DENMARK SS Premier 2012 : Semi Final Day (20-Oct-2012)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2012' started by nokh88, Oct 19, 2012.

1. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    it doesnt make sense... nobody fakes an injury when someone's already a game up and about to win clean sweep the medals....

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You people know how chinese are well trained to do anything in badminton.

1) Topple the tops in the name of match fixing.

2) Throwing the match.

3) Showing gesture to line judges and confusing them while they are doing their duties ( example - wang yihan itself)

4) Pointing out other's luck if they lose their match .

5) And acting abilities .. as if like wang yihan did today, is the highlight of all. They fear for loss. Instead of getting loss by somebody, escaping is better, this is what they call it as brave.

3. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

Because they cant afford injury like what wang xin going thro now.. monthsss after injury but still cannot make a comeback. Better dont risk a career for a match

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LXR is still fine and maybe will give SN a walkover should they meet.

5. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    WYH injured, retired. CL's (to quote Gill Clark) "surprisingly easy loss", TQ/ZY loss (with silly mistakes in 3rd set)....KKK/TBH won against BoMo? Didnt really see these coming...for me at least.

6. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    ofcourse when I would come back and see this I would love it myself, for saying she might fake an injury as its too much for her ego to lose to SN after 6 staraight wins and the post match comments :) and the fact that two points later she did the same would somehow make me not feel bad at it either... but this is what makes them competitive and raises interests among the fans.... and we love it accept it or not........

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    After this SS, saina will move to rank 3 i think. And if she wins the french open, she will move to rank 2 i hope

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    even if she is really injured

but sorry,too many times for the wolf coming
    cant blame others for not trusting.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Aren't you slapping yourself? First you hoped the CHN fans won't say Saina got lucky, now you're doing this? Be true to yourself.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hahaha, you know lah nokh, like they say 'suei'(bad luck). Like a place or road, a lot of people who go there will get hurt.

11. laonong

laonong Regular Member

They will analyze any game to death

12. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Personally I dont like WYH but I dont see a reason why she has to fake an injury here.... The only thing I can think of is as she already a game down and SN has got few points lead in the second she might have thought not to risk aggravating the injury... So in a sense she borderline faked it...

I dont know why people have to pull WX in here for no reason. What happened to her was unfortunate and we should show some respect to her..

#272 rahuldarga, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Pls take note that China fans have commented on LCW faking injury(on more than 1 occasion) when he had the medical reports to show.
    So dont think that people here are anti China (I dont use 'anti-chinese' as chinese are all over the world but different nationalities.)

14. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    I wouldnt doubt the Wang Xin's injury but this one when it happened I was thinking WYH could think conceding a walkover then losing for the sake of her ego....

The comment that hope nobody says Saina got lucky with this one was satirical..
    As I dont believe n ifs and buts, I may sympathesize with an unfortunate event but thats part of the game...

I tried to explain what I was thinking when I wrote this but seriously didnt really got u as in where I did changed my stance?

15. topseed

topseed Regular Member

Self made
    This ! More of a sensible post .

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I like WYH and felt sorry for her injury but not CHN team. Life is fair. You reap what you sow.

17. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Why does a loss hurts the Chinese (and their fans) so much? Other players lose too. Federer doesn't always win, nor does Tiger Woods gets a hole in one every time or Messi scores in every match. If you can't digest a loss (and get such excuses like I see in the forum), you don't deserve to be in top. Anybody who follows badminton seriously is aware what level Chinese have gone in past (London Olympics were just one glaring example).
    If WYH lost to SN, accept it. When SN was interviewed after losing the semis in Olympics she was candid to accept she still needs to work hard to defeat any Chinese player - she was not giving reason about leg cramps, line calls, asteroid movements or match not being played in Timbuktu.
    Since JS also won today, let me hear one Chinese say - others are coming at par. Nope they won't - too much pride at stake , I suppose.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Yihan is an experienced,mature professional player. She has won Olympic silver beating Saina and has a 6-0 H2H against her.One loss means nothing. Why should she fake it? Even LCW has won 9 times to 21 losses against Lin Dan, do you expect a shutout to prove superiority?

19. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Just the first one hurts most... to the ego, specially if I am the only ne from my country who has never lost, to the top foreign player I would try to preserve it as much as I can... conceding could *hyothetically* let me say okay I wasnt fit then and leaves that out through out... atleast to me... I would avoid the first one as much as I can... once t is done then it never matters... I would say I am not mature enough to be feeling so but say its my false pricde which makes me believe it... Once the day is passed I surely move on...

And BTW I am an Indian so this I believe is an Indian mentality(even if nobody from my country agrees to having the same feelings, but we all individuals think differently I may say)

#279 gopalprasad, Oct 20, 2012
  20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Btw, not that they are obliged to, never saw any CHN medical reports. Of course I am not referring to the stomach ache due to drinking too much cold water in sunny hot Singapore.

#280 nokh88, Oct 20, 2012