Maybank Malaysia International Challenge 2012 13-18 November 2012

Discussion in '2012 Tournaments' started by chemile, Nov 8, 2012.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    oh, i just know that there is sub levels in bwf tourneys

2. mixello

mixello Regular Member

entrepeneur
    if i'm not mistaken, shella/anggia were recruited into pelatnas together with alfian/gloria in early january this year.. i think they just need some more time to prove themselves to be one of the best WD pairs owned by pelatnas so i guess it's still too premature to split them now... though perhaps they've been pairing up each other long before entering pelatnas.... they will iron out the rough edges in good time, i believe... maybe in six months or a year ahead will do to see their progress being galvanized within pelatnas... especially under the current new management.. if things are not looking good then separation should be a better option.... anyway just my 2 cents :) :)

#102 mixello, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  3. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Level 1 bed events Thomas cup, surdiman, Olympic, wcLevel 2 i super series premier n finalLevel 2 ii regular super seriesLevel 3 i grand prix goldLevel 3 ii grand prixLevel 4 i international challengeLevel 4 ii international seriesLevel 4 iii future series

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you use the term "running year", I think most international speakers of english would have some difficulty in comprehending what it means. Well, at least I would have that problem (and the chance for secondary school for has passed by me long ago :(( even if I wanted to ).

But thank you for clarifying by saying it means "current year". It might have helped if you used the term earlier rather than retreating into "basic sarcasm".

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if the tournament is not international
    then bwf wont involve:p
    even if this mas ic is level 200 in ur definition,as long as bwf invovle,then it is an international tournament:rolleyes:
    since u think this is not a international tournament,try to write a letter to bwf and rename this tournament to bam kuching circuit:D

so if u are not 100% wrong,then probably u are 110% wrong
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...683684-3720-4E9A-9ED2-14612CA675D0&player=166
    so did tee jing yi progress to quater final?:confused:
    do u want to change ur circumstance AGAIN: oh,i mean individual event only,not include team event.:cool:

surprisingly,thats is ur level one tournament:crying:

(this my 20000th post!:p)

#105 limsy, Nov 19, 2012
  6. ibelieveindevil

current year sounds like 1st jan 2012 to 31st dec 2012, i dont really like the idea, so i substitute with an accounting term... my bad

7. ibelieveindevil

actually it is my point. i never change my circumstances, unlike other people.
    1:it is malaysian girls game, not tee jing yi game. she only play a small part in it.
    2:she lost all her match that requires her to progress into the QF.

do you mean she WON the game?!?!?

and for the term international... hmmm next time someone will say SEA games is an international competition, and commercial events an international competition as well because it involves international players.

then again, if you check bwf website, level 4 events specs, M Q D datas are all not provided, but instead being given at their respective continental website, making them more of a regional style competition than international. (of course i am prepared for those comments that regional= international)

#107 ibelieveindevil, Nov 19, 2012
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It started from "and thats very disturbing fact. nobody seems to be able to progress beyong second round in international tournaments." #62 No time frame, then, that is how everyone reading it would understand it. Suddenly post no 76 got time frame,lol.

Post no 76 "depends on how you said it... i never regarding any level 4 tournament as international, since it really lacks of any international publicity" -> the 'I never regard' is clearly typed there. First time I see an 'International Challenge' not regarded as International. Wow, BWF's International Challenge suddenly no more International, poor BWF:p

Post no 85 "hello, do you understand basic sarcasm?" This is you backtracking, you may say it's not but this is what usually happens when people want to divert attention into something else. Please dont say it's misunderstanding cos it is usually what happens, including here in BC. Instead of explaining the conditions you used for your measurement, you retreat to the 'basic sarcasm'. thing . After that there was that post on randomly shooting, this is where you misunderstood what undeadshot was saying.

Explaining as in giving percentages & details, that is what we would do and have done before, not brush off like anyone who question it is some dumbo who must go back to secondary school :rolleyes:
    As for International, those on BWF website we call it 'BWF sanctioned tournaments'. Other regional ones like SEA, Asian Games, East Asian Games, Commonwealth can also be included of course, depending on the person doing the data, just need to mention it when presenting the data (preferably the 1st time).

It is not limsy & undeadshot misunderstand you, it is you misunderstand us.

9. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

All I am asking is that we should support our national athletes in their quest of excellence regardless of level international tournament.The WS of Malaysia need your support. Even though they failed in most tournament , your support would have help them to have more confident to fight

10. fathonezic

Consultant
    fully agree....

11. ibelieveindevil

i love you idea, especially the first statement you give, someone will tell me next time that "how can you say 'nobody' when there are 8 slots in quarter finals, certainly some ahtletes will progress into the next round" since i never mention the nationality of the players in post.

I guess i completely misunderstood the ability of forumers to think. anything that is not mention, although obvious, people seems to be not thinking at all. I never expect people to reply to thread without understanding whats going on.

and someone will say that if i igonore that person i will be someone who changes my stand.

and very often i wonder why it seems to be denied my own ideas, firstly i never regard IC as international events, same goes for SEA games and commenwealth games and others... reason being to me they are regional games. then again you look back at you own post.

