Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

when LD sleeps, he still dreams of winning the IO and MO, and still has nightmares of losing 7 match points in the MO final to LCW :D

these dreams/ nightmares give him the drive to keep playing and win these elusive titles ;)

2. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

because as we all know...

the ultimate challenge on this planet for any pro badminton player is not to win the olympic gold, but to beat LCW at the MO Final!!! ;)

I mean, has LCW ever lost at the MO????? He is some kind of deity at the MO - totally unbeatable - saves 7 consecutive MPs against the GOAT that is LD - some kind of magical boleh power/ forcefield ensures he cannot be beaten at this tournament!!

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Remove the M, S and I, LD owns 2 bigger Os. Those gold biscuits are bigger in size than these 3.

4. MightyJoe

MightyJoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Remove S, he has won the tournament last year unofficially but he gave it away to Chen Jin.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Still record shows he has not won SO but then, 'gifting' it to CJ means LD could not care less about that S thingie. As for LCW winning 3 IO's and 7 MO's, Dato would wish to trade them 10 small gold coins for 1 big O gold cookie from LD, that 1 single O gold means 3 million ringgit instantly in gold bars, becomes national hero (save the butt of the 3 stooges), untold endorsements to come, yadayada...arr...just 3 points away, why (banging balls)?????:crying:

6. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Honestly I am in doubt that LD is still care about MO or IO when he plans to cut down the tournaments he plays each year from now on (if he decides to come back). I think the tournaments probably he is still care are All England for its prestigious history, Korea Open for its big prize, China open for his fans in China and world championship for keeping up his supreme status in badminton world.

#3426 jkkwongnz, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

sorry, double post.

#3427 bad's fan, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, i'm just curious about 1 thing. whose nightmare is probably worse? LD's for lost MO with 7 match points, or LCW's for lost WC 2011 with one match point? hmm, should be LD's i think? how about your opinion guys?

but it would be interesting if LD will play MO and meet LCW there. :D king of majors vs king of MO.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The way I see it, to reduce to calling LCW King of MO, unbeatable there due to special Boleh power,etc, is not complimenting him, not flattering at all (don't be mistaken,I'm not criticizing,merely expressing my feeling). Instead it sounded more like a backhanded compliment of GOAT, in effect saying Lin Dan is so great or superior that the only way for LCW to get the better of him is to play in MO with the "help" of supernatural power.

And Lin Dan's fanatical fans are still clamouring for him to win everything big and small, not willing to leave "scraps" or "peanuts" for others (said tongue-in-cheek).:p Frankly,I'm his ardent fan and didn't really expect him to win double Olympic gold, thought it unessential but good to have - now it makes his record that much harder to break, practically unassailable for several decades to come.

Now I believe it's high time and the best opportunity for LCW to get one or two big titles, hopefully WC'13 and AG'14 (which is equivalent to WC for 9 out of top 10 ranks are from Asia); Rio OG'16 is too far away to predict, who knows within the next 4 years another player emerges to seriously challenge both LD and LCW who are nearing the ends of their careers.

10. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Lin dan confirmed that he had invited only 3 badminton guests outside China to Xie XF and his wedding at the end of September.

No prizes for guessing who are they.

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

but isn't it the fact? in last 8 years, i think nobody can win there except him? but sorry if it disturb anybody.

so, LD just invite Taufik, Peter Gade and LCW?

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Is one of them Li Mao? ;)

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

yes, of course.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're so polite, I'm not disturbed by it, just thought LCW deserves better and he can do it !

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Watched the OLY12 match between him and TH yesterday. They spoke during the handshake after the match at the net. Probably TH informed him that he is not attending.

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Obama, Putin and najib

17. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

you might as well call lcw to beat ld in a china open which lcw has never won it before..who cares if lcw is unbeatable in MO when he can't even win the World championship, asian games and olympics..im sure lcw would rather lose some MO titles and win the majors man..

18. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Bcl beat lcw at MO

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Lee Chong Wei among ‘shuttle kings’ attending Lin Dan’s wedding

Published on Aug 23, 2012

(THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysian national badminton player Lee Chong Wei will be among the three “badminton kings” to attend his Chinese rival Lin Dan's wedding in September, reported Oriental Daily.

Lee had received an unofficial invitation during the recent 2012 London Olympics to attend the two-time Olympic gold medallist's wedding.

Lin Dan confirmed with China Daily that he invited three badminton players to his wedding in September: Lee, Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat and Denmark's Peter Gade-Christensen.

While the date of Lin Dan's wedding has yet to be set, the Chinese media has dubbed the event as the meeting of the “four great kings of badminton” outside the badminton court.

20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Although you look like a gangster now, you have delivered time and again for you country Lin Dan..

All that hardwork since a decade ago has paid off in fine form mr. god of badminton... your country needs you for another 4 more years... but can you deliver ?? I bet you can and even more than that I believe.... now let's win another Asian Games shall we ???