Li-Ning Singapore Open SS 2013 - Day 4 Quarterfinals (Friday, 21st June)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by kelana, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i guess he is only guessing!

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i wonder how proud cba will be with badminton get slandered by their fancy.
    1,everyone try to lose early because of haze
    2,we can win anything if we want but we generously let go a few to beggar

i love badminton,but there is too much insult to badminton.

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Some people have the impression that if a good player loose in early rounds, it is because it is fixed in some ways. Well, we have seen fixed results in the past! But also we were lead by LCW that good players should win at every tournament they play, without having lows and highs... But LCW is exceptional. Other players will underperfom regurlarly

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It is interesting to see that people trying to say that their chinese players lose "deliberately" for the welfare of the badminton and those who strongly opposes the opinion will be considered as "anti-chinese fans".. Lol.. Great creativitly.. :rolleyes:

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Well for one, I'll agree to one point from JustinL, that the bald one himself might not place any major target on any the SS tourney. Having said that, not having any target and telling his player to deliberately lose isn't exactly the same. Not to mention do you really think the chinese player will prefer to lose? Even if they don't face the wrath of LYB directly, losing to lower rank player can't be good for their overall standing in the National team.

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Language matter: First/Second/Foreign Language and Inferior Motives

As matter of facts here:

1. The FIRST nature: English is NOT the First Language for many BCers, and to many not even the Second Language but just the FOREIGN language! Unless they come from English-speaking countries and/or ex-colonies of British Empire (the Commonwealth countries), most probably English is just the foreign language for him/her.
    Consequently when the selection of words or phrases used are such subtle or sophisticated then possibility for a misunderstanding or misconception may arise! Occasionally this kind of mishap does happen!

The bad things are once the outburst does happen, it's no longer important to verify the earlier FACTS. One simply does not feel compelled to check & recheck the facts.

2. The SECOND nature, some particular BCers just love to jump in to stir up the misconception. I suspect some may deliberately create wrong understanding or perception in order to create hard feeling to draw in the other party to side with them to intentionally attack the target groundlessly!

I do differentiate between teasing other to have some fun AND inferior motive to hurt other feeling unnecessary!

I myself occasionally do the teasing but i at best try to avoid attacking other unprovokedly.

After all we are all being here for fun and more importantly because we all love badminton!

Nevertheless by just paying close attention, one may identify the kind of commotion stirrer, which regrettably I believe do exist here!

To such characters, I will say you may disguise once, twice or few more times, but eventually BCers here will notice your inferior motives from your many dirty traces and footprints!!!

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    limsy, with all respects, who is the CBA spokesperson here that inform you such ideas? Where do you get those lines from? Would you mind to quote your source if any.

#207 kelana, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

couldn't put it any better myself, literally!

9. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

To be clear, LYB only said he won't set any targets on these two SS tournaments. the CHN players will still go all out to win the championship if they were in good form. What he means is that he can accept bad results because he think most of his players are not in good shape recently and tired. (nearly every CHN player had to play the national games qualifying matches just before IND PSS)

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, some people are so fixated on Lin Dan as to make it a fetish - the best they could do is to harp on the 'cold water incident'. And when Lin Dan withdrew from the INA PSS and SIN SS, they wasted no time to call him names, yet when other players follow suit, eg IR, Sony, Simon,etc, the same nitwits are silent as if they've suddenly turned mute. Pathetic hypocrites.

Apparently, they are two kinds of critics of Lin Dan. First is the genuine ones who are really disappointed that Lin Dan withdrew and they couldn't see him play. The second are those who couldn't care less about Lin Dan and only want an excuse to bash him.

Ah, I just noticed a couple of persons who are still purposely quoting the phrase 'let go' out of context and continuing to muddy the waters to draw more people into the quarrel, troublemakers that they are.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose you mean INA (Indonesia) PSS, not IND (India).

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

If ROW do think this is an insult, work further harder. LYB did say that his players worked harder than ROW, so they deserve to be the current winners of all categories in WC, OG and world team events...

think this is a much bigger insult? Swallow it or be capable to kick China team's a_s in future WC, OG and team events.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agree,same goes for me. Reflecting on what kelana said, it appears that the quarrel started from a misunderstanding but it does reveal quite a lot on certain BCers here. Indeed,there is a big difference between badminton enthusiasts/lovers and badminton fans, esp those based solely on countries and players.

14. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    A Clear Distinction between the QUOTED idea/opinion and One's Own

dieter_spath and all BCers as well,

just a kind reminder, please kindly always make sure when you write, to clearly identify which one is the QUOTED info/idea/opinion AND which one is YOUR OWN idea/opinion :p i do remember this matter because once my professor did put a distinctive remark in my paper to remind me not to mix or blur the quoted ideas (incl. excerpt) with my own :D

not to say that you had done such obscurity... just a kind reminder

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Yes there is a "general" positive progress in other countries as you like to say.

Yet look at MS of the ROW, could you name one that really have a remarkable progress that could consistently be in the same level as Chen Long?

I don't see China stuck. Same as the last 10 years, China only have LD at the top, the rest like BCL, CJ, ... were just like DPY, WZM, CYK...

Don't forget that China also has the upcoming XS and THW. I can't find another country has the same depth. So if China like this is still regarded as "stuck", how would you describe the ROW?

#215 Jonc108, Jun 21, 2013
  16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Players are there to play badminton with their full conscience to win and make their nation proud.

When chinese players lost to unseeded players or any other opponent, then some irresponsible comments arises from their fans which really get criticisms.
    One of these reasons include " China never considers these tournaments seriously (That even includes prestigious "All England" etc .. :rolleyes:).

My question is " Do they really consider other country players as human beings??"

If they did not perform well and lost to unseeded player, Is that mean they did not consider these tournaments seriously..?? Lol

Those who strongly opposes these "incredible" views are given so many names such as Troublemakers/anti-chinese fans etc etc.. Lol:rolleyes:

If a player is lost, he/she is lost. . Meaning: The unseeded/lower ranked opponent had played much better than the seeded player on that particular day.. That should be the case. Then where are these kind of reasons arises from.. Even if Li Yongbo did not say anything, the some of "die-hard" fans of Li Yongbo goes for some of the hypothetical reasons and get criticisms from all over the place..

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friend, good question. Opinions are not facts. Therefore we always have to ask:"Where is the evidence?".

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    did i said china player doesnt work hard?:rolleyes:
    did i said china player doesnt deserve to be OG,WC, SC/UC/TC winner?
    yawn

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Someone really has double standards. When his beloved players, like Saina, lost, he would find every reason like "too tired"... etc to explain and strongly against any unfavorable comments and even call those with opposite comments as "trollers". When his hated players like Chinese players lost, their fans' comments trying to brainstorm their reasons of loss will be called "incredible" and try to hammer down these comments with discrediting comments.... Lol, what a world...

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

#220 Justin L, Jun 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.