2012 Olympics Day 9 - Men's Singles Finals (Gold/Bronze)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Aug 3, 2012.

?

Who will win Men's Single Gold?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lin Dan (CHN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I read the entire forum before I posted. Rather than hiding behind a troll accusation, why not tell me where I've taken you out of context? Or explain the point I've missed. If you do demonstrate that I have indeed missed something then I will and always have apologized possibly even with a 'thank you for the clarification' thrown in.

You called the dude a 'banana' which shocked me because if you did that to any one of at least 3 of my very good friends to their faces you would need a dentist.

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The "dude" is a female. She has been talking bad about Chinese people and Asians alike, all in favour of LCW's fame and achievements, even though she is a Singaporean born (or at least residing in Singapore) Chinese lady. This is what is getting her into disagreements with people on the forum, other than the LCW and MAS boleh-fans.

Clear enough?

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Her constant hatred and trolling of China makes me think she has been abused in the past by a Chinese guy or something has that has left a unhealable scar.
    Every single post of hers whether it's within the fake appreciation of Chinese success or praise for LCW, there's always the famous snickering remarks about how China cheats or how ugly LD is etc.

4. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

^^^
    Agree with Blitzzards. If what Blitzards said is true, I don't know why Pjswift is taking her anger at LCW's loss out on the forum. If anything, she should be proud of how LCW performed against LD.

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by julianng [​IMG]
    OMG LD won !!!

Does this mean the $2 million gold bar goes to me instead ?

indrg, NO, you're completely wrong :p julianng definitely is NOT a Lin Dan's fans, he/she is just a directionless party hanger here :D occasionally he/she comes up with some sharp remarks to poke fun of others.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Volcom, all these years you and pjswift always argue abt this issue. Have some extra respects for uncles and aunties and dont bother. We also have to deal with certain uncle characters in Msia Prof Players threads but we show extra restraint in the replies as mark of respect towards elders.

7. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Ok so she's a she and of Chinese descent. Her slamming Chinese people and Asians is weird. Frankly, before your response to her I figured she was a bit of a headcase and figured the mods would be by soon enough to clean up the mess.

None of that changes the context of your phrase. "but a Chinese descended Banana" is a denigrating phrase to people who are genetically but not culturally Asian. And, while it would amuse me greatly to see you do it, I doubt you'd have the guts to say it to my friends face. You also instantly responded to me in with an insult as well so you are not exactly on the moral high ground you seem to think you're on.

#707 thunder.tw, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Very uncharitable remark. Sad. Didn't expect it of you. Pjswift has on many occasions taken up for the unsupported underdogs, who like it or not, happened to be non-China players and who were being subjected to some pretty venomous and outright racist stuff on this forum. I didn't see many of you champions coming to the rescue then. If she had to be tough on the China team people to get her point across, she did it all right, but it was generally in response to some tasteless post or innuendo.

Everyone needs to be cut some slack. If complete psychos like "Miqilin7" were allowed to ply their insanity and forment trouble for some time, why not me? Why not you? The Mamak Stall imposter? Or someone else?

I think all of us guys need to back off from this confrontation that's really going nowhere, but leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Come on now --- kisses all round!! :D:D:D

9. sydney

sydney Regular Member

From the Star Online:

"The Olympic motto, Citius, Altius, Fortius, means faster, higher, stronger.

And the Olympic creed reads: “The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”"

"We should applaud the efforts of all our athletes who gave their best in London as we believe in the ideal that it is not the triumph but the struggle that truly matters, in sports, and in life." (Soo Ewe Jin)

Reference:
    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/5/nation/11792185&sec=nation

10. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    i guess LCW said that during his interview with CCTV, not long after the match. I watched in TV with a couple of friends who do not pay much attention to the badminton world, so they just concluded from that interview that LCW defeat was due to his ankle problem and the resulted short preparation time (about 2 weeks).

I could only have BIG SMILIE upon hearing my friend's comment to the interview... do not bother to explain in lengthy.

Now imagine when he's in "perfect situation", completely trouble free... can one think of?

11. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

i think usain bolt's olympic motto describe lin dan the best:

"number 1. all day, every day."

12. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

wait, didn't you just talk about "sportsmanship"? Where's yours? :)

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Thunder.tw, I think galaxy meant 'banana person', a chinese who is yellow outside and white/westernised inside. I am Malaysian chinese, I have had people call me that to my face, its no biggie. Banana person just means chinese who cant read or write chinese, in the case of baba nyonya descent, they cant even speak chinese.So, just calm down, kak pjswift is tough enuf, she will know how to hold her own.

14. Blitzzards

Please let's all stop it now. Things have all already been made clear.

15. Tybalt

Tybalt Regular Member

I'm a little confused by how gung-ho everyone here is. Everyone should chill. To me, it's quite simple.

LCW is a champion and he deserves a gold medal. It's heartbreaking that he didn't achieve what he deserves, but what he has achieved eclipses what he hasn't.

LD is an incredible player, and deserves all congratulations he receives. It's hard now to doubt that he's the best there ever has been and will leave a record that will be hard to beat for many years to come.

Regarding the 9-5 controversy, there is definitely a problem with an umpire overruling based on protest. I'm still not sure how the overrule happened, but even if it was the correct call, it's still not right to overrule based on a player's remonstration as a matter of morality and rule consistency. Saying, "It was the right call anyway, so what's your problem?" is really just daft consequentialism, in my opinion. Still, I think this is a stupid issue to debate and I don't think it matters in the long run.

LD said it right when he was talking about making a mistake. LCW happened to squander the golden chance by letting a good shuttle drop at 18-19. That's how close games with fierce opponents are decided in sports like these.

16. Blitzzards

Thank you Abang eaglehelang for the explanation. I really did not mean that as an insult, rather than just pointing out that we should not be insulting any race (for example "there is no good attitude and culture in Chinese people because of the actions and attitudes of the CHN players").

17. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

U know the IOC should cr8 introduce a new gold medal for the the most diligent and determined athlete and who shows the right attitude of an olympian. Then, DLCW will get the gold medal. LOL

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

You should call her Kakak eaglehelang:p

19. Blitzzards

Oooops, thank you for pointing it out. I must have misread the captions in the photos.

Apologies (to kak eaglehelang and others) and no offence intended!

20. mymombeatlindan

mymombeatlindan Regular Member

I'd like to see Lee Chong Wei 100%-110% form. :/