OG12 MEN's Singles Finals

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by sonnymak, Aug 7, 2012.

1. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

If LCW was superior to LD as a player then their head2head record would show that. You can stick your head in the sand all day doing deep analysis of all the factors affecting the matches but at the end of the day those factors are all part of sport. Sport is not players playing in perfect laboratory conditions.

2. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Yes, LCW is a better player than LD but LD's coaches are better than LCW's coaches so that's why LD wins. Please keep up your comments pjswift! :D

3. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I thought LCW only got better since few years back but LD was already a superior player long long time ago when most of the people outside malaysia don't even know who LCW is... The H2H records existed way when they started playing each other and that time, yes, LD was alot alot alot better than him. So its normal for LD to have so many wins against LCW in the H2H.. But until 2008 or so, LCW improved alot and manage to match LD. Still, the H2H favours LD. I remember someone in this forum said that LCW can never beat LD more than once a year. So I'm a little confused here. Isn't LD a better player? or maybe LD's style of play is a problem to LCW's?? Thats why LCW finds it so hard to beat him?? like how PSH used to beat LD last time?

4. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

thats just my opinion though.. I think both are great players of this era and i have great respects for them both. I'm happy for LD but sad for LCW at the same time, I hope they will continue to shine and bring us more exciting matches in the future. Though some might attribute LD's wins to luck, LCW's mental weakness and all the ****, I say they both worked hard and deserves to be on the top of the podium. Its really heartbreaking to see some people discredit a win by saying luck, crowd, mental, "the stare", injuries and all, i mean come on, which player doesn't carry injuries??

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, someone may tell you then that it's because LD's luck, LD's superior fantastic fans, or LD's teammates. you will better be ready. :D

what is great about LD haters is that whenever LD lost to LCW, they will say that LCW deserved it, he is the best player. but when their 'best player' lost to LD, the haters will never ran out of excuse to take away all the credit from LD as the better player that day.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Let me put it this way...
    even when you gamble, you don't ever do it blindly. You work the odds, use stats, use your mind; in short, you utilize all your available resources. Even so, things don't always go your way.

So, just in case you have misunderstood or misinterpreted my words, (because you have brought this "luck" up in your subsequent posts) no it's not all luck. I don't think anyone would be lunatic enough to suggest that. I'm sure you read my entire post, because you did take the trouble of editing it in your reply. You would know that I have not attempted to discredit LD of his win in any way. Have I put your mind at ease, now? :)

7. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

No, dont say that... LCW and his two lovely coaches said after the match : in the end, luck again, favours LD...
    So dont call anyone lunatic here. :p:p:p

8. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Pardon me sir cobalt, but would you dare to call Seri Najib Tun Razak a lunatic for such a suggestion? He has even suggested that LCW should carry on fighting till Rio 2016 where "luck may be on his side", even when LCW himself has contemplated on retiring depending on the Asian Games 2014 outcome.

Talk about mental pressure. Now things are just starting to get serious :p

Chong Wei receives RM500,000 for Olympic silver win

Monday August 13, 2012

PUTRAJAYA: National shuttler Lee Chong Wei received RM500,000 yesterday for his silver medal win in the London Olympics.

The reward was presented by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in a ceremony at Seri Perdana, which was also attended by his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.

The reward comprised RM300,000 from the National Sports Council’s Incentive Scheme and RM200,000 from the Malaysian government in the form of Amanah Saham Wawasan.

Apart from that, Chong Wei also received a watch from Rosmah, who is also the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) patron.

Silver well earned: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor taking a look at Lee Chong Wei’s Olympic silver medal. — Bernama

In a short speech, the Prime Minister congratulated Chong Wei on his success and was confident it would strengthen his resolve to achieve further success in the 2016 Olympics.

“Maybe LUCK wasn’t on his side to win the gold but he fought right to the end. It showed how serious he was and I hope he will go on to achieve even bigger success,” he said

Najib also agreed with a proposal to set up a National Badminton Academy at the Juara Stadium Badminton Training Centre in Bukit Kiara.

Chong Wei, 30, said he would consider the wishes of the Prime Minister to deliver the country’s first gold medal at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.

