DENMARK SS Premier 2012 : FINAL Day (21-Oct-2012)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2012' started by sen, Oct 20, 2012.

1. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I also missed most of matches, awful display from Towi in 3rd set, feel bad for Lily.

DPY seemed improving based on tight score vs LCW

Kor has another lethal md and congrat to Daina also.

2. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Off topic :

Good news for Ina fans, Rexy, Ricky and Susi Susanti are on coaching staff for Ina....

I hear PJB left Jpn for Mas....hmm....saucy :p

3. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    This was pretty funny. The small sounds samples they play telling people to leave the building do to an emergency kept getting stuck like an old record, making it repeat the same words over and over again.
    People started laughing hard which completely stopped the evacuation which turned out to be a good thing seeing as it was a false alarm. :p

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    DPY is indeed improving a lot, defense, speed, net shot, you name it, almost of all departments.
    If DPY continues play like this, he might become a threat to LCW.

5. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Even camera work was brilliant with cameras in all the right spots, well almost... the replays and the coach-player chats during breaks, for the first time I have seen the discussions of both side being aired. Overall it was a pleasant experience watching this event both in quality of matches and broadcasting.

6. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Almost thought he was trying that Danish dance performed by the contestants of the Amazing Race 19 :D.

[video=youtube;JSdgEEToI6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSdgEEToI6U[/video]

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I still think Du Pengyu just played one of his best matches here, but he won't be good enough to actually challenge the top players unlike Chen Long. The best he could do is a Shon Wan Ho.

8. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Something that I had noticed Du Pengyu's footwork since the first day I saw him.
    The movements of his feet seem to be exaggerated.
    He must be using a lot of energy covering the courts.
    Same case with Chen Long.
    But I can't really tell if it is so or not, even after comparing with players like Lin Dan.
    Still trying to see what the differences are between the Irish tap dances, the Danish and the Korean ones.

9. nizze

nizze Regular Member

With Shin/Yoo's victory in the MD, it sets me thinking about the recent hype over Lee/Ko pairing; they were touted as potential medal winners in the next Olympics. But given the results of the recent Denmark Open, is their pairing really as good as what the hype says?

IMO, the MDs scene is ushering a new era with the retirement/reshuffling of top MD players. Do Lee/Ko have the potential to be the top MDs of their time like CY/FHF, LYD with his old partner JJS? I watched Lee/Ko's previous matches; IMO, their playwas ok but it was not that impressive.

On the other hand, I thought Yoo/Shin showing at the Denmark Open was very impressive for a new pairing. Their movement round each other is fluid and they seem to have a good understanding on court. Kim/Kim is another pair with huge potential, given a few more years to grow and develop themselves.

This leads me to ponder is Lee/Ko really an ideal combination? Some food for thought..

#489 nizze, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i said since 2011,lee yong dae should partner kim ki jung.

11. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Kim Ki Jung does reminds me of JJS in some ways. They seem to be more comfortable in the back court, instead of the front.

While Kim Ki Jung shows potential, can't help but feel that he is still rather inexperience and may need abit more time to develop his play. Would it be ideal to pair him with LYD now?

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yep, agreed. His hard-working style imposes some limitations on his play, and although he could improve from his form last year, I don't think he will really challenge the top dogs. Maybe an odd scare here and there at most... the slow venue obviously suits his game better...

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think you're both confusing Ki Jung and Sa Rang here.....Kim Sa Rang is the one Lee played the Thomas Cup with. Ki Jung is the more front court-oriented of the two and also slightly less athletic than his MD partner :D

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What you didn't see on tv [​IMG] (iirc)

[video=youtube;eQPK-5eGPZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQPK-5eGPZk&feature=plcp[/video]

15. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Gangnam is just a fad.
    It's not graceful and it won't last.