2013 SWISS Open GP Gold - Qualification to FINAL (12th - 17th March 2013)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by CLELY, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I was written down "2nd stringers" in draft, then erased that. :cool:

think again, it's not polite to call anyone '2nd stringers' especially they are probably not.

in men's double, Chai Biao / Hong Wei should be the best not only inside China team, but also in the world. That's the main reason I stroked out "2nd stringers"

In men's singles, WZM should be at the same level as CL, unfortunately, WZM has not showed his full at international tournaments.

In women's singles, Intanon has been extremely strong in China club competitions, Lu Lan is strong too. Unfortunately, WSX, LXR, WYH are not.

In mixed double, neither Zhang Nan/Zhao YL, nor Xu Chen/Ma Jin have been solid in China club competitions, both of them lost a lot to local provincial pairs. Saying that, Zhang Nan / Tang JH should be one of the best now China national team can offer.

2. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Rats, on a cold winter's day in March, May has not arrived yet :(.

3. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Off topic, but still on Switzerland, Christian Roux has some incredibly amazing videos.

[video=youtube;bwCIZmLdoN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwCIZmLdoN0[/video]

4. Higher

Higher Regular Member

Is this the WSX Ver.2.0 ???
    Still to early to say.

However, despite all the critics given to her, mostly from her fans, her hard work (for so long!!!) come together with self belief in order to prove herself that she is not finished yet, has led her to a new hope for the better future.

Congrats to WSX for the title !!!

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

No i don't think. Intanon flags in the final of one really tough tournament never mind 2 in a row. LXR thanks obviously to the amazing china training programs, can do 2 tournaments winning no problem, different class of conditioning.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Give a break:rolleyes:. Don't be so so happy for what chinese(badminton superpowers) have done in Swiss Open 2013 . Nevermind to remember about what happened in All England(Women's singles never crossed quarterfinals of ALL ENGLAND history). Indians are doing extremely well nowadays:). Its a matter of time , definitely they will come up soon:) .

Badminton is not at all a enthusiastic sport in India:(. I am happy with the way indians are playing nowadays:).

Our world No '2' ranked player never disappointed us by reaching either quarters or semifinals in the tournaments which were held in 2013. But World No '1' and world '3' both the WS players from China knocked out of the tournaments in the first round itself (Don't need to mention the name of the tournament):D . SO, With the background we have in badminton, we are proud now that we are proving ourselves :).

7. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than bait people to react?
    Its people like you that cause all the trouble in the forum and cause threads to end up as China vs. ROW arguments.

8. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    The fact that Chinese WS no 1 and chinese WS no 2 were knock out in the the first round at All England is very odd and never happened before. It is pretty obvious that the result was planned before the tournament by head coach LYB but I am uncertain why LYB did this.

9. sen

sen Regular Member

I find that it is quite OK to post that. It is fact anyway. But I agree that the intention is to bait some people to react.

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Very sad for the sport but I have to agree with you on this.

11. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

i don't know why you put that comment. Its not very often we see indian winners much less multiple winners.... India has miles to go to achieve that... Its not been a good tournament for india but India is surely improving in badminton....we have two top 10 players now, and are being featuring in QF and SF of most of the tournaments without even SN's help. So don't ridicule unnecessarily.

12. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Oh so somebody is saying only finals are tough? I should ask for a fact how many titles has IR won so far? if thats any pointer let alone two titles back to back... there have been umpteen examples of players doing that... and they arent just CHN..... this IMHO is a ridiculous excuse.... IR has developed and showing tremendous progress but still she has lost to better players both in AE and SO period.

13. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect

David vs Goliath??? Frankly to be able to send so many players would count as an achievement!!!

#733 gopalprasad, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  14. Higher

Higher Regular Member

Perhaps the other way round, for the good of the sport???
    Just imagine 8 different nations in the WS Quarter Finals round.
    Anyway, none of us would know it is true or not.

15. Higher

Higher Regular Member

As a matter of fact, that bold lines above, is very true.
    India, along with Japan, Thailand, Chinese Taipei are very much on the track to become stronger and stronger than before in recent years. They are now catching up with the traditional "power house" like Denmark, China, Indonesia, South Korea, and Malaysia. It seems Indonesia and Malaysia are a bit in declining mode compare to past decades. And it is good for the sport !

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

A bit is an understatement, declined a lot is the correct assessment. Ask any MY or INA fan.
    This is not good for the sport as now we have only 1 super power China who are far ahead the rest of the countries.

Currently the powerhouse would be "China & Korea" and the rest of the world. Powerhouse have to win team competitions.

Most improved nation is without doubt Thailand & India.

17. Higher

Higher Regular Member

What I meant what is good for the sport is the rising countries, as I mentioned on the whole paragraph, not the last sentence :).

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

The way it is worded gives that impression.
    Anyway point noted. It is always good to have many strong nations. It is good for the sport. :)

19. Higher

Higher Regular Member

Add Japan in your list ;).
    They have a lot promising women singles player as well as some young talent in MS.
    Actually they have good players in almost all departments!

20. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Good for them. Unfortunately MY only got good consistent player in the MS department who is retiring soon :eek: