious than a cramp thank goodness :D...
    Meanwhile TSB keeps his easiest job of being a Public Relations Manager while LCW trains hard. :D

9. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    I dont understand why China is hell bent on disgracing themselves despite being so capable.... Jiang Yangjiao gives a bye so not to meet LXR. And now this... I dont know if these things are deliberate on their part but they certainly have become like the boy who cries wolf... Nobody believes them even if they saying the truth... I guess it serves them right....

10. danielwong

Salesman
    These fans might be some fans, but not me and most as well, i voted LD...and i really respect LD, since he can win even after a year of rest, this shows how great a player he is...
    the most bitter pill are WC London when LD came back from behind and won, and subsequently OG2012......
    given such a great resume of LD over LCW.....the question of LC beating with LCW again will not raise..
    just look at the poll.......with such a confidence, is very clear cut, LD will do it again and he did it...
    the questions are, who created these hiccup at the first place? who gave the fans chance to argue??
    for me, CHN are good enough to win MS, air cond issue should not have happened at the first place...

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

CBA is equivalent of the BCCI (Indian Cricket Board) in Cricket :)

The ICC is powerless against the wrath of BCCI just like BWF is against CBA :D

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Agreed even though the recent matches between them at majors have been close..l. I think LCW has been scarred ever since the WC 2011 come from behind that his belief is not where it should be.

13. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

yes the players you mention above can win against their respective opponents but when they lose, I dont see people purposely desperately find an excuse about the light, the AC, the line, the net, the shuttlecock, the racquet, the stomach, the toenail for their failure.. So why all this particularly only applies to LD vs LCW? Oh no, my mistake. It only applies to when LCW lost, am I right?
    Dont get me wrong, I wanted LCW to win more than LD. I was so sad he couldnt finish the match and win it. Its just that I dont get it when all these people start finding all sorts of reason to his lost except that LD is just a little bit better in handling the whole situation on that DAY. Its not like LCW went down 21-0 21-0. He lost by abit and he deserves honourable applause.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Rashid Sidek has the easiest job, not TSB, TSB still need to run around. Rashid can sit there & yawn, high salary some more as chief singles coach :D

15. volcom

volcom Regular Member

That is utterly ridiculous.... nepotism at its finest that RS can still do as he pleases. :D

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton World Federation (BWF) have dismissed suggestions that the air-conditioners were switched off during the men’s singles final between Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan of China at the World Championships in Guangzhou.

The world body said in a statement Thursday, after a discussion with the China Badminton Association (CBA) and Local Organising Committee (LOC), that the air-conditioners were never switched off although one source revealed that the temperature had soared from 27°C to 32°C during the final.

On that eventful Sunday, Lin Dan defeated Chong Wei in the final but it was noted that the temperature rose drastically in the second game.

Due to the humid condition and unbearable heat, a dehydrated Chong Wei suffered from cramps and retired before the match was completed.

The BWF statement went on to say that “during the finals, the temperature in the venue rose throughout the evening, but it was particularly noted during the men’s singles final”.

“BWF enquired about the air-conditioning system during the men’s singles final and also post-tournament. The LOC confirmed that the air-conditioners in the venue were not turned off at any time during the finals, though they were set on low right from the beginning of the day (Sunday),” said the statement.

“However, due to the increase in the number of spectators on the final day – particularly during the men’s singles match – the temperature went up and the venue became hotter.”

Although BWF president Poul-Erik Hoyer and chief operating officer Thomas Lund were seen sweating profusely that day due to the heat, they seem to have accepted China’s explanation without any fuss.

That’s why Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary Ng Chin Chai finds it hard to accept their explanation.

The BAM had sent an official letter Thursday seeking an explanation on the humid condition during the men’s singles final.

Chin Chai said that they wanted to know what went wrong (with the air-conditioning system) during the final.

“We sent a letter to Thomas Lund, the China BA and the tournament referee. The live commentator (Gillian Clark) stated that the air-conditioners were turned off and the Malaysian media picked on it. We wanted them (BWF, China BA and the referee) to advise us on what actually transpired,” said Chin Chai.

“We wanted the BWF to investigate. Now, we have been enlightened by the statement from the organisers.

“I was present at the stadium and I find it hard to accept their explanation.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/08/15/China-denies-aircond-switchoff.aspx

This should be the article Limsy was refering to

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Nice way of keeping his job and make it look like he';s gonna do something about it other thank talking cock to keep fans happy. :D

18. danielwong

Salesman
    BAM or NCC need to answer the failure of WC to Sports Council....need excuses, i think

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I thought our sport minister khairy jamaludin said he will investigate things around and take corrective actions? How is it now?:rolleyes:

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yeah, I was quite surprise when LD celebrated his victory when LCW was literally on his knees.