Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Legendary shuttler Taufik Hidayat bids farewell to fans

[​IMG]

JAKARTA: Legendary Indonesian shuttler Taufik Hidayat bade a tearful goodbye to his loyal fans and his country's badminton association (PBSI) on Sunday at the end of a 17-year-long spectacular professional career.

"After 25 years of playing badminton, in which 17 years (were) as a professional player in national and international tournaments, this time is probably the best time for me to retire," a teary-eyed Taufik said in front of hundreds of spectators at the Istora Senayan Stadium before the Indonesian Open Super Series Premier finals, reports Xinhua.

"This is an emotional moment for me. I want to thank the sport's stakeholders who have been backing me all this time."

Taufik handed over a badminton racquet to a young Indonesian player, symbolizing regeneration and expectation that his good example can be followed by young players at home.

"On behalf of PBSI and people of Indonesia, I thank you for your dedication and contribution. There is no such former champion. Once a champion always a champion," PBSI chairman Gita Wirjawan said.

[​IMG]

Taufik was sent into retirement after being defeated by India's unseeded B. Sai Praneeth in the first round of the tourney earlier this week. Taufik was ranked 35 in the world at the time of his retirement.

The 31-year-old won many international championships during his 17-year career. Taufik won two men's singles gold medals in Asian Games in 2002 Busan, South Korea and 2006 Doha, Qatar. The highlight of his career was winning the gold in the 2004 Athens Olympics.

After winning in Athens, he also went on to become World Champion in 2005 in Anaheim, United States. In the Asian Championships, Taufik won gold in 2000, 2003 and 2004.

The former World No. 1 won the Indonesia Open six times between 1999 and 2006. He also helped Indonesia win gold in 1999 Asian Team Cup and Thomas Cup in Kuala Lumpur 2000 and Guangzhou 2002.

Throughout his brilliant career, Taufik has been an arch-rival to Malaysian World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan of China.

"We were good friends. I hope that Taufik can do the best for badminton and for his country," said Lee Chong Wei, who went on to win the title Sunday.

Taufik now plans to focus on his badminton academy called the Taufik Hidayat Arena situated in Ciracas, East Jakarta.

The futuristic-designed building is built on 6,600 square metres of land area, providing complete training sessions including accommodation for talented shuttlers from around the world. It has eight international-standard-sized badminton courts.

Many players from China, Singapore, Japan, Canada and Mexico have undergone intensive training sessions in the academy under the supervision of Taufik and his team.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

does anyone know that if TH is actually retried as the last WC lists (dated 10 June) shown that he is qualified to play.

will he go?

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

does anyone know that if TH is actually retried as the last WC lists (dated 10 June) shown that he is qualified to play.

will he go?

5. jasontyh

jasontyh Regular Member

Engineer
    good say
    good refresh

6. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    No, I don't think he'll go even if he's qualified

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A video tribute to Taufik Hidayat produced by Djarum Badminton. Must watch. :)

[video=youtube;bsxiVvqT2Aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxiVvqT2Aw[/video]

8. visor

visor Regular Member

9. fnaibaf

fnaibaf Regular Member

[video=youtube;Lt_85m9OOs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt_85m9OOs0[/video]

Anyone translated/can translate this?

10. demhyt

demhyt New Member

After 25 years play badminton and 17 years as professional player, today I decide to retire from professional badminton player. Maybe I'm not talk too much and thank you....(taufik say his best gratitude for badminton fans, sponsor, coach, family and everyone support his when he is playing). And in the last taufik give the legacy in Indonesia junior badminton player....it's the rough translation about his final speech in istora senayan...

11. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Taufik countless trophies~
    awesome

@
    Taufik Hidayat Surprise Party, June 20th 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Some of those trophies look really beautiful! :)

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik Pledges to Stay in Badminton at Surprise Party

By Ami Afriatni on 7:38 pm June 20, 2013
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/taufik-pledges-to-stay-in-badminton-at-surprise-party-2/

Excerpts:

...“The journey never stops. Though I do not play anymore, I will dedicate my life to help develop badminton, especially for Indonesia. I want to see the country’s badminton regain its supremacy in the future and I want to be part of it,” the 32-year-old told guests attending a surprise party organized by his family and friends on Wednesday night.

