Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2013 - Day 5: Quarterfinals (14th June)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by Fidget, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

2. cwjx94

cwjx94 Regular Member

Student
    looking at the draw for MD, anyone wanting/hoping for Setiawan/Ahsan v Kido/Chandra? I personally find the potential clash between ex partners really interesting

3. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Luckily they put the best matches on court1 for tv-coverage, that´s really nice!!

MD: Yoo/Shin coming back strongly and should beat ina, looking forward to MA/HS vs Cai/Fu, very close one, i pick the chinese, Adcock/Ellis over the Russians imo and Ko/Lee should beat the japanese.
    MS: Du, LCW, Zwiebler and Sugiarto will make it to the SF I believe
    WS: Saina, Li X, Schenk and YYP will survive imo
    MX: Two Chinese along with two Ina is my pick. I hope for a 3 set thriller between MAS and Tantowi/Lilyiana
    WD: I have this ugly feeling that this is going to be a all Chinese afair :/

4. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Don't know if they put all the best matches on court one ... The german-Taipei clash sounds really exciting!

5. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

For WD, I believe Polii has winning chance against BYX/CS. :)

6. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

For XD, I think JF/CP should win against Indonesia No2 XD. The key will be winning the front net play to create chance for their Man to smash. :)

7. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

For WS, I hope Indonesia Bella can ride on home crowd support to win against an improving YPY. Go Bella, give your home fans something to cheer on in SF by winning your QF. ;)

8. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Most of Indonesian players today will face "great wall" of China, and seems that most of them will end their journey in IND SSP today. Only Hendra/Ahsan and Greys/Nitya has a slim chance to go to SF, beside TS and Rijal/Debby who face other country.

9. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Bella said that she prefer to meet YPY rather than MM. I hope that Bella can enjoy the game, and not really think about the end result since she is nothing to loose in this tournament. QF result for her is beyond our expectation.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

[TABLE="class: ruler matches, width: 0"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #FDFDFD"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"][TABLE="width: 0"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]Tzu Ying TAI [8][/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"][TABLE="width: 0"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Juliane SCHENK [4][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I think this is probably my pick of the matches

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think Bella will take down Yippy. Yippy blows hot and cold. Since she's been hot, it's time for her melt down

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's going to be a trial by fire for DPY who will be up against home beloved Hayom. Conversely, it will also be Hayom's big trial here -can he finally deliver on the expectations that his undoubted talents demand?

Hendra and Ahsan have nothing to lose against the giants of WD, CY/FHF. The Chinese however, need to prove to themselves they haven't slacked off after their huge achievements.

Saina has not been in the best of form, and is still nowhere near her peak; many of her midcourt hits could be easily put away for winners by any of the Chinese top 3, but she managed to get by Sayaka Takahashi, aided somewhat by that girl's impatience and at times, overconfidence. Overall, Saina has been undercooked and unimaginative. She has sterner tests ahead for sure.

MJ/TJH vs Pia/Rizky wil all boil down to whether Pia can counter MJ, and Pia was not in the best of form yesterday. The INA pair will need to be at the top of their game to moutn any challenge to the Chinese pair. Besides, TJH is growing in stature with each passing game. She and BYX are the future of Chinese WD, in my eyes.

LXR vs BYJ can provide the best possible WS match of the tournament so far. Can LXR overcome the left-hander's hoodoo that is beginning to follow her everywhere? Maybe a phone chat with Elder Sister is due!

Just like Hayom, it is now that Ajay Jayaram can seize the moment or let it slide forever. He has the talent and the tools to go much further than he has so far, just like his opponent MZ. So, who will carpe the diem?

In all the noise and confusion, Juliane has been stealthily moving up under the radar, true to her seeding, but she now faces an unpredictable force of nature in Tai Tzu Ying. Order or chaos -only one can prevail.

So many players will need to introspect deeply and come up with the right answers before the quarter-finals get underway!

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MS QF
    Du Pengyu
    [3] vs Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka - surprise surprise, the H2H is 2-0 to Hayom with the most recent victory achieved at the AE 2012. It will be considered an upset if Hayom can beat Du now, as Du has improved over the past 1 year.

Gurusaidut R.M.V. vs Tommy Sugiarto - Tommy lost in the previous encounter just 2 months ago in India SS. I hope he can avenge his loss to make it to another SS SF.

WS QF
    Yip Pui Yin vs Bellaetrix Manuputty - Bella can certainly beat Hak Mui and she has been in a good form this week.

MD QF
    Mohd Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun [5] - the match of the day and Ahsan/Hendra need to be at their best to beat the reigining World and Olympic champions, who still have the slight edge.

Shin Baek Cheol/Yoo Yeon Seong
    [8] vs Markis Kido/Alvent Yulianto Chandra - the Korean pair to win but I am hoping for an upset yet again by Kido/Alvent.

WD QF
    Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang
    [1] vs Anneke Feinya Agustine/Della Destiara Haris - the World No 1 to take this one comfortably.

Ma Jin/Tang Jinhua [4] vs Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth/Rizki Amelia Pradipta [7] - ditto for this one...the CHN pair to win.

Bao Yixin/Cheng Shu [8] vs Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari - with the support of the home crowd, this match is undoubtly INA's best chance of beating a CHN WD pair. I hope Grace/Nitya can deliver.

XD QF
    Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei
    [3] vs Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili - a learning experience for Riky/Richi ahead of the WC and I hope they can stretch the Olympic champion to at least 3-sets.

Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto [8] vs Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [4] - the H2H is 1-1 and let's see whether Rijal/Debby can perform in front of the home crowd. The Danish pair still has a slight edge.

Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [5] vs Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir [2] - Owi/Butet have been unconvincing this week and expectation is high on them to win the title.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I also hope to see the talented Carolina in action.

I must say INA players are enjoying the support of home fans (unfortunately Sony is a rare exception) and have been doing relatively well.

Looks like the INA supporters are having a roaring time!

#14 Loh, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    There is a resurgence of good performances from the INA squad - so the PBSI shakeup has done a lot of good so far. Still long way to go, though.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    When is BAM's turn coming???

17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

bella vs yippy or Rijal/Debby vs Danes match are much more interesting than that 1st MD macth on tv court, IMO

18. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"][TABLE]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]Carolina MARIN[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"][TABLE]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Saina NEHWAL [2][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    A good match to see whether Carolina can keep pace with a world class WS player.

19. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This photo is already two days old, but I'll just leave this here :D
    Very nice. It was taken at the welcome dinner after the first round on tuesday at the Golden Ballroom Sultan Hotel.

8676__625x_20130611_1940_indonesiaopen2013_yves5615.jpg

#19 speedyJT, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Agree, home pair Nitya/Greys has good chance here. Bao YX/Cheng S is the weakest compared with the other 3 CHN pairs, Wang XL/Yu Y, Ma J/Tang JH and the Olympic Champion Tian Q/Zhao YL.