[BWF]Keen Tussle to Host 2014-2017 Cycle of BWF World Superseries

Discussion in '2012 Tournaments' started by cxytdn, Sep 29, 2012.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Congrats for both MAS and AUS that awarded as SS Premier and SS host respectively :)

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    chris-ccc must be very happy.

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Congrats to MAS for hosting SSP. Badminton fans in MAS should be really grateful.

4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Did Australia actually offer $750K in prize money for 2014? If true, even SSP can be had, let alone SS.

5. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    expect to see more activities being organised by the host, Maybank ???in 2014....so far for MO this year, we see something new and refreshing from Maybank...

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    not really
    i enjoy a empty crowd seat better

7. sen

sen Regular Member

Yes, I read that prize amount in the news. They bid for SSP so of course they will put a high prize money. Glad that bwf, while keeping just 5 premier, decided that those that bid SSP will get to host SS when they are not given the premier. So Australia get SS.

So the question is whether they still give that prize money even though they don't get the premier status.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I understand that Li YB has said the tournament calendar is overcrowded with too many SS events plus others such as TUC, Sudirman, National,Regional(Asian Games),Leagues(Axiata,CBSL). And next year China is holding their National Games, a multi-sport event where all the nation's athletes have to take part, a major occasion to them. I guess that's why they aren't too keen to hold two SS tourneys as on home soil, their top players will be obliged to play even though they can skip two of the seven SS but not any of the 5 PSS.

Anyway, I'm happy that Australia get to hold one. A good start to boost badminton Down Under.

9. sen

sen Regular Member

Next year, China still holding 2 SS event. The new host will be for 2014-2017..

Next year Australia open is still GP gold.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, it only starts in 2014.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,I'm aware of that. Just that they'll have to plan ahead to forestall the problem in future.The CBSL is an annual affair lasting about three months and a few of their players were injured in the league. There's also the TUC2014 as well as the WC'14.

Partly my ambiguity by talking about the CHN National Games next year.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    player should know their priority.
    if they think cbsl is more important,then just participate in cbsl(or the coming ibl)
    no point complain about the international schedule.

its like,oh,i want to sleep on more hour,so the earth should stop rotate for 60 minutes:p

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Or all other badminton tournaments should stop because cbsl is on.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

congratulations for Malaysia and Australia. :)

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What are you driving at? Are you sure you understand what's Li YB's or CBA's main concern? Even non-CHN players are complaining they are tired from playing too many tournaments, eg Lee CW, Saina. What about the risk of injury? This should be the number one concern, right? Ask Intanon whether she enjoys playing non-stop in the SS, GPGs and CBSL, and how it affects her form. What about Axiata Cup and the upcoming IBL affecting those other players as well.

The tight schedule and crowded calendar of events have recently led to several withdrawals from all nationalities. And consider the fines players have to pay even when they're injured. C'mon,talk sense, be constructive, and contribute good,positive ideas and spare a thought for the wellbeing of the professional players the world over.

Obviously and objectively speaking,what Li YB said isn't just applicable to CHN players. As if he doesn't know his priorities, for someone who has been on the job of Head Coach, a greatly successful one,for 20 years.

"its like,oh,i want to sleep on more hour,so the earth should stop rotate for 60 minutes" ???:confused::rolleyes:

17. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    you are making it look like they did not become the superseries host because they are not interested in it.and your post looks too much irrelevant with what you pointed out..?
    What does holding 2 super series has to do with skipping 2 out of seven SS.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

On the contrary, I think CHN is KEEN to host 2 SS events in order to show their dominance. However, other countries may not be that enthusiastic about coming to CHN several times a year.

Talking about Regional and National Games, ASEAN countries have the bi-annual SEA Games and countries like Malaysia and Indonesia have SUKMA and PON (held this year after the Olympics). These games are also considered to be MAJOR GAMES to the individual provinces or regions. That's why you see players like eligible players like Tontowi Ahmad, Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro participating in PON this year.

#38 badMania, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    mind to show me any article that lee chong wei said he is TIRED from playing too many tournament?thanks.

its a player choice to participate in other tournament than bwf tournament.
    why does bwf need to cut down the number of tournament to please those who play in non bwf tournament?
    will u ask ur boss to cut down ur work hours(maybe from 8 hours to 5 hours),so that u can do a 2nd job?

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Because chief coaches or management from other countries will not complain about calendar being overcrowded and so on. They will just say the schedule is tight and adjust accordingly. Other countries also have their own regional games, league and local tournaments. The player or association just need to choose which is more important to them.

This is not 1st time LYB complain about BWF tournaments, the way he does it(time & again) implies that the BWF tournaments should be changed to suit the CBL or National Games schedule.