“I’m grateful to the Prime Minister and his wife for the reward, I will be saving the money. Even though I didn’t bring back a gold medal, the government still supports me. I have tried my best,” he said.

“I will look at my performance over the next two years and at the Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, and Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, both in 2014. If my fitness permits, I will continue till the 2016 Olympics,” he said. – Bernama

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i get your post of course. what i mean with that one post of mine which you quoted was that i hope it's not the luck who 'controlled' the whole story, and i would happier if it's not only luck who ended the match. just it, nothing personal.
    peace :)

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

is it just me or LCW and LD has starting became some kind of medals hunter machines for both BAM and CBA? looks like their reason to fighting for medals now is a little more for their associations (and also nations) than their personal desire. but hope i'm wrong on this.

#90 bad's fan, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  11. BaggedCat

BaggedCat Regular Member

Video Games Designer
    Theres no such thing as luck.

"you make your own luck"
    "fortune favours the great"
    "diligence is the mother of luck"

'luck' is just probability of things going your way. you can change these probabilities. saying LD has more luck is just saying LD is better. LCW supporters make it sound like LD supporters are saying LCW is rubbish.no. LCW is great. its just that LD is great +1.

attributing LCW losses to anything other than LD was better on the day is just rubbish.

its like saying i am a better player than LCW even though he'd beat me 10000000 - 0, but its because hes got better coaches than me. and fans. and he'd beat me cos he has luck..... but im the better palyer.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Great, that s good you pointed out LD defeated LCW 3 times out of 21 without assists or 18 times out of 21 with assists. That means LD has improved. My apologies.

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

wait, LD still improved. i forget he also won over LCW in TC 2010, 2011 HK open and 2011 CHN open. ah, not that bad. :D

14. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    The miracle that never happened again in 6 years.

15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Lin Dan win 9 times against LCW outside "China and the region (HK, Macau, Taiwan)", not only 8. Also, Lin Dan vs LCW in Malaysia = 2 - 2, means 50% - 50%. If LCW can make it 50% - 50% in "China and the region", so their H2H should be 15 - 15, right ? And after so many helps by BWF to LCW during 2011 World Championships, from QF to Final, LCW should win over Lin Dan, so their H2H should be 16 - 14 in favor for LCW. LCW has 7 - 8 hours extra rest compare to Cordon, CJ and Lin Dan :p. 2011 World Championships final proves that LCW was very weak compare to Lin Dan hahaha :p. No TXH, no LYB, less time for rest, but still Lin Dan become the champion hahaha :p

#95 Fortune, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Which Asia players ? Surely most of it not from China and Korea, bcoz for many of them, All England only a small title, no wonder Swedish Open / Germany open that held one week before AE was dominated by the players from both countries. You can check the winner of both tourneys

17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    That's right ! AE is not in the same class with OG and WC. AE is in the same class with the other SSP. And that's the fact.http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=15370

#97 Fortune, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  18. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    China suffers the most from the restrictions in OG / WC, while AE don't, but for China, AE is only mickey mouse title. WYH win AE, WSX even can't win a single match in AE, but WSX = pre-A player, WYH only as B class player :p. The winner of OG / WC automatically graded as A class player :p

19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Lin Dan vs LCW : in Malaysia = 2 - 2, in neutral ground = 7 - 7, in China and the region (HK, Macau, Taiwan) = 12 - 0 :p. Actually, Lin Dan and team mates doesn't have home ground advantages in HK, Macau and Taiwan (HMT), bcoz they have their own Badminton Association and players, chasing for their own glory. So what is the advantage for China players ? For me personally, HMT = neutral ground for CHN players.
    Lin Dan coach from 2004 : LYB, Zhong Bo, TXH, Li Zhifeng, XXZ. LCW coach from 2004 or 2005 : Li Mao, Misbun, Rashid, TSB. Result : except 2007, LCW can only win once per year against Lin Dan LOL :p. Blame LCW, and not his coach :p

#99 Fortune, Aug 19, 2012
  20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    2005 : Hong Kong. 2006 : AE, Macau, HK. 2009 : Sudirman Cup. 2010 : Thomas Cup. 2011 : Korea SSP & World Championships. 2012 : AE & Olympics.

#100 Fortune, Aug 19, 2012