2012 London Olympics BadmintonCentral Get-together..

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by ctjcad, Jun 8, 2012.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Fantastic turn out yesterday, had a great time! :)

Thanks to all those who came along and supplied shuttles and many thanks to BC for paying for the event!

Shame I couldn't join you guys for dinner last night, but looked like a nice meal!

It was great to be able to put faces to names and make some new friends along the way...

Didn't have the chance to talk to everyone last night but hope you all enjoyed it and I'm sure we can do this again sometime! ;)

2. gamelessx25

gamelessx25 Regular Member

Self Employed
    Hola from Toronto,

Thanks for the event, was a lot of fun to square up against players from all over the world :). Was so rusty, I gotta get off my lazy ass and play more haha. Also, thanks for dinner, but I will show you all what good Chinese food we have here in Toronto in a new post... coming soon!

Jack

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I wonder who is who? can we photo tag?

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, please.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Had a fun time @ the MS & MD Finals

..just want to say thank you very much once again to all the London/UK/Britain hosts...from 1984AllEngland, R20190, Mark A, jamesd20& BoogieeigooB, who've helped in preparation, accommodation and all the little things to make this get-together happen...can't say enough & I truly enjoyed meeting with all of you guys! Til we meet again in the future...

For those who've signed up but don't have the BC t-shirts, please PM jamesd20 to arrange for delivery (he should have plenty to give away)..

*Sorry, but will do the tagging of members shortly..

One more photo to share with 2 of my awesome accompaniments (jamesd20 & BoogieeigooB) @ y'day's exciting MS & MD Finals...:cool:

Attached Files:

#265 ctjcad, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now that you mentioned it I thought Chris has disappeared. But I don't see the tall Fengwei although I can still recognize 1984 All England. The BC uniform looks great. And I can see you guys were having a ball of a time! Reminds me where is our friend Gollum?

BTW our moderator, jamesd20, looks young and handsome.
    Sort of miss Repententboy.

#266 Loh, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    No, he was doing the LCW dive ..... wakakakaka. Except that the "springs" are faulty, so couldn't get back up.

Reminds me a lot of, err, me .......

8. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    I was working.....

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Working on a Sat evening! You guys are more hardworking than us in SIN. However a BC International gathering is a rare occasion. I still remember ours in KL about two years ago?

Sorry to have spelt your nick wrongly. Should have been "repentedboy" instead of "Repententboy".

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I can confirm I am neither....

11. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    [h=1]Fischer 's racket guy...[/h]

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

sorry you couldn't join the get-together, Benwilluk, for another reason...but hope all is well with your family..
    There are still BC t-shirts if you're interested~ and go ahead and contact jamesd20 to get one..
    Fengwei wanted to play but came in late, just as we're about to leave the venue (he was waiting for the players at the venue)..But he's in 1 of the videos i'll post soon..Actually there's a glimpse of him in 1 of the photos i posted on the previous page (the one in front of the restaurant)..
    No Gollum either~already told him but i guess he lives quite a ways from London..Quite a few other London/UK members couldn't make it after already told them..

jamesd20 can definitely play, too bad he couldn't make it for the London get-together..

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Videos of the London 2012 OG BC get-together..

..sorry for a bit of delay, here are the videos~enjoy!;)

[video=youtube;G9vQ7FB-AEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9vQ7FB-AEM[/video]

[video=youtube;NJoT7vmnAIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJoT7vmnAIA[/video]

[video=youtube;18TbbD5bMTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18TbbD5bMTs[/video]

[video=youtube;6rctsVoECJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rctsVoECJo[/video]

[video=youtube;AaLRJHg94Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLRJHg94Gk[/video]

[video=youtube;c-6rYqRyMx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6rYqRyMx4[/video]

[video=youtube;l-qVT8jyXnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qVT8jyXnA[/video] (Dinner get-together) :)

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Why can't I watch the video on my Apple iPhone? Grrrr...

15. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    Another reason to get an iphone 5 , lol !

Anyway , look like you guys have good fun , and nice games being recorded..............

16. Mech10

Mech10 Regular Member

A big thank you to all the organisers for their efforts and the money spent on the get-together. It was a lot of fun and also really nice to meet other people from the forums. Hopefully we can do something like this again at some point!! Thank you very much!! :)

17. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Be careful with these shirts! They are super-powerful! My freind, who couldn't make the trip, crushed his handle on a backhand smash!! Thanks again to Kwun, Chris, James, for orgainizing and BC in general. If you can come out for the 2015 Pan Am Games in Toronto, I will definately take you around and eat some of the best food choices available.
    Aug92012 003a.jpg

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Who's who at the 2012 BC Get-together..

Sorry for a bit in delay, but here are the who's who at the BC gathering (from what i recall)...pardon if i messed up the names to the members (hope you guys will correct me :p)..

drew tze en
    [​IMG]

Boggieeiggob & drew tze en
    [​IMG]

Back row : ckyew, gamelessx25, friend of RoundTheHead, RoundTheHead, Chimney, 1984AllEngland, Smautf, Mech10, HappySachs
    Front row (kneeling) : HK50plus, drew tze en, dolbydog, chicee, friend of R20190 & R20190
    On the floor : BoggieeiggoB

[​IMG]

19. Mech10

Mech10 Regular Member

Good job!!

By the way, I was wondering what spec your camcorder / camera was as I've been thinking some time about buying one. Knowing the spec used to record those videos would give me a good idea of what I'd be looking for.

If it's an inconvenience then don't bother post but if you happen to know, then I would be grateful if you could let me know!

Thanks again Ctjcad!

20. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    look fun , shame I could not find accommodation ......maybe next time at the All- England

#280 Staiger1, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012