Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Tan CS played shocking badminton all week and still escaped with the title...

2. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

to think that he played up to 4 games per day, and still won both titles... thats some good physical strength

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Give him a praise when he is able to win at least GP title.

Setakat Cap Ayam tourney title, baik tak payah cerita lah....

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Give I'm a break la, Dato a. He needs to collect the winning experience first then move on

5. ibelieveindevil

Dato A seems to be skeptical in everything. everything doesnt seems to agree with him

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    BAM won't allow him to play in those days that's why he's pissed off these days :D

Players who couldn't make his country proud by being the star,
    should be given a chance to proof themselves when there is opportunity.

Going independant is their first move and they should start in smaller tournament like this one in Bulgaria
    and proceed to higher as confidence grow and when there's improvement.

Winning some smaller tournament one will get smaller sponsorship and this is helping them alot.

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    It is good that they are independent. This will make the mature faster. They will be thinking about discipline more as they need to feed themselves. Money is not easy to come by unlike those in BAM. Consider those jokers inside lucky boy. ;)

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chun Seang comes good to join Chong Wei and Daren in last eight

ODENSE: A two-year ban from competing in Asian tournaments has not dampened former international shuttler Tan Chun Seang’s aspiration to make it big.

Yesterday, the 26-year-old professional, who just joined Austria as their assistant national coach, finally flourished in the picturesque city of Odense with his best career win when he upset fourth seed and world No. 5 Simon Santoso 21-14, 21-19 win in 36 minutes.

He joins world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and Liew Daren in what could be described as a memorable day for Malaysia’s men’s singles department.

Malaysia have never had three singles players in the quarter-finals of a Super Series event.

But the spotlight truly belonged to southpaw Chun Seang, who squealed in delight after his breakthrough win yesterday. He had never made it past the second round of the Super Series event when he was under Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) banner. BAM, however, banned him in 2010 when he decided to turn pro. The ban limited him to participating in non-Asian countries only.

Chun Seang said that as an independent player “I was able to enjoy the game without having to deal with any form of pressure” and is grateful to two parties – his sponsor Apacs and the Austria BA.

“I was on the verge of quitting after BAM banned me in 2010. But Apacs came to my rescue and gave me an opportunity to play in Europe and America. Without a sponsor, I would have given up,” said Chun Seang.

“To live in Europe is expensive. Then Austria’s national coach John Dinesen asked me if I wanted to become his assistant. I accepted the offer and now I have a decent income.

“The win over Simon makes it even more wonderful.”

Chun Seang will take on the winner of the match between China’s Du Pengyu and Germany’s Marc Zwiebler.

Asked to rate his chances, he said: “I don’t look that far. I hope to do well.”

It was also a moment of reckoning for Daren when he finally subdued Japan’s Sho Sasaki after five long years.

Daren’s 21-17, 21-14 win was his first over the Japanese in four attempts.

“I spent some time analysing Sasaki’s match and today I was faster and quicker at the front court,” said Daren, who will unfortunately meet Chong Wei next.

Top seed Chong Wei made short work of Boonsak Ponsana – winning 21-11, 21-16 in 33 minutes.

“I am quite satisfied with my game today. It was just another ordinary day at work for me,” said Chong Wei, who, a day earlier had broken the hearts of home fans with a 21-8, 21-18 win over Viktor Axelsen in the opening round.

It was also a good day for Malaysia in the doubles department.

Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying, however, marched into the quarter-finals of the men’s doubles and mixed doubles in contrasting fashions.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong did not have to break sweat after being given a walkover by Denmark’s Jonas Rasmussen-Joachim Fischer Nielsen following an injury to Nielsen.

Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong failed to make the last eight after going down fighting 21-19, 13-21, 17-21 to Japan’s Hiroyuki Endo-Kenichi Hayakawa.

Reigning Japan Open champions Peng Soon-Liu Ying struggled for one hour and three minutes to beat the unheralded Danish pairing of Anders Kristiansen-Julia Houmann 19-21, 22-20, 21-14 and set up a meeting with Indonesia’s Mohd Rijal-Debby Susanto.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    AMAZING!

With nothing to weigh him down, especially the financial aspects and the mental pressure, he is able to perform perhaps his best ever. To defeat SS in a SS, is no small matter as SS is considered INA's current#1 MS.