...“Rexy is back home now. We have a new hope for badminton, and I wish to be a part of it,” said Taufik, for whom last week’s Indonesia Open was his final one as a player.

Rexy indicated PBSI was likely to offer Taufik a post in athlete development.

“We will for sure offer him. But for now, let him enjoy his holiday first,” Rexy said.

If Taufik takes up the offer, the PBSI will have four Olympic champions onboard: Susi Susanti, Rexy and former partner Ricky Subagdja, and Taufik.

Taufik’s mother-in-law Linda Gumelar, a government minister, read out a story posted on the Internet about two Pakistani boys living in a small village outside Islamabad who hope to one day play at Taufik Hidayat Arena, the badminton training center opened recently in Jakarta.

“Taufik, whether you realize it or not, you have inspired and motivated many kids, not only from Indonesia but also all around the world. We are proud to have you, son. Keep fighting,” Linda said in her speech.

Taufik’s father, Aris Haris used the occasion to present to his son a diary he had kept since Taufik was 10.

The diary tells stories about how the 2005 World Champion fought to become a badminton star, including traveling four days a week to Bandung, 40 kilometers from his home in Pangalengan, to practice badminton.

“I never tried to push him to play badminton. He wanted it. I just told him ‘if this is what you really want, you have to give your best,’ he agreed and I supported him all the way,” Aris said. “What I have been dreaming of is to see him as a successful person. Not like me, a farmer from a small town. God gives him more than we have expected. I’m proud of him. I wish him the best of luck in his life.”

14. Vaido

Vaido Regular Member

hope that fans and moderator don't mind for little "commercial" information from Solibad auction...
    http://www.solibad.net/

not sure that there will be much more Taufik rackets available... he was playing with it some times ago (last year, 2012)... I think that somewhere in Europe Raphael got it from Taufik specially for Solibad fundraising auction... racket bag is signed so you can still play with it without ruining signature:)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281122606758

had uploaded thousands of badminton matches videos/files to internet during the years and from statistic I always saw that Taufik isn't just my favourite... his matches got always the most download hits, never mind he won or lost...

15. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

[h=1]Taufik Racket Up For Charity Auction[/h]http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/taufik-racket-up-for-charity-auction/

[​IMG]
    The racket Indonesian shuttler Taufik Hidayat played with in some of his 2012 tournaments has been put up for a charity auction. (Photo Courtesy of SoliBad)

Even though Indonesian veteran shuttler Taufik Hidayat officially said goodbye to fans and retired from international competitions last week following the Indonesia Open, he is still giving back to the game that made him a star.

As a part of his commitment to the sport, Taufik gave the racket he used during some of his 2012 matches to Solidarity and Badminton (SoliBad), an organization aimed at pulling together human and financial resources to raise funds through the badminton community and beyond to help small-scale projects.

The racket will be put up for auction, and the money will go toward SoliBad’s future projects in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brazil.

Solibad reported that an initial bid of $75 was placed on the racket just a few seconds after the auction was publicized on eBay. The current highest bid is at $255. http://www.ebay.com/itm/281122606758

The auction will end on June 26.

16. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Surprise Party for Taufik

Organized by : His family, PBSI, and friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taufik junior
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pics thanks to https://twitter.com/putrategar2709

17. speedyambarish

speedyambarish Regular Member

[video=youtube;Lt_85m9OOs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt_85m9OOs0[/video]

EDIT: Oops, sorry, had not realised that someone else posted it already.

18. julianng

julianng Regular Member

is that rudy hartono on the left of the first picture ?? or center of the second picture ???

anyone know ??

19. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Left person in 1st pic is Eddy Hartono, bronze medal of Olympic 1992 with Rudy Gunawan, and person in the center in 2nd pic is father of Taufik?

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    1st pic looks more like Eddy Hartono. The 2nd picture might be his parents.