2013 ALL ENGLAND SS Premier - Day 5 : SEMIFINALS (9th March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by CLELY, Mar 8, 2013.

1. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Awwwww Chen Long said "good match" and hugged Jan, that was the cutest thing ever!!

2. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    chong wei better watch out

3. vixter

vixter Regular Member

What match did you watch? Tine had one of her smashed called out that was about 5 cm inside the baseline. Couple of points later there was a call that went against SJH indeed, but that evened it out.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long is through to the final but the score is too close for comfort, 21-19 and 22-20. It seems both Chen Long and Lee CW are not at their best yet. For tomorrow's clash, it's a matter of who can stay focused and keep his nerves under control.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, Chen Long is a great guy.

6. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Why was the Chen Long vs JOJ match so long? It took 54 minutes, very strange for a straight set win.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Look at the score : 21-19 and 22-20

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It seems that INA must rely again on XD Butet/Tantowi to grab a title in AE. They are the reigning champion. I am very disappointed in MD Ahsan/Hendra today. They are supposed to be the best MD INA have right now. I am almost fooled thinking Linda would be the next Susi Susanti. It is not meant to be. In WD, INA does not have much hope either.

9. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

JOJ was leading in both games, just lost his cool. 16-10 up at one point in the first game.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Just browsed through all 30 pages. Thanks to all for staying up way past your bedtimes for the exciting updates. No thanks to those involved in petty sniping and childish comments. You know who you are.

Some quick comments:

• Sounds like the match of the day was Janet v Tine. I am looking forward to watching the match on youtube. I wonder if kwun is still occupying the couch, or would he neeed to get Janet a new handbag as a peace offering? :D

• Lots of positive comments for Liu/Qiu, especially in comparing them to a young Fu/Cai. Can't wait to watch them

• MS goes according to plan with neither LCW nor CL in top gear yet

• Last but not least, a big shout out to my girl Rat. Super, super Rat. Congrats on making the final. So happy for her. Unfortunately, she will be up against a rampant Tine, the crowd, the line judges and commentators tomorrow. She is a way more offensive player than Janet so will be able to neutralize some of Tine's attacking intentions

This fricking noon start is plain bad for my time zone so I guess I will catch up again once the dust has settled.

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

dont think there is any justification to say line judges are biased

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. just lousy. but not much sign of bias.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Got here just a while ago as well, CL v JO was winding down as I wound my way through the thread. Thanks [MENTION=7451]madbad[/MENTION] for summing it all up so well! :)

Didn't get to watch any of the matches today :( but from what I'd seen earlier, some of the line judging was a little unfortunate. Although, I think the drift played a more crucial factor in many games for those players who weren't smart enough to adjust quickly.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Agreed. Same in some matches over in Germany - there are just a few lousy calls once and again, but I don't recall a tournament with clear bias -towards or against once Nation- since the 2008 Korea Open (with the exception of one Chinese tournament, where there were a few pro-Chinese calls in Cai/Fu's early match against Kim/Shin, I believe).

15. julianng

julianng Regular Member

tomorrow's final features unusual players in all categories....(except MS)

In the MS final, I believe LCW should take this one easily... unless CL steps up a gear or two... which i don't think can happen judging from his condition so far....

16. maxout

maxout Regular Member

It has been a long time since I really enjoyed a LADIES SINGLE match, but yesterday's semi-finals between Ratchanok and Nehwal ... that was really good, I really like the rallies !!! :)

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Did I read you correctly? Haha. How is she going to be affected by the commentators? This is the first time in sports where the player/s will be up against the commentators.:p

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The commentators should learn to be unbiased. The male, was he Anthony Clarke?, seemed unable to hold his emotions especially.

Given that Tine played very well to earn a place in today's final but Sung was robbed of a few points by the line judges. The result would have been different otherwise.

But the Rat of Thailand impressed me the most at this tournament by beating so many
    celebraties and my bet is on her to win her first AE tournament.

19. kctho

kctho Regular Member

I counted at least 3 bad calls for SJH. most promeneint when she is leading in game 1 and should have taken the match if she did not get that bad call!!

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Does anyone know anything about dope tests conducted for the WS players after the semi-finals?