My best wishes for Chun Seang for the future.

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

This shows that leaving BAM isn't the end of the world, despite the ban they imposed. For Tan, it now looks like it was a great decision. His sponsor has helped him travel the world picking up points and letting him choose his tournaments. He's now an assistant coach for the Austrian team, and playing in the German leagues, I'm sure the income he's receiving is larger than that of a back up salary at BAM.

Anyway, good luck to him, Du, has looked shaky in this tournament, so he has a good chance :)

11. ibelieveindevil

Big problem still lies with tan due to the ban, he cant participate in Asian tournament,that would still be the biggest problem as he would not get the chance to play in nine of the 12 ss tournaments n half the gpg tournament, the Asian championship, Asian games, commonwealth, and surdiman n Thomas cup... Gosh anyone think he would rank behind cwf daren and hafiz if he got the chance?

12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    if I am not mistake, the 2 years ban is just over...

13. ibelieveindevil

tan chun seang said today that he he would be back 8n malaysia for those asian tournaments nexr year

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

KUALA LUMPUR:

Just one week into the New Year and former international men’s singles shuttler Tan Chun Seang (pic) has already experienced both the high and the low.
    The year began with the good news that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have lifted his two-year ban from competing in all the tournaments in Asia. (The ban was due to end only in June.)This allowed the 26-year-old to register for the Malaysian Open, to be held at the Putra Stadium from Jan 16-20.

But his joy was shortlived. Two days ago, he was admitted to the hospital with dengue fever. This has left his participation in the home tournament hanging in the balance.
    Prior to the rise of his peers – Liew Daren, Chong Wei Feng and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif – Chun Seang was the country’s top back-up shuttler.Injuries, however, hampered his progress.

In 2011, he was hit with a two-year ban when he wanted to leave the national team to become a professional player without the approval of the BAM.
    “I’m experiencing mixed emotions right now,” said Chun Seang.“I’m happy that BAM have lifted the ban earlier than expected. I had written an appeal letter to BAM to make an exception for me to play in the Malaysian Open ... instead they graciously lifted the ban completely.

“It’s unfortunate that I’m down with dengue fever. I’m in stable condition but unsure if I’ll be in good form to play in the Malaysian Open.”
    In the Malaysian Open, Chun Seang has been drawn to play fifth seed Hu Yun of Hong Kong in the first round.He is also in the same quarter as top seed and defending champion Lee Chong Wei.

If he can’t compete in the Malaysian Open, Chun Seang will focus on preparing the Austrian team for the Sudirman Cup, which will be played at the same venue from May 19-26. He’s the assistant coach to the Austrian team.“After the Sudirman Cup, I’ll stay back here and try to re-invent my badminton career,” he said.
    Asked if he was still keen to regain his place in the national team, Chun Seang said: “Of course. I’ll be happy if Malaysia want me to play for them again ... but I think they’d rather invest on younger players.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/9/sports/12549901&sec=sports

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    dengue??? too bad...Malaysia mosquito missed him so much

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Old interview, prior to becoming an assistant coach for Austria already [​IMG]

[video=youtube;bRC8YkXWosg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRC8YkXWosg[/video]

17. ibelieveindevil

tan will be playing in the german open and all england soon, i rather shock that he gave the austrian open a pass....

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Still too soon to have recovered from the illness

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Chun Seang won the Canada Open 2013 GPG

It has been a long time since we talked about TCS.

Therefore it is timely to bring some good news about him in his recent adventure.

I now copy the post I made recently on TCS about his lucky foray into the Canada Open.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...L-(16th-21st-July-2013)?p=2115387#post2115387

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Loh[​IMG]
    Maybe this is a "Good Luck" year for "monkey" TCS.
    He has been in the professional circuit long enough to earn the MS title.

May the Monkey God be by his side in the finals."

The sports world will soon be talking about Canada and more specifically the Canadian Badminton Open or "Free For All".

In the midst of all the "chaos" (brawl between two Thai MD players) TCS quietly tucked away his priceless maiden GPG title with fond memories of the win in unusual circumstances that astounded the sports world.

His victory over the more experienced and higher seeded Eric Pang in 3 games must have been so sweet and memorable!

[TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #FDFDFD"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"]Chun Seang Tan [3][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][MAS] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]