2012 Olympics Day 9 - Men's Singles Finals (Gold/Bronze)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Aug 3, 2012.

?

Who will win Men's Single Gold?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lin Dan (CHN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    ok I need to relax of this and eat this result slowly

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

What a great match! Pity that there must be only one winner...

3. julianng

julianng Regular Member

OMG LD won !!!

Does this mean the $2 million gold bar goes to me instead ?

4. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    now we dont know how long it will take for the malaysian to get the first gold medal at the olympic I dont like this, but it will be clean swept for chna, MS, WS, XD, WD and MD the best hope to prevent them from clean swept are LD, CJS/LYD but they already out

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree, Malaysia must moves on and seeks for young talent as the top priority as Chong Wei era come to a closing stage. I think Chong Wei still can be the world beater for 2 more years but will be hard to press for the next Olympics.
    We should not judge Chong Wei for what he failed to achieve rather the glory the has bought to us, the Malaysians. Chong Wei has been a very consistent players that achieves the most in Malaysia badminton history, we will always treasure him and hope he continues to succeed in near future.
    Malaysia Boleh!

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree, Malaysia must moves on and seeks for young talent as the top priority as Chong Wei era come to a closing stage. I think Chong Wei still can be the world beater for 2 more years but will be hard to press for the next Olympics.
    We should not judge Chong Wei for what he failed to achieve rather the glory the has bought to us, the Malaysians. Chong Wei has been a very consistent players that achieves the most in Malaysia badminton history, we will always treasure him and hope he continues to succeed in near future.
    Malaysia Boleh!

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

LCW just wrote "I'm sorry" on his twitter account

He has no need to be sorry.

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

The PLA team comes out to be the biggest winner in this year's OG! Their team has two singles champion! LD and LXR!

9. mrshuttle

mrshuttle Regular Member

i am lin dan's fan i am very happy that ld get the 2nd olympic gold.however,i also feel sad for lcw who lost again to ld.i think lcw has tried his best for this final.LCW jiayou dont give up!!!!sob so sad

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Terribly sorry for Lee CW but please don't be devastated, two OG silver is a great achievement. You just happen to be born in Lin Dan's era and to be perpetual second to The Greatest of All Time is a special honour.It was so very close, too bad there has to be a winner, in the end I see both as champions.Lin Dan, please don't take part in Rio 2016,give others a chance. Your record is already unassailable for a long,long time. Anyway, I doubt you've the motivation to keep winning, truly nothing more to prove,no more peaks to conquer, what else do you want in badminton?Lee CW, please don't give up and retire, persevere and you will get what you deserve, a couple of major titles in the next few years, I believe.

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

again, genius type vs hardworking type. Genius type is always prevailed.

12. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Your sarcasm is dully noted as the worst and gut wrenching, unprovoked comment I have ever read in this forum from a Lin Dan worshipper.

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I like the China pair traditional way of playing, Cai Yun setup so Fu can use his smashes. Makes me wonder who coaches the Malaysia pair, so out of sync and so unorthodox!

14. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

so sad for LCW. so near yet so far. nway it is a gd match. he play v well esp in G1

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

PLA ? The Army team? Is that why both of them salute the flag?

LCW is 1st Malaysian to win OG silver twice. 1st Msian MS to win silver, Rashid won bronze. That record itself will take dunno how many years to break.

LD rules, arent you LD fan(obviously)? LCW is like that, 2008 time he was so devastated. Now again, sad to see his heartbreak like that although I didnt expect him to win. Even when the fans tell him we are proud of him, he tried his best, it wouldnt sink in.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Morten Frost was right then, if LD reaches 11 first, he wins the match 90%+ of the time

#536 LD rules!, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yes, I'm a LD fan, he (LCW) doesn't have anything to be sorry about, he tried his best and he's one two silver medals, that's a great achievement!

18. chewplaybad

chewplaybad Regular Member

In this game, it is easy to get 2nd runner up, if you just do not have the ability, to overcome a stronger opponent. So it is obvious that who is a better single badminton player on the face of the earth.

19. mymombeatlindan

mymombeatlindan Regular Member

Yet again, so close yet so far for LCW. We know that from this match alone, both of them are equal in terms of everything except for one thing and that thing is their mentality. LD obviously better than LCW when it comes to that. On the other, it's not the kind of "berserk" that LCW showed yesterday. Throughout the 3 set, LCW just rarely smash as what he did in the semifinal. He has so much chance to smash but he didn't go for it. Why? I have no idea. He feed LD throughout the match. I already mentioned in the last couple of posts, if LCW want to win the gold, show us your form when you was in the semifinal but like I said, I didn't see it in the final just now. When he didn't showed it in the first set, I already expected that LD will take advantage of it and big possibility that LCW will not winning the gold and I was totally right. :S Why LCW? I know you can easily win it.
    But again, it doesn't matter as it was a past. What matter right now is that Malaysia managed to produce a real "prototype". Yes, everyone can blame me for saying that LCW is just a prototype. I don't care because it's what I think. LCW is only a "prototype". If the "prototype" already this good, you will see a better product in the future, surely better than either LD or LCW and possibly, become the greatest of all time. It may need roughly 8 years to produce this great product, but I'm sure that Malaysia has set many great talent for the future. Honestly, I couldn't wait for that day to come.
    From a basketball to a badminton player, from his bad past, from an unsuitable physicality/body for sport, from all the pressure of becoming the first this and the first that, from his controversial coach left and had to settle with new coach, from the suicide attempt of his father, from the 2 major injuries that he received just before the Olympic and many more; LCW is still the best of the best. Remember, LCW has more challenges that struck him outside the court.

#539 mymombeatlindan, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  20. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    This is the golden era of chinese badminton - eat your heart out all you china-bashers!!