medal tally

Discussion in 'LONDON 2012 non-badminton events / discussion' started by limsy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I do understand what you mean - about the uneven number of medals available for different sports. It is not a fair representation to show which country is best at sports (I too have to admit).

To my belief, IOC when deciding to admit a sport into their Games, they follow how our World Sporting Federations conduct their events for individuals.

Although the medal count is based on country count, the Games is really for individuals, not for country versus country (therefore, for Badminton, the TC, UC and SC, won't be included - same for other sports like the Davis Cup format, ect, ect, ...).

Perhaps now, you can understand why our Badminton World Championships won't be held in Olympic years, but our TC and UC events are.

As a Badminton fan myself, I too hope that the IOC will include more events/medals for Badminton. But, with just 2 weeks at the Olympics, and with the huge number of participants already involved, I would think that IOC won't include events like our TC, UC and SC. If IOC do include them, our TC and UC will not be held in Olympics years, and the Cups teammates will all be at the Olympic Games.

2. laonong

laonong Regular Member

That's not a good example. I think FIFA does not allow that. FIFA even restrict the age of players. World Cup is much more important than olympics.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Many think that the Olympics is the grandest event ???

I agree with you. Many think that the Olympics is the grandest event (just because IOC know how to promote it well).

As for me, for our Badminton, our TC, UC, SC and even our WC should stand out as higher/better events for our players.

4. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Olympics is ********...full of scandals controversies and drug abuse etc.

It's an event setup purely to promote the spirit of unity and political agendas.

China sees Olympics as an important event because they feel it's their responsibility to contribute gold to help china top the medal tally.

Otherwise,i actually do not see what's so special about the Olympics because the players practically play against one another other than the fact it's occurs every four years.

To me, Thomas/Uber and Sudirman Cup are more prestigious but some groups do not claim so because they feel China keeps winning everything.

Well if you cant keep up to their standard, that's your problem.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Anyway, as I type, I am happy that Australia has finally won GOLD medal No.2 (in Sailing). :):):)

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Chris, you said it first!! :D Indeed i'd like to say the same lines too.

We all should be quite aware that Olympics is not simply the biggest multi-sport event, it has rich political nuances intact as well!! The old and antic of the Greek Olympics was just a legacy of the past! Such legacy is just a remnant in modern day Olympics movement.

Olympics becomes the grandest sport event because the establishments with all their clouts set it that way! That movement is serving well their grand agenda for the new world order.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Australia has just won our 6th GOLD medal (3 minutes ago) at the Kayaking . :):):)

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Good for you, chris-ccc .............

We Mas still waiting and waiting for years and it hasnt come our first olympic gold yet..........LOL

9. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    IF MAS can include "SEPAK TAKRAW" in Olympic Games then its gold-hunt is done by now!!

For AUS, "Boomerang throwing" event should give it an edge for additional Gold medal. Just imagine if it is accepted and has multiple event competition set by distance... ;)

cool!

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Suddenly, Australia shot up to 10th position after being rewarded with a full set of medals (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze) over the last 24 hours.

11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    So, my conspiracy-theory-fan friend, are you implying that 'that movement', being powerful and almighty, has predetermined everything 'bout the Olympics? The drama, the upsets, and even the results, medalists, and the overall winner? And the athletes are simply dancing on 'their' hands?

Soooo... With those in consideration, should we doubt that one country's dominance in a certain sport *coughbadmintonmedalcleansweepcough* really shows the greatness of that nation, since they've set up the outcome already? Hmmmm??? ;)

Contact one of 'them' (the one our conspiracy theory lover mentioned), and have some heart to heart talk with him/her about MAS dream. Perhaps s/he will convince the big boss to give MAS a gold medal in a distant future. One gold medal is a piece of cake la. The main plan won't be disrupted. :cool:

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Two days away from closing ceremony, USA contingent back to the top medal standing with 39 golds, CHN manages runner-up position with 37 golds, so close competition...
    High possibility USA will top medal table once again here in London after losing their #1 position 4 years ago in Beijing.

13. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    A simple establishment showcase

Badminton has only 5 events, even a clean sweep there won't flip the table of medals over...
    it's Swimming that gets such honors with its 34 events and 102 medals in total :D

See http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/114924-medal-tally?p=1939333#post1939333

See also twobeer's post: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.eephp/115180-Swimming?p=1952582#post1952582

OLYMPICS is the simple way for the establishments to feel good about themselves and show off the successes of the so-called "free economies". Of course they have immense clouts to tell the Olympics Committee which sports and how many events are included and which are not.

Talking about conspiracy, the term 'conspiracy theorist' is used to give the impression that people who do not believe what the media tell them must be mad. Rather than address important issues, the establishment brand dissenters as wacko conspiracy nuts who should be given no platform. Silence the messenger to discredit the message - a tyrants tactic throughout the ages.

A good reading about the "conspiracy meme" ;)
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/disinformation-how-it-works
    Another awesome Alt-Market article, a nice work from Brandon.

Learn more from these great books such as "None Dare Call It Conspiracy", a classic one by GARY ALLEN; Fearful Master; Crossing the Rubicon; The New Babylon; etc. Grab it here: http://bit.ly/IJwmn1 (md5 hash: f19c67eab311398c7d53a5cca56bf278)

GARY ALLEN should be held in high regard along with ANTONY SUTTON and EUSTACE MULLINS as people who did the leg work that exposed much about the conspiracies!

Another masterpiece is 'The Naked Capitalist' by W. Cleon Skousen
    md5: b4dd8125454cc791474035fa6bdb33d4 at http://bit.ly/KCjgOm

If you just have little spare time to read through, then try below less time-consuming efforts.

Following super chart will give one good ideas on the how the world is managed.
    Look at how far the their power reaches to individuals, institutions, corporations, mass media, broadcasts... all substantial ones are within their grips! http://bit.ly/L1pTZZ

Browsing over this simpler, 'a more scientific' one will do as well: http://bit.ly/pQFo2F

Finally, a masterpiece of the world timeline, 'The History of the House...' by ANDREW HITCHCOCK at http://bit.ly/MhkwoV ( or .ppt version: http://bit.ly/NlwRto )

-----------------
    "Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence – those are the three pillars of Western prosperity. If war, waste, and moneylenders were abolished, you’d collapse. And while you people are over-consuming the rest of the world sinks more and more deeply into chronic disaster." -- ALDOUS HUXLEY, author of 'Brave New World', 'Brave New World Revisited', 'The Doors of Perception', etc.

#73 kelana, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

If Sepak Takraw included, think Thailand will be the one take the gold, MAS SP is quite weak now.....no more power la......sad!

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Yes, I agree. That's because the Olympic Games began as a Western event/tournament (from the Greeks).

I agree that most of the sports at the Olympics now are still originated from the West (including Badminton - originated from England).

Now that our world is becoming more global, slowly more Eastern sports would be added in. Judo (from Japan) and Taekwondo (from Korea) are already added in. Now, we hope that SHUTTLECOCK KICKING, SEPAK TAKRAW, and other Asian-originated games could be added in soon. :):):)

#75 chris-ccc, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i propose an new event,hide and seek!hehe
    see how successful runningman made hide and seek become so popular!

17. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    The medals are tallying up very nicely, with many countries sharing the gold medals.
    The Russians are moving up in the number of golds won, with their traditionally stronger sports of athletics, wrestling and rhythmic gymnastics held in the latter part of the Games.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

To propose Wushu to be included in the Olympic Games

I thought you would propose Wushu to be included in the Olympic Games. :):):)

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

WOW... Australia just defeated Russia 83-74 for the Womens Basketball Bronze.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member