"As for International, those on BWF website we call it 'BWF sanctioned tournaments'. Other regional ones like SEA, Asian Games, East Asian Games, Commonwealth can also be included of course, depending on the person doing the data, just need to mention it when presenting the data (preferably the 1st time)."

even you own words suggest you are not certain with the inclusion, as a matter of fact. when things are for judgement, i see no reason why i should follow yours instead of mine.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    at 1st u say none from mas ws able to progress beyond second round in international tournament
    u never mention any time frame

then u added in the time frame
    ,to made ur claim become more reasonable
    whenever the tournament is in bwf tournament list,that is an international tournament. so what u said is not valid.

sarcasm or not,get ur fact right.

even if the tournament is in level 4,it is still an international tournament,no?
    then u acquiescence/admit that this mas ic is an international tournament,so u said tee jing yi has not progress to the qf for the past year of all international competition of all bwf level.because tee jing yi didnt play in this tournament
    which mean u overturn ur claim that u dont regard this as an international tournament.

i showed u that tee jing yi progress to quater final in an international tournament of bwf levels.
    which this is ur quote:' i need to remind you that Tee Jing Yi has not progress to the QF for the past year of all international competitions, of all BWF levels.'
    did u mention that she need to won all the game to proceed to quater final then only she can claim that she progress to quater final?
    by your standard,which mean spain who lost one group match in world cup 2012 cannot claim they did progress to quater final where they eventually won the tournament:Dhow funny.

--------------------------------------------
    from the quotes about we can see that
    1,u say none of the mas ws able to progress to second round onward
    2,u add in time frame
    3,u try to say that is some basic sarcasm
    4,then u claim u dont regards mas ic as international tournament
    5,after realise u cannot denied this is an international tournament,then u bring in tee jing yi that never advance to quater final in the running year
    6,when i prove u wrong,u say she need to win all her match then only can consider as progress to quater final.

my suggestion is:why dont u write everything u try to add on clearly in one single post then u will be able to avoid from questioning by bcers because u certainly flip floped and twist ur tongue;)

#112 limsy, Nov 19, 2012
  13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    wonder this thread will go to 10 pages???
    i would love to see that

14. fathonezic

Consultant
    mate, you are wrong from the 1st...
    and you know it...
    the only one who will say "you are right" is you...
    everyone else wont do that because everyone know that you are wrong....
    even, you, from the bottom of your heart, know that you are wrong...

sorry again for jumping in... really stupid debate for me...

15. eaglehelang

Nope, people wouldnt say that cos Limsy's post #61 was on Cheah sisters, Lydia & Sonia Cheah and they are Msia WS.

Once again, you have clearly misunderstood, lol. If you want to include condition, you need to present it when you present your data the 1st time as "This is my conditions/criteria" or "The following are the figures for the past 1 year for BWF sanctioned tournaments". If not people will comment, some will even shoot, which is their right. People will also shoot me if I dont specify the figures properly.
    It is not that I am not certain, people have had 2 sets of figures, with only BWF sanctioned tournaments or add up the regional tournaments too.

You change your mind or I call it backtrack on 2 points : 1) From no time frame to with time frame 2) International tournaments, level 4 tournaments suddenly not regarded as International tournaments. This was what undeadshot pointed out & what I am pointing out now.
    No 2 is most obvious one, this is why we say what you regard & what BWF regard is different.

On the International point alone it is obvious as TJY has won 2011 Vietnam IC, Sonia was runner up 2012 Dutch International, semi finalists in 2011 Msia IC(she retired end of 1st set), Tasah was semi finalist in 2011 Msia IC, runner up 2012 French International.
    Dont have to look very far back, just look at 2011 results, the girls are not old aunties. :DThat was why your "nobody seems to be able to progress beyond second round in international tournaments" will raise question marks among Msian fans who have been following. I was like Huh? Didnt TJY win a title last year? But of course in your criteria level 4 not regarded as International, hahaha.:p

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Of course not.

But one thing that really puzzles me is why an International Challenge and regarded as such by the BWF is not regarded as being an International tournament by ibelieveindevil and why so dogmatic about it.

17. eaglehelang

Limsy, HK Open going to start, dont tease the guy already. If we carry on, he will pengsan. If he still cannot get it, his problem. But it is hilarious abt the International thingy, hahaha :D:D:D Dont worry Cheung, it wouldnt go to 10 pages

#117 eaglehelang, Nov 19, 2012
  18. ibelieveindevil

seriously i got difficulties talking to people who cant understand basic logic.

19. ibelieveindevil

i already stated my reason being it is a regional tournament. and i wonder why there is so much words directly pointed to me, trying to distort my meaning and trying to target me personally.

20. ibelieveindevil

i am pretty sure people like you will have comprehensive issue regarding the point i mention in my previous post, because simply put, as long as i never specify, you will not try to understand. all you do is to read my post and never think properly.

i can tell you i never back track, just that you wont believe, simply because you cant accpt the simple fact that you cant logically think.

why is results a year ago ignore? because i forgot to mention that BWF happens to consider your performance result and scores for the moving year only. further than one year, you can dig it up, it is buried. and i wonder 2 months ago, will someone say KKK/ TBH is performing up to standard?

things i didnt say, you didnt bother to think... and you blame it on me. well done:D