2012 Olympics Day 9 - Men's Singles Finals (Gold/Bronze)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Aug 3, 2012.

?

Who will win Men's Single Gold?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lin Dan (CHN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

1st thing 1st. CHN supporter are never fan of BWF. And they got good reason too.

BWF certainly didn't help in the case of match throwing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    "We called the disciplinary committee, reviewed the matches and got statements from umpire and referee," he said when asked why the decision was made after such a long time.
    "Players have been given a chance to explain this morning, and we gave sufficient time for the teams to appeal," he said.
    The BWF received appeals from the South Korean and Indonesian pairs. But the Indonesians withdrew their challenge later and the appeal from South Korean was rejected.
    "We have no pressure from the IOC (International Olympic Committee)," he explained. "The decision was made without external pressure."
    "The punishment only concerns women's doubles, no further. No punishment will be given to the coach and member associations," added the official.
    The players disqualified include Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang from China, Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polli from Indonisia, as well as Jung Kyung- Eun, Kim Ha-Na, Ha Jung-Eun and Kim Min-Jung, all from South Korea.
    They had been charged under BWF's Players' Code of Conduct. According to sections 4.5 and 4.6 of the code, "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" will not be allowed.

http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2012londonolympics/2012-08/02/content_26095552.htm
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    "Very few people here have said the players are solely to blame in fact I can't think of any." - come back to my Chinese reporter case. They are the ones I was referring to, and there are a lot. As I said, lack of self-respect and confidence.

And please, stop educating me about match throwing and what's right or wrong. I have been to enough tournaments to know the truth and what's what. If given the chance, MAS/KOR/IND/ any country would also throw their matches too. Of course, they may not have enough players in the tournament to do that. Is it right to throw a match, NOT AT ALL, but aren't you giving your best effort to win in the end? YES. Life is full of contradiction, but that's just not the point in this discussion.

Calling me a CHN fan is not wrong, of cause I support my country's Olympic team.
    And My wishful thinking of BWF can grow a pair to stand for itself in the future, is not changed.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, I think the original saying is 既生瑜,何生亮!
    So the names of Lin Dan and Lee CW should be reversed, i.e
    既生LCW,何生LD !

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Which means the above should be corrected to : Since Heaven creates a Lee CW, why does it create a Lin Dan ?

4. Lento

Lento Regular Member

I'm saying both should, or are you that stupid to not read what I've said? BOTH players should shake hands, but the fact that one of them is doing a lap of the arena first, with his top off, kinda makes that more difficult...

But hey, I want no emotion by saying I'd like the players to embrace before doing a lap of the arena! How very Chinese...I mean dictotorial of me.

5. Lento

Lento Regular Member

That is literally all you had to say. We didn't need to read the rest of your waffling. You think cheating is 'not wrong'. That's great.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry folks,it's been so many days and you're still arguing over it - about the not shaking hands first before celebrating ?

I say both victor and vanquished were overwhelmed by their respective emotions and reacted the way almost all ordinary mortals do. I for one wouldn't fault them for it nor hold them to the standards of higher beings. They're first and foremost great athletes and I'm contented with that.

By the way,didn't Lin Dan afterwards went over to hug LCW twice? Not enough?

Friends,let's not argue for arguments' sake. It's not really a serious issue,let it be,shall we? Don't you think it's such an anti-climax to keep quarrelling over it when one of the best and most memorable badminton matches the two ever played was produced? Peace and tolerance everyone.:) (Kindly don't drag me into it,please).

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yup, i agree that shake hands after the match end and before they celebrate is a should be, better be done by players. but why it didn't happen in the final last week, although it's not the ideal procedure, i think many people would still understand why.

peace :)

8. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

We should all know how senseless these arguments can become.

Loser is king. The best don't win big titles. Go figure :rolleyes:

Just leave it as comedy relief and we all shall have a good time.

9. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

loool this whole "shake hands before do anything else whatever the circumstances" thing is still going on! Lento you certainly know how to stir up debate!! :cool:

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

who is loser?

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well actually, if I were LCW, I'd insist he wash his hands before touching me....

12. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Montage of greatest moments of London Olympics 2012 on BBC, Badminton was in there, the image was Lin Dan ripping his shirt of and throwing it into the crowd(before shaking hands) enough said!

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Reopen in 24 hours

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Reopened -

15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

just asking, why does the thread need to closed temporarily yesterday?

16. HiddenPower

It's not cheating. Winning in the end is all that matters to those players and they did what they had to do.

17. HiddenPower

The real problem here is LD won, and some people just can't deal with it. :cool:

18. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Yes it is, confirmed by players, coaches, BWF. Who else will it take before you believe this is real.

19. HiddenPower

Regardless, what's done is done. It doesn't matter now.

20. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Nevertheless it is A FACT or REALITY that one MUST live with... like it or not!

It isn't a chess game that can end in draw ;)

i think the thread had gone too wild... so a 24-hour cooling down is quite helpful in keeping the sanity here.