SCG Thailand Open 2012 Comment on Matches (Main Draw)

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by etudiant, Jun 5, 2012.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think may will beat saina tomorow
    she will be really strong with home crowd behind her.

all the best for fuzzy pair in final.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    anyone watching Sharapova?

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Agree...You should say something in her fb wall ;)

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

No need, she'll win in comfy for sure...

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, just came back from dinner. She is wearing a nice black dress and leading 3-0.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i can't stop looking at her. :D

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Top half or bottom half?

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,i stop that after she forget me
    so sadT.T

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As a matter of fact,he did win in Thai Open before i.e. 2008, and in the Thomas Cup 2010 at KL, MAS. It's true he never won in INA. But why take issue with that? When Peter Gade said Lin Dan is the greatest and Lee HI called him the perfect shuttler, they didn't think,and neither do I,that he must win every major title or tournament, only that he is superior to everyone. Just like some people consider it a blight on Zhang Ning's record or greatness for never having won the AE title as if her 2 OG golds (the only male or female shuttler to do so) doesn't make up for it - I call it nitpicking.

Perhaps we get carried away describing him as Invincible, god of badminton, and such epithets,you know how ardent fans are. Whatever, if he isn't that great then whoever beats him isn't great either. To me,it is sufficient that he wins more major titles than anyone else and most of the time, that when he and his archrivals are at their best he is superior overall. And of course he is human,how can he be otherwise.This is my humble opinion.:)

Needless to say,everyone is entitled to their own opinion but whether their opinion is true or not is another matter. To me, Lin Dan deserves the highest praise as the Greatest of All Time. If you disagree,it doesn't mean you're wrong,only that we hold differing views. Peace.:D

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In tomorrow's match, Saina - Inthanon, Saina may on paper appear as the favourite based on her ranking, 6 places above inthanon's, but I feel they are quite evenly matched.

As for me, I'm rooting for my Little Princess Inthanon Ratchanok.:)

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As for Sony, I'd expect him to overcome Chen Yuekun, not only because he beat Lin Dan today whatever you may think of it but more for what he did yesterday against Sourabh Verma (assuming he wasn't hampered by anything).

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

someone mentioned above LD never won in INA before, i believe he won there a couple of times before, although not through an individual tourney, but through a team tourney (the TC in 2004 & 2008)..

so, he's pretty much conquered & won in most if not all of baddies' supreme regions...Now he needs to win in other continents (such as North & South America, Africa, Antartica & Arctic continents) to be truly considered invincible..:cool:

13. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    I won't consider it an upset. He himself said that he is physically and mentally drained after the TC. He is in Bangkok just to unwind ( not to take anything away from Sony, especially when I could only monitor the match on TS ) before he trains again to peak for the OG. A great fan of Lin Dan though I am I personally feel that he is not that invincible anymore in the recently concluded TC.We may have seen the better days of Lin Dan as a player. He showed his vulnerability against Sho Sasaki and Hyunil by allowing them to crawl back into the match when he was leading quite comfortably.
    By the way, somebody in this forum had gone to great length explaining some of LD's actions. I wonder why some of the BCers here still like to harp on it. Mention it once or twice is your entitlement. More than that you are exposing your anti-China sentiments although you try to hide behind the smoke screen of Lin Dan's actions. Just as I do not approve of the anti-India rants I also disapprove of those against China. I feel sorry for you if you ( not referring to you, Juliangng) are a descendant of the great civilization that is China. Don't go back crying to your forefather's homeland for help when things don't work out well for you in your adopted countries. Do not assume that there are no Chinese nationals in this forum. We are here reading your posts. In fact I personally know of a PRC professor in this forum.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    somewhere in between.:D

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he too yet to beat alany or me,lol

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for pointing that out.

N America (US and Canada GP/GPG, not interested),S America (no event for him, overqualified) Africa(???), Antarctica(vs Polar Bears,Walruses and Seals, he may be eaten alive or crushed), Arctic (vs Emperor Penguins, frozen to death) - understand your wit:)

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Haha..

Congrats to Sharapova for winning the French Open.

18. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

Just to correct: Polar bears,walruses and seals liva in the arctics, while emperor penguins live in the antarctic :D

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, it's good for Sony Dwi Kuncoro that he can still beat the off-form Lin Dan. Can he win his first title since 2009 against Chen Yuekun? As an INA fan, I hope he does.

20. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Defeating 100% or 80% Lin Dan will always deserve a credit. Especially for a player who is struggling for his comeback. For me, it is an upset. Congrats Sony. Hopefully tomorrow his form continues and win